Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Feb 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Spally79
Earning More Ears

Most amazing ride. Not just the visuals but it hits all of your senses too.

We arrived at AK at 7am, ride opened at 8am and we were on by 8.45. Totally worth it and a great atmosphere in the queue.
Spally79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
If you can't get a FP, join the queue a few minutes before the park closes. As long as you are in the queue *before* the park closes they let you ride. At a park close of 8pm, we joined the queue at 7.55pm and waited about an hour.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertH
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

It is a good ride, one of the better ones at Disney, but it's a pure simulator similar to how the Simpsons Ride at Universal is. That said it's probably the best simulator ride anywhere right now.

I do think its a bit overrated though by some. (Especially after riding it more than once)

Edited at 01:39 PM.
RobertH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Easily the best simulator ride in Orlando, it has risen the bar to a new level. If Universal did introduce a ride to this standard they would NOT be criticised. I am more than happy to pick fault with Disney when warranted but on this occasion they deserve a big pat on the back.

Edited at 01:54 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Amazing, breathtaking, glorious! I'm a bit of a wuss, so had to keep telling myself "I'm not really flying" that's how real it felt.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dorsetdisney
Gone all Goofy

been on this about 12 times, its slow to start but when you actually get seated, it is simply THE BEST RIDE EVER MADE
BEACH CLUB VILLA nov 2018
Dorsetdisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

we did it twice last month and wished we did it once...first time i was speechless...second time you know whats coming...still a must do tho
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

just before the entrance is a dummy seat to try
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
Easily the best simulator ride in Orlando, it has risen the bar to a new level. If Universal did introduce a ride to this standard they would NOT be criticised. I am more than happy to pick fault with Disney when warranted but on this occasion they deserve a big pat on the back.
Universal did produce a ride this it was called Back to the Future back in the early nineties.

In my view, it was the full shilling. It had a cohesive story, a good pre-show and a trip in a Delorean. When everyone got off they were full of wonder, there was lots of excited talking and wow's. It's still to this day the best experience I've had on any ride, it ticked all the boxes for me.

While I'm not going to take anything away from the Avatar film sequence, Cameron did a stellar job with it and it is amazing but Disney could have done a lot more with the pre-show made you believe you riding a Banshee and not a motorbike.

When we got off FOP, silence, total silence.

Are the other four Avatar sequels ever going to come out? I think it's ten years this year, how that time has flown...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by slimhead View Post
In regards to Pandora is it possible to get a fast pass on this ride if only booking 30 days in advance? I hear it’s frightening how quick they go?

Just wondered if anyone knows anyone that’s managed to get one if not the 180 minute queue is mad
I could book 60 days out but the best luck we had in getting our two Fastpasses was between ten to midnight.

I would imagine Disney have to hold so many back for the people who can only book 30 days out. People do also cancel fastpasses freeing them back up but for this ride perhaps not so many.

Best of luck...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List