Old 30 Dec 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I think we will go for it and just accept that our youngest DD probably won't eat much and we'll have to get her something else afterwards! She has always been quite a fussy eater but recently she is becoming more willing to try things so maybe it won't be a problem by then. I'm a bit worried about her all around really as she will now be an adult on the dining plan.
Your daughter could always order something from the kids menu and they will bring it as an adult sized portion, which will likely be way too much for her. I know people think it's a waste of money to get a meal of nuggets and fries, some people pay OOP and save the credit, but personally I just want the kids to be happy and if they don't like any of the food on the adult menu I'd much rather them be happy and eat something for less money than them be miserable because that way I'm going to enjoy the whole experience a lot better. I figure it's free dining, we all get a free choice whether it's the most expensive or the least expensive item on the menu.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Indeed, I agree I'd rather she ate something. Not at buffets or family style meals but at ordinary TS meals I may pay OOP to get her a children's meal and save the adult credits towards an extra TS.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Indeed, I agree I'd rather she ate something. Not at buffets or family style meals but at ordinary TS meals I may pay OOP to get her a children's meal and save the adult credits towards an extra TS.
It could give you an extra few credits to play around with, especially if you did a couple of signature restaurants.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Good visit to AK. Did you manage to eat all that food from flame tree? I really like the seating area out the back there, it feels like a wee hidden spot.

Storybook... what can I say, we loved it last Christmas but I think at that point it was all new and shiny with a better menu.
We found it not great in the summer and the prime rib on both visits was declared the worst of all the meals. I also thought there because we were with friends and a table of 6 our server couldn’t have cared less.

Shame about your headache.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Good visit to AK. Did you manage to eat all that food from flame tree? I really like the seating area out the back there, it feels like a wee hidden spot.

Storybook... what can I say, we loved it last Christmas but I think at that point it was all new and shiny with a better menu.
We found it not great in the summer and the prime rib on both visits was declared the worst of all the meals. I also thought there because we were with friends and a table of 6 our server couldn’t have cared less.

Shame about your headache.
Nope it was huge waste of food really. We shouldn't have ordered it all.

I do think we chose poorly at SBD, I'm prepared to give it another chance, not this year but some day. Perhaps the rib just isn't as good as other items on the menu. There were times when I felt like we had really attentive service even though as a 6 the tip is guaranteed, it's a shame it's so hit and miss.

Old 24 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a shame about your headache as it probably didn’t help your enjoyment of the meal. Meeting the characters definitely seems to be the highlight. I really need to get over to Wilderness Lodge this year, it’s always on my to do list but we’ve never managed it...how exciting I’ve used this year in a sentence!
A great last visit to AK, I didn’t realise you could do the animation there so that’s a must for us the girls loved it when we did it at HS a few years ago.
I could just eat those pulled pork fries and it must be nearly cocktail o’clock by now! Happy weekend🍹
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a shame about your headache as it probably didn’t help your enjoyment of the meal. Meeting the characters definitely seems to be the highlight. I really need to get over to Wilderness Lodge this year, it’s always on my to do list but we’ve never managed it...how exciting I’ve used this year in a sentence!
A great last visit to AK, I didn’t realise you could do the animation there so that’s a must for us the girls loved it when we did it at HS a few years ago.
I could just eat those pulled pork fries and it must be nearly cocktail o’clock by now! Happy weekend🍹
I really want to do the animation class again this year. It was great fun. I'm hoping to build up my repertoire, not that I could draw Pumba again without the imagineer talking me through it.

You could go to dinner at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Get the boat over from MK, which is great. Geyser Point is a lounge with a view over the lake and it has some good reviews, plus some bad ones, but that does seem to be the way of it with Disney restaurants. Anyway its QS, but it seems like it's really nice. I'm planning it for when we are doing the DVC part of the trip at the end where we have no ddp.