Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I'm not sure I agree. From memory the designated smoking area in MK was not next to a path - it was around the back of the castle in a location you went to only if you wanted to partake in a smoke. Sure, there are bound to be some negligible traces of smoke in the air bit nothing like compared to (extreme example follows) when you walk out of paddington station where all the smokers congregate and you can't easily avoid walking through their output
One at the exit of btm, (bottom of nugget way and turn left). No issue with that but the other was at the toilets at space mountain. Stupid place as you had to walk through it or wait (or go away somewhere else) in it while the better half had to wait in the queue at the ladies. Apparently the one near the castle closed long ago but some still smoked there.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I hope other parks follow suit including UK parks and police it as well. The smell of cigarettes makes me gag, I don't need to smell it thank you.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I wonder what Walt would make of it 🤔😉
It didn’t turn out so well for him...

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I'm not sure I agree. From memory the designated smoking area in MK was not next to a path - it was around the back of the castle in a location you went to only if you wanted to partake in a smoke. Sure, there are bound to be some negligible traces of smoke in the air bit nothing like compared to (extreme example follows) when you walk out of paddington station where all the smokers congregate and you can't easily avoid walking through their output
Well I encountered the smoking area in MK this summer as the temporary Space Mountain exit was right beside it

And saying that other places are worse shouldn’t be an argument not to make one place better IMO
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
They should have moved the smoking zone to the back of Small World so you had to hear the music while smoking. Would put people off for life if you had to spend a long time there.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
They should have moved the smoking zone to the back of Small World so you had to hear the music while smoking. Would put people off for life if you had to spend a long time there.
Or at the top of the Swiss Robinson Familty Treehouse... hardly anyone goes there.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Or at the top of the Swiss Robinson Familty Treehouse... hardly anyone goes there.
Middle of main street would be better. It would mask all those smells that re pumped out of the shops.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

What I don't like are the bubbles - they were everywhere when I was there last September. Quite a few burst in my eyes and they were quite painful. I tried putting my glasses on and they just burst on my glasses. Due to poorly legs I can't move quickly, no hopping out of the way for me!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What I don't like are the bubbles - they were everywhere when I was there last September. Quite a few burst in my eyes and they were quite painful. I tried putting my glasses on and they just burst on my glasses. Due to poorly legs I can't move quickly, no hopping out of the way for me!
Let's ban bubbles! They're evil 😈😈😱🤪
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

I haven’t read all the comments, only the first couple of pages, but I do feel quite strongly that smokers are constantly maligned and I don’t think it’s fair at all.

I used to smoke but stopped 7 yrs ago after being in hospital for a few weeks (unrelated to smoking) without a cigarette so decided not to pick one up again, mainly due to cost I actually liked smoking. I’ve always been baffled by the attacks on smoking and smokers but drinkers seem to escape the same treatment. I don’t drink but alcohol causes no end of social, domestic and health issues but is still socially acceptable

I’ve seen families torn apart by alcoholism, close friends relatives have parts of their liver removed, jobs lost due to various issues with drinking...do we see the same with smoking? Someone has crashed their car because they had 2 cigarettes?

I’m not saying smoking isn’t unhealthy, not at all, but do all the people on here who are posting that they’re happy at the ban never have a glass of wine? Or two? A night? Epcot each year has people being sick from drink, arguments and god knows what else all over the park and not in a tiny area away from everyone!

My partner smokes and it helps with her anxiety she believes and we have walked for miles trying to find a smoking spot as she would never smoke in a non designated area, the areas are tucked away and signed so I find it hard to believe people walk through them by accident. It might not smell nice but you’re more likely to be damaged by constant exposure to car fumes, airport fumes going on holiday and the drinks on the plane than you are from walking near a smoking area once or twice a year.

I’ll caveat this with the understanding that not everyone drinks or drives or hates smoking and smokers

Edited at 11:46 PM.
sunseeker100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread