Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Mar 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

we will have a big clue as to the impact of glaxies edge in HS before it opens, this is because it will open in Anaheim first and that will give a very good indication of the impact. The real star wars fans will be going to LA when it opens and that will be crazy, but i suspect if the experience is good those same people will be booking for HS as well. I think the impact on number in LA will be massive as they attract a differnt market. Then by the time HS version opens people will know what to expect and so if the LA version delivers HS could see even bigger Q's.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pezilla View Post
We messed up were there the last week of Sept. Didn't even think when I booked
It's either gonna be blissfully quite or mental .

Were massive starwars fans .
But I'm hoping we actually miss it .. don't tell dh
I feel the exact same way, I think we will miss it as we are there very end of sept. We love Star Wars and love the concept but I don’t want to experience the crowds!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Disney went quiet when asked by the press last week if there would be paid for fast passes.

I have to say it does look amazing but it isn't until its open and people hear about the 'half hour ride' that has 50 animatronic stormtrooper etc that people will really sit up and take notice.
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I think all will become clearer when the Disneyland one opens first in the Summer then we will all know to a much better extent what is liable to happen, as all the details come out

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
Star Wars is a bigger franchise than Harry Potter with even harder core fans and, from what I’m imagining, Galaxy’s edge will be on WWOHP levels of immersiveness.

There will be hoards people who don’t care for Disney one jot that will be coming just to see it.
and maybe some like us who hate star wars so although we go to florida twice a year will totally avoid disney next year
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
I feel the exact same way, I think we will miss it as we are there very end of sept. We love Star Wars and love the concept but I don’t want to experience the crowds!
Us too so I’m really hoping for an October opening and a late September soft opening that we’re invited to .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Disney went quiet when asked by the press last week if there would be paid for fast passes.

I have to say it does look amazing but it isn't until its open and people hear about the 'half hour ride' that has 50 animatronic stormtrooper etc that people will really sit up and take notice.
I can help but think charging would be a good idea.

I wonder how many people make fast passes and don't use them.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly38
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

I think that fast passes will soon be charged for.
And free dining will not be offered
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I think charging would be an awful idea, you could easily do penalties for no-shows like limiting further fastpass selection etc. without charging. We have to pay enough as it is, I am considering one of the paid for extra hours if there are any while I'm there and annoyed with myself for considering it. I would love a ride that is both immersive and lasts a decent amount of time.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I know Disney will always try and make money where they can, they’ve proven that again and again, but I will be really annoyed if the ONLY way I can get into Galaxy’s Edge is by paying more money. Make it fastpass only, but make those fastpasses free!
Part of me wonders why they didn’t make a whole new Star Wars Park if they wanted to charge on entry. They could have sold 4-park tickets and Star Wars tickets separately. That way the other parks wouldn’t be affected for those who dislike Star Wars. Fewer Star Wars fans would ‘leak’ into the other parks if they could choose to pay for just the Star Wars experience. By putting Galaxy’s Edge inside Hollywood Studios they’ve created a massive issue for themselves. There really is no limit to the amount of rides you could build based around the Star Wars franchise (they’ve already managed to build 5 food and beverage locations and 9 shops in Galaxy’s Edge alone!)

Edited at 07:59 PM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List