Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We enjoy this part of it! I love planning ADRs, Fastpasses, busy day guides etc etc, this is all part of the enjoyment for us as we book at about 480 days out to get the best price!
Old 12 May 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I also love the planning and am more than happy to spend a few hours, usually in the winter months when it's dark and gloomy, drawing up a rough itinerary. Knowing we've got Fps for our favourite rides booked is way less stressful then thinking we'll have to turn up on the day and take our chances.

Also, I don't think of it as planning out the whole holiday. Fastpasses each day will take up around 3 hours out of the day. So if I book them from 10am for example we would have the option to get to the parks for rope drop or take our time and get there before the first one expires at 11am. Our third FP will be done by 1pm so we then have the rest of the day to do whatever we want whether that's booking more Fps, heading to a different park or going back to the resort for some pool time. Similarly I'll sometimes book Fps for the evening leaving the whole of the day free.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest it’s all part of my love for going to Florida. I love planning and making lists lol
We do plan each day and FP’s also ADR’s when staying onsite however with 3 children things need to be flexible so it’s no big deal if something needs to be changed or missed.
Our main FP’s are for popular rides that we would not queue long for and usually only have late times available on the day (we don’t do late nights) so soarin, test tack, 7 dwarfs mine, FOP etc is booked the rest of the day it’s a case of chilling out in the parks enjoying the atmosphere and going on rides with short queues etc
It’s all part of the magic for me lol
Plus we are a very indecisive family, if it was left until the night before or the actual day we would spend until lunch time decided what park we are going too lol
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Plus we are a very indecisive family, if it was left until the night before or the actual day we would spend until lunch time decided what park we are going too lol
I think this is a really good point - planning not only eliminates wait time, it eliminates deciding time!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

I do like a plan in life, but within reason and flexible. This apart from price is the biggest Negative of Disney at present. It's supposed to be a holiday yet you plan park rides 30-60 days in advance then run around the park to get to FP's on time and then some even book restaurants SIX MONTHS ahead.

Sadly this has become a necessary evil for many, especially to get good restaurant times with younger kids.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Our only trip to Orlando to date was in 2005 and we only planned what park to do on what day. We tweaked it a bit when we were there but more or less stuck to it.

This trip is split into 3.

12 nights onsite at disney. This is pretty well planned. We have fastpasses for after EMH on the days we are planning to be in the parks for them. For other days when we plan to see fireworks/light shows we have late afternoon/early evening fastpasses booked. We have ADRs nearly every day and a couple of dessert parties and one EMM magic booked too. I don't envisage us changing plans too much while we are at Disney unless the weather reeks havoc!

6 nights on i-Drive. We have no meals booked but have a list of possibilities. We have Kennedy, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica and possibly Volcano Bay to fit into these days. We will go with a plan in place of what to do on which days but we will decide for sure at the start of this bit of the holiday dependent in part to whether we want to fit in shopping time and the weather.

3 nights onsite at Universal. We have FOLP so no real planning for here. I have had a look at touring plans so have an idea to split up the first couple of days but definitely will not be following a list. We have one meal followed by the Blue Man Group booked but other than that we are going to just see how we get on.

Most trips/holidays we do try to do a bit of planning as, as others have said, we struggle to get going if we don't have a set plan for the day. Sometimes the plan is just to do nothing though!

I have enjoyed planning the Disney part of the trip but I have also struggled a but having not been for 14 years. I am also looking forward to the flexibility of the rest of the trip though, both in terms of moving what day we do what around in the middle and having FOLP at universal so being able to ride what we feel like on each day.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
then run around the park to get to FP's on time
Why would you need to run around the parks? If you space them out sensibly you can walk or even meander around the parks.
Old 15 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
I do like a plan in life, but within reason and flexible. This apart from price is the biggest Negative of Disney at present. It's supposed to be a holiday yet you plan park rides 30-60 days in advance then run around the park to get to FP's on time and then some even book restaurants SIX MONTHS ahead.
Or to look at it another way - you plan carefully, then get there and have plenty of time to stroll gently round the park, because you can do 8 or more rides in a day with no queueing, no rushing and no hanging about.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Or to look at it another way - you plan carefully, then get there and have plenty of time to stroll gently round the park, because you can do 8 or more rides in a day with no queueing, no rushing and no hanging about.
Yes - this is our experience.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s ridiculous! We had a non Disney last year and just did Univeral and seaworld and loved it. We go back to Disney tomorrow so let’s see might be the last one for us !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List