Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Yes it is all mainly about saving time as if you can move stuff to "now" then you aren't waiting for an hour to do the next FP. Also as said above the algorithm does seem to favour modifying.

Refreshing FPs work all the time, I have a remaining complimentary ticket which is open ended so occasionally do a dummy run and just swapping between 3 times I can find some headliners fairly quickly that wasn't available 2 mins earlier. I did read somewhere that when a FP time is "offered" it is reserved to that person until they refresh again then is released to offer to the next person trying. Not sure if this is true but would explain why FPs can disappear then reappear after a few refreshes.

As for rides being available after your 3 are up, yes they can be limited but doing the refresh you can sometimes get some absolute blinders. We easily got Space Mountain last year and Splash, we could have got a later 7DMT but had already done it that day anyways.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve gotten FoP on the day before but usually too late for us and we haven’t had the patience to stay in the park just in case we can get one closer. I also got Slinky Dog while in the queue for Slinky.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were in Epcot on Friday, used our 3 fast passes by noon and was heading to magic Kingdom that night so jumped on the app, kept refreshing for 5 minutes going forward and backwards with the times BTM came up for 7.30 so grab that then went into modifty it and kept playing with times and 7dmt came up for 7.00 so swapped to that. Went and used 7dmt and as soon as we were into the fast pass lane started again back and forth with times 7.30 - 8.00 BTM then came up at 7.30 eventually so grabbed that. Did the same again and managed to grab a splash after that. At first it may not seem like a lot is available but if you keep going back and forth for a few minutes things do pop up.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is new to me too. I’m
Going to have to try and get my head around this as it sounds useful.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

If you just look at the FP availability tool here you can see how things fluctuate, refresh is probably the best tip of all.
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
This is new to me too. I’m
Going to have to try and get my head around this as it sounds useful.

Kat
It’s really not as complicated as it sounds. Once you get there and can play about with modifying FP it’s very straightforward.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi i do the same with ADR's
I wanted Breakfast at BOG for 8am when I search that, all that was available was 9.20 am, I grabbed that, then went straight to modify and 8.30 came up.I changed to that then did it again and I now have 8.15 😆I do the same with all my meals if I can't get the time I really want and it always works.😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I’m finding this information very useful as last year one of the things that was annoying was waiting for an hour for the next FP. I will definitely try modifying times when we go in 2020.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm just wondering whether the 'modifying brings up more times' thing is just a coincidence... after all, surely the system only recognises 'available' or not 'available'. I doubt it has the capacity to recognise 'Only available to guests who already hold a FP'... anyway, anecdotal or not, I'll definitely give it a try!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List