Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 10 Jan 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Select amenities fees removed for DVC

OH will be happy as he would quite happily drink the coffee all day. It doesnt say if its just for Riviera though.

Photo from wdwnt Twitter.

wdwnt/2020/01/disney-vac...oom-amenities/

Edited at 08:27 AM. Reason: Photo hasnt uploaded.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Waiting impatiently...
Unread 10 Jan 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

It is for all I believe, reported last week- I am sceptical I have to say. Someone will pay- us in dues- and these items seem overpriced, so someone is making a profit. I personally do not want my dues increasing because selfish people request tons of amenities and towels etc, instead of making do.
Unread 10 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I saw that. We have been members for 20 years and never been charged for anything we have had restocked so we must have been lucky! 😊

WDW 1991, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2017
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boardwalk and Disney Fantasy
Unread 10 Jan 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have never asked for anything apart from when I have to ring up on cleaning or trash and towel day and they have failed to leave what they should. Normally loo roll or coffee. Sometimes a T Towel

I can see huge abuse of this sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have never asked for anything apart from when I have to ring up on cleaning or trash and towel day and they have failed to leave what they should. Normally loo roll or coffee. Sometimes a T Towel

I can see huge abuse of this sadly.
Yes, you and YorkshireT are right with it being abused by some and therefore adding to the dues, but that might be small when compared to the following.

Around 2011 we booked a 1-bed at OKW with the free dining package and received full housekeeping daily with all amenities replenished.

At the time we questioned why were cash bookings receiving daily housekeeping at a stand alone DVD resort while members only received a schedule clean. Also was this accounted for in separtate accounts, i.e. members were not paying in their dues for the daily housekeeping and extra amenities for those staying on a cash booking.

We were led to believe it was by a manager behind the front desk.

I now wonder how they keep that separate, do they have different staff covering cash bookings so they and all the amenities are not charged against members dues?

I doubt it, so I wonder if and how it's accounted for; with staff cost increasing maybe that's a question that needs to be asked.

Just consider a stay of 7-nights where cash bookings receives daily full housekeeping while on points it's only a Trash & Towel service on day four, that's a hugh difference in time and cost

So does anyone know how cash bookings are accounted for with regards to the extra services they receive over a member?

If it turns out that all housekeeping is charged against DVC at say OKW and SSR then does Disney compensate DVC accordingly for a cash booking?

If not fully, then maybe cash bookings at DVC resorts should have the same schedule clean as members?
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Yes, you and YorkshireT are right with it being abused by some and therefore adding to the dues, but that might be small when compared to the following.

Around 2011 we booked a 1-bed at OKW with the free dining package and received full housekeeping daily with all amenities replenished.

At the time we questioned why were cash bookings receiving daily housekeeping at a stand alone DVD resort while members only received a schedule clean. Also was this accounted for in separtate accounts, i.e. members were not paying in their dues for the daily housekeeping and extra amenities for those staying on a cash booking.

We were led to believe it was by a manager behind the front desk.

I now wonder how they keep that separate, do they have different staff covering cash bookings so they and all the amenities are not charged against members dues?

I doubt it, so I wonder if and how it's accounted for; with staff cost increasing maybe that's a question that needs to be asked.

Just consider a stay of 7-nights where cash bookings receives daily full housekeeping while on points it's only a Trash & Towel service on day four, that's a hugh difference in time and cost

So does anyone know how cash bookings are accounted for with regards to the extra services they receive over a member?

If it turns out that all housekeeping is charged against DVC at say OKW and SSR then does Disney compensate DVC accordingly for a cash booking?

If not fully, then maybe cash bookings at DVC resorts should have the same schedule clean as members?
Mmm, a really thought provoking post. Well done

Sad to say I have no idea. Maybe Zavander or YT can help?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Ive often thought that it was extreme the amount of housekeeping was received for a cash booking. We sometimes didnt use the soaps and the one we did, left out for reuse but the still left loads of additional soap and other bits.

We have found the DVC housekeeping schedule, albeit maybe it could be in a better order which days are done when, apart from running out of coffee. 😆
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Waiting impatiently...
Unread 10 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Getting Excited

Mobile

It seems odd that this is in the news now when Ive been seeing it discussed for months! :-) Im not sure how much impact it will have on dues as Ive seen many posts about people helping themselves from carts or from pools, so it may be the same people that over use the amenities going forwards, but it will be easier for them to keep track of.

Thats a very interesting point Brer Bear! Id love to know the answer.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote