Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Mar 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
GingerBabyMumma
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Star Wars Land effect on crowd levels

We didn't go to Disney when Pandora had just opened, but those of you who did, what was the effect on crowd levels at other parks? Were they busier because more people were drawn to Disney as a whole? Or quieter because people were focusing on Pandora/AK?

I REALLY want to book for Feb 2020 but I'm concerned that Star Wars Land would make it a bit less pleasant than if we were to wait later in the year (maybe November instead?)
GingerBabyMumma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

I’d imagine the star wars effect is going to be felt Orlando wide!

Studios will be unbearable for ages. Reports are people aren’t going this year while they wait for the new Star Wars to open so id expect that to knock on to the rest of Disney.

February is normally quiet anyway so will be busier but I wouldn’t have thought August levels.
If you have to go 2020 feb might be the best time compared to the rest of the year.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BuzzStarkiller
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Star Wars nut right here, but I can’t bear the thought of navigating through those crowds anytime soon.
Like previous post said, stick to usual ‘not so busy’ times but also expect a more crowded World than usual.
And don’t go on or around May the Fourth!
1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation. 1989: Days Inn, Altamote Springs. 1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive. 1993: Travelodge, Kissimmee. 1998: Howard Johnson, Maingate West. 2005: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook Estate. 2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills. 2011: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook. 2014: Brock House, Highgate Park 2019 April Here we go again!
BuzzStarkiller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We moved our holiday from March and are now going 27th Nov - 8th Dec.
We’re philosophical about the crowds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BuzzStarkiller View Post
Star Wars nut right here, but I can’t bear the thought of navigating through those crowds anytime soon.
Like previous post said, stick to usual ‘not so busy’ times but also expect a more crowded World than usual.
And don’t go on or around May the Fourth!
Oh bxxxer, I am a Star Wars fan and I completely missed this in my thinking for next year. I struggle in crowds and like end of April/beginning of May for lower crowd levels and nicer weather. Easter does move to a lot earlier in April in 2020 so I may be able to avoid that.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We were there for Pandora opening having previously been twice before that time of year. We found it noticeable busier. We still managed to visit ok. Star Wars is going to be a whole other level above. I honestly don't think people really realise how busy it will be.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I love star wars
And we go easter 2020 but we are completely avoiding Disney because of this as it’ll be manic and my son with Autism won’t be able to handle it at
All
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Genuine question- why does everyone think Star Wars opening is going to be such a big event? Is it because there are more rides opening or because of its hype? I missed Avatarland opening as we were there just before and haven't been back since, but I wouldn't have thought Star Wars would have been such a massive event... or am I being completely naive?

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Genuine question- why does everyone think Star Wars opening is going to be such a big event? Is it because there are more rides opening or because of its hype? I missed Avatarland opening as we were there just before and haven't been back since, but I wouldn't have thought Star Wars would have been such a massive event... or am I being completely naive?
Because of the absolutely huge fan base . They are offering the opportunity To stand next to a full size millennium falcon . It’s just another level for fans. It’s mind blowing and off the scale to imagine you can immersere yourself in the movie for real .
People who have never thought of attending any dusney park will go just to experience this .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BuzzStarkiller
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
It’s STAR WARS!
1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation. 1989: Days Inn, Altamote Springs. 1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive. 1993: Travelodge, Kissimmee. 1998: Howard Johnson, Maingate West. 2005: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook Estate. 2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills. 2011: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook. 2014: Brock House, Highgate Park 2019 April Here we go again!
BuzzStarkiller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List