Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Apr 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ohh reading this throws a new angle on it all! We've planned MK first day however AK was best on crowd calendar but decided I wanted fresh feet for my first walk down Main Street and going with my parents who are first timers! Reading this though I do think the "easing in" elsewhere has a good ring to it for future trips. I love how different everyone's trips are :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We haven’t been to a Disney park since 2015, and won’t be again this year. Universal is our day 1 park.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Epcot is my favourite and we went there on the first day of our last holiday.
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We are doing Epcot as it’s got emh. Want to make the most of the early starts! MK is day 2
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

The last three times we've been it's been evening Magic Hours at Epcot so we jump off the plane, check in and go straight to the park for an hour or two to use our FPs. It doesn't matter which park we do, we're in Disney! We walk around for a bit until we're tired then go back to our resort for an early breakfast the next morning. It's worked for us for the last few years.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We go wherever is good on the busy day guide.

To be honest I wouldn't book a late meal at either MK / Epcot or any other park on the first day. We only seem to survive jetlag wise until about 7 so it's an early meal for us wherever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
I have never done it on the 1st day, I plan according to the busy day guides, I don't mind which park we do first, any disney park is special for the 1st day for me.
This is my family too.

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JandL
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

This is our first visit to Disney Orlando having done Paris three years ago when the children were 6 & 3. We originally planned to go to MK on the day we arrived but never made it due to a delayed flight & a long queue at security. So we just did it on our penultimate day and it turned out to be a real anticlimax. It was much busier than the other parks and the rides are pretty low key. We ended up abandoning it mid-afternoon and heading back to the pool. Perhaps if we’d been able to do it on the first day there would have been that “wow” moment. As it was, when given a choice between hotel pool, seeing the parade or waiting 65 mins for Splash Mountain & there was a clear winner!
JandL is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked our UO onsite stay before Disney this year so will be quite different! MK is our first Disney park we will visit on day 4 and thankfully this was not least recommended on busy day guide! Our DD is only 7 hence still MK for our first Disney park
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We always do MK first full day at rope drop , its tradition, but we don't do full park days so it doesn't really matter how busy it is. If its too busy we just go to another one.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List