Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Also planning on getting a droid so perhaps take the inner bit with the batteries and put that in hold amongst clothes and take the outer bit in hand luggage?
If anything, the inner bit with the batteries should go in your hand luggage not the hold luggage. Although I suspect the capacity/power of the batteries is not particularly high so I suspect it doesn't really matter - you can put it in either hold or hand luggage.

See the following which states nearly all normal items containing batteries are allowed in carry-on baggage but items containing lithium batteries over a certain size or e-cigarettes are not allowed in hold luggage:

caa/Passengers/Bef...ed-in-baggage/

The droids aren't *that* big so I think they should fit in most suitcases (I suppose it depends on the size of the suitcase)? But you can take them on as hand luggage if you prefer.

As for the lightsabers, the blade detaches from the handle so, again, these should fit into a suitcase. I brought home a plastic lightsaber in my suitcase in the past and the blade on that was still attached.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
I had a similar (ish) question.

I read CMs stay in character as much as possible. If I buy a droid and want it delivered back to my hotel room are they able to help with that? Don’t fancy walking round DHS with it and once I have it I’m not sure how I go about getting it sent “off world” without leaving SWGE
Why not make it the last thing you do - that way you can take it straight from the park back to where you're staying without having to worry about it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
I had a similar (ish) question.

I read CMs stay in character as much as possible. If I buy a droid and want it delivered back to my hotel room are they able to help with that? Don’t fancy walking round DHS with it and once I have it I’m not sure how I go about getting it sent “off world” without leaving SWGE
Isn't one of the features that is special about these droids that they interact with the surroundings? So wouldn't you want your new "born" to be with you as you wander about the outpost.

I was wondering about the droid, make-it-easier-to-carry, backpack that is offered for additional $$; do they still give you the big box or can that bit be sent back to the hotel - via errr space shuttle?.
Krushy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Ah yes the TSA are renowned for thier sense of humour! 😀
But is the one of the best replies I have seen on the Dibb ever, made me proper belly laugh
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Krushy View Post
Isn't one of the features that is special about these droids that they interact with the surroundings? So wouldn't you want your new "born" to be with you as you wander about the outpost.

I was wondering about the droid, make-it-easier-to-carry, backpack that is offered for additional $$; do they still give you the big box or can that bit be sent back to the hotel - via errr space shuttle?.
You are right they are designed to react to things in the land. That's one of the reasons they have the special backpacks that the droids head pokes out of. They are Blue Tooth enabled, and react to blue tooth signals from other droids and objects all over the land. Also if you have two of them and put them next to one another (If family members have their own maybe) after a short while they talk to each other, have seen a video of this and it's very cool.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I’ll see what other guys do later. An R2 may fit in my case, although nothing else will I think. Ha.
It may not be huge, but I’m not sure the dimensions will be small enough to count as hand luggage.
I hope there’s an off button for it too. Ha
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Krushy View Post
It depends on whether you want to carry around a large (ish) droid on your back all day during the heat of summer. And whether you want to take it with you on Rock'n'Rollercoaster, ToT or the new Millennium Falcon ride, hoping it doesn't get bashed around.

I guess you might want to carry it around GE for an hour or two but perhaps not the rest of the day whilst looking around the rest of HS.

(Plus, it also depends on whether you spent extra money on the backpack or just opted for the standard cardboard box. I wouldn't want to carry around the cardboard box during those afternoon showers).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Mobile

This is the size of the box they give you.

Taken with their parents permission
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Does HS have lockers you could leave it in?
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
I think I read that the lightsabers will come apart. I know the video we watched, they showed you the sheath they give you, which a/ looks VERY padded round the blade, and b/ seemed to fold at the top with a separate section for the handle.

I hope they do, we'll be looking to get 2 home!

/Mo
The blade comes off relatively easily from what I’ve read

What I can find an answer for is the quality of the blade,
I know some people are complaining about lagging sound but they look so cool!
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List