Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

It looks like it could be a good ride. I know Universal's latest rides haven't been amazing but everything they have done for Harry Potter really has been great in the past!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s highly likely to be themed to the forbidden forest. I think they are potentially going to use Fantastic Beasts in their planned 3rd theme park.

Also their are rumours of another coaster coming to IOA as the next big project (likely 2020/2021), located in the Jurassic Park area, around the visitor centre area. All too early at this stage to know if it is actually going to happen but from what I have heard this would be a thrill coaster.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I liked Jimmy Fallon and Kong. You cant compare Twisting Dragons (Dragon Challenge if you must) to these, such different rides.
I was lucky to ride this one more time the week before it closed, well a few more times, it was empty so we went on and on.
My son was annoyed. His first year allowed on it and it was his favorite.
It was an amazing ride and they have a huge challenge to replace it, but im worried it wont live up to Twisting Dragons.

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Universal have closed the best coaster at their parks to build this so I would hope the new attraction is better than their recent efforts (Kong, Fast&Furiois, Jimmy Fallon)
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Based on that description it sounds very promising and should be a decent ride length too
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This is good! Universal have lacked in excitement with coasters, concentrating on simulators etc... It’s about time they built rides that are coasters. The Mummy coaster is one of my faves and this looks like it takes it up several notches!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I think this looks fantastic.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I saw this on YouTube recently. Some speculation, but if it is like this it will be awesome! Oh no...another reason to go again

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great to me!
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Ive only been on dragons a couple of times, and concentrated on not loosing my brain (or breakfast!) So dont really remember how long it was, this coaster seems to take up a lot of square footage, and looks like one hell of a ride! Not thrilled at the thought of the backwards bit, but am willing to try... I love gringotts and the combination of screen and scene as opposed to just simulation, hopefully this will have a few animatronics too (although not another Aragog please!) Better start the savings pot 💰💵💸👍👍
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

If Universal can deliver this as outlined in the video, this ride is going to be phenomenal ...

What an appetizer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List