Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is good news!
tracey1302 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

What wasn't great news was seeing some footage of one of the cars going backwards when it wasn't supposed to. Fortunately a coaster buff pointed out very quickly that with a multi launch coaster this is normal if the car needs to stop, essentially the launch wont launch and then you roll back to the launch where the breaks then are applied ready for the launch to go. I had horrible visions of rollercoaster tycoon when I first saw it and think I would have had a slight moment if I was on that particular ride!

Good news is they were up to 7 cars today, the ideal is 12 but think they are ensuring everything is working as it should before they add all of them. I suspect the ride was a little rushed for opening.
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
Hi all, just back to share the full story of the ride queue, I wrote this for a blog on a fb group I’m on, hopefully some will find it useful and yes, my queue time probably was off a bit, I lost my maths skills at around hour 10

Day 13 - IOA - Hagrid Ride Opening Day

As I’d now been around all the parks I had tickets for and done all the rides I wanted to do, I had a ‘spare’ day that coincided with the opening of the hagrid ride! So I though why not?! I’ve never done an attraction opening day before, had nothing better to do and the ride looked incredible!

Now if I’d known how early people started queueing, I would have been up and at the park earlier but as I didn’t, I arrived and got in the queue just before 8am. Universal employees were quite clearly warning those of us joining that we were in for an 8 hour wait and so quite a few changed their minds. I was not one of these, 8 hours is just a working day, I can take that amount of boredom and monotony like a pro 😂

The queue moved gradually for a few hours, from the entrance around to Seuss land, behind the scenes of Poseidon and sinbad, which was quite interesting to see! There were food and drink stands along the way and you could leave the queue for bathroom breaks. Everyone was in good spirits and I got chatting to the people around me and made friends. It drizzled quite a lot with intermittent sunshine and the bearable weather definitely helped us!

At about 4pm, we finally got to Hogsmeade and I put my belongings in the locked then headed on to the ride entrance. The ride had had a few stops throughout the day for weather and so we all knew we were behind schedule but after so long waiting, everyone was dedicated to that ride. The family in front had 2 young twin boys who were taking it like champs, even though one has sensory issues. If they could do it, I sure as hell wasn’t giving up 😁

We were in the ride entrance with an estimated time from there of 2-3 hours. After about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, we made it into the building and into the pre-show. The pre-show was good but I think it was a bit too early on in the queue and should be closer to actually boarding.

After this, disaster struck and the ride broke down. We were inside with no natural light so unsure as to whether it was due to the weather but I suspect not. This is where it got really tough, no staff, no light, no water and no toilets. But everyone rallied around to support each other, we sang songs, told jokes and helped each other out! We could go out for toilet breaks but that involved climbing back through the queue (everyone was sat on the floor) which was a night mare! We ended up stuck in that cave queue for 1 hour 45 mins. I think many people would have left had it not been for the great atmosphere and support everyone gave to one another.

The only info we got from staff during this time was from a line counter saying that there were still 500 people ahead of us for the ride! Finally, to much applause and cheering, the ride was back up!

We had to wait about an hour from there then finally, it was our turn! I rode the sidecar with one of my line friends and wow, the ride is completely incredible... the best roller coaster I have been on, and I’ve been on a fair few. It’s actually a surprisingly long ride, with some unexpected twists and lots of launches. I actually did feel that it was worth the wait, as did the others in our little queue group!

Then, after we got off, the mum of our group, with the 2 boys took us all on as her party for rider switch as she had practically adopted us over the last many hours. The much cheering, hugging and excitement as we walked through for the second time, an amazing high. We hopped on and I got to go on the bike this time! I liked the bike better, you actually feel like you’re riding it around the coaster! And the ride was every bit as good the second time around!

When we all finally got off, it was just after half 10 and we were all wiped and so said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I could not have asked for better line buddies for the day!

I was starving after that day and so went to bubba gump for a lava cocktail (yum), shrimp mac and cheese (yum) and mozzarella sticks (not so good). Back to the hotel after via Lyft and got back about half past midnight.

Now a whole day of queueing isn’t for everyone but I had nothing better that I wanted to do, really enjoyed my day and got to ride an incredible ride... so to me it was worth it 😁

Today I’m doing some packing then off to magical kingdom this evening to say my goodbyes 😭
I think going by your post we were not far behind you. I agree with you about the people in the queue. There was 3 of us, a young guy on his own and a mother and daughter. We pretty much got each other through
and I think we would have actually been disappointed in each other if we quit
I had a wobble when the ride broke down and we were stuck in the room with the motor bikes riding over head. Thankfully they switched the sound off because it was very loud.
When we got to the actual ride we told the cast member we were a group of 6 because we felt we all needed to see it through together. I’m so glad we did because it was cool riding with them. We all had a wee hug after.
We weren’t like you though in that it wasn’t a free day for us it but day 2 of out nights stay at HRH and the second day of out 2 day base
tickets. We have been to Universal lots so have ridden all the rides plenty. We took the decision to stay in line over the 8hrs we thought it would be. initially we hoped to get it done in this time and with FoL passes could have gotten others done too but the park was closed by the time we rode. Like I said we fully excepted this was our choice but hey I’m Scottish and therefore a chancer so on the way out I went to guest services. First thing I said was the choice to stay in line all day was ours BUT if there was anything the nice guy could do I’d be most appreciative.
Without hesitation he asked what day would be best for us to come back. I wa sure so He gave me a code to bring back to customer services on Sat/Sun or Monday to get us all park entry. He also gave me a parking voucher so we wouldn’t have to pay again. I couldn’t believe it ! So nice of him and although I did go to see him so unexpected. I really thought he would tell me to get lost and quite rightly. Again the choice was ours. Great customer service from Universal and it actually got better when we went back Sunday. The young lady that we went to to get our tickets realised we’d stayed at the HRH but hadn’t got to use the FoL passes so she gave us them too.
We had a great day yesterday riding everything we’d missed.
Universal really did impress with their customer service.

Still can’t believe I waited 12hrs for a ride though !

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
I think going by your post we were not far behind you. I agree with you about the people in the queue. There was 3 of us, a young guy on his own and a mother and daughter. We pretty much got each other through
and I think we would have actually been disappointed in each other if we quit
I had a wobble when the ride broke down and we were stuck in the room with the motor bikes riding over head. Thankfully they switched the sound off because it was very loud.
When we got to the actual ride we told the cast member we were a group of 6 because we felt we all needed to see it through together. I’m so glad we did because it was cool riding with them. We all had a wee hug after.
We weren’t like you though in that it wasn’t a free day for us it but day 2 of out nights stay at HRH and the second day of out 2 day base
tickets. We have been to Universal lots so have ridden all the rides plenty. We took the decision to stay in line over the 8hrs we thought it would be. initially we hoped to get it done in this time and with FoL passes could have gotten others done too but the park was closed by the time we rode. Like I said we fully excepted this was our choice but hey I’m Scottish and therefore a chancer so on the way out I went to guest services. First thing I said was the choice to stay in line all day was ours BUT if there was anything the nice guy could do I’d be most appreciative.
Without hesitation he asked what day would be best for us to come back. I wa sure so He gave me a code to bring back to customer services on Sat/Sun or Monday to get us all park entry. He also gave me a parking voucher so we wouldn’t have to pay again. I couldn’t believe it ! So nice of him and although I did go to see him so unexpected. I really thought he would tell me to get lost and quite rightly. Again the choice was ours. Great customer service from Universal and it actually got better when we went back Sunday. The young lady that we went to to get our tickets realised we’d stayed at the HRH but hadn’t got to use the FoL passes so she gave us them too.
We had a great day yesterday riding everything we’d missed.
Universal really did impress with their customer service.

Still can’t believe I waited 12hrs fora ride though !
Bravo Universal, that is awesome customer service.
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Quick update for those that will be there in the next couple of weeks. Hagrid's will open at 12:00 for the next couple of weeks to allow more time for maintenance.