Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Family First - Moved to August 2022 *updated first page*

Welcome to my pre-trippie take 3!
Hopefully this time we will actually get to go on our holiday! However even though we held on for as long as possible, Covid19 put a spanner in the works and we were forced to cancel and rebook for August 2021. That obviously got cancelled too so now we are crossing all fingers for August 2022.

Our plans have changed again with this new booking for 2022 due to flights but I'm so desperate to just get there, I don't mind!

We decided to follow a similar pattern though, with 7 nights at CBR, starting 13th August. I'm still desperate to stay here and then 7 days at a dibb villa but a different one as the one we had booked was unavailable. However the new one looks just as lovely.

Due to an increase in flight prices and limited in choices due to having AA vouchers, we ended up extending our holiday by 2 days flying into Miami on Friday 12th August and returning home on Monday 29th August. We're looking forward to chilling in the area, staying in Fort Lauderdale before driving in to Disney on the Saturday.

We have 14 day disney tickets and our 14 day Universal tickets from 2020 which have been transferred.

This is our first family holiday to Orlando hence the title. Myself and DH went for our honeymoon back in June 2007. We vowed we would come back, once we had a family, but didn’t think it would be quite so long nor be delayed for so long when we finally booked! We’ve been planning for and saving for this trip for around 5 years so it’s a really big deal to us. We’ve been to DLP twice in that time to help ease the wait and absolutely loved it.

In August 2021, we were lucky enough to go on one of the Disney Staycations which was absolutely incredible, despite the stress leading up to it! We didn't want to leave and it gave us the much needed Disney magic we had longed for.

Now for the introductions…

I’m Emma (38) and work full-time as a Primary Assistant Headteacher. This is my third trip report (my first two were for DLP) and I’m looking forward to dong this one although it’ll be a mammoth task in comparison! I love all things Disney but my faves are Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo and Pluto. I’m also a huge Harry Potter fan so can’t wait to go to Universal.

DH is Owen (39 turning 40 before we go) and is a Technician who fixes medical scopes like endoscopes. He loves planning just as much as me – we’re pretty as bad as each other. His loves Star Wars, all things Marvel and the Lion King and is also a Harry Potter geek like me.

DS1 is Hayden (8, turning 9 while we are away). He is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars and Marvel – he’s like a walking talking encyclopaedia! He also loves Winnie the Pooh and the Lion King. He enjoys Harry Potter too.

DS2 is Ashley (6). Ashley loves Mickey Mouse. He has a toy Mickey he takes with him everywhere which we got when we last went to DLP. He also loves Disney Cars, Hulk and Stormtroopers!

This is us at DLP in 2018

The rest of the cast is…

DB1: Alex (36) who works in archiving in London. A hardcore Star Wars fan who loves Disney and enjoys Harry Potter too.

DB2: Peter (33) who works in accountancy. He loves Toy Story and Marvel.

DB2GF: Rachel (34) is also a teacher. She loves Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid.

This is us all at DLP with my mum who sadly won't be coming with us

I’m hoping to update regularly as we book each aspect and get an itinerary in place.

Edited at 07:16 AM. Reason: More people coming
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List