Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jun 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Definitely works, been doing it all week. You have to be quite persistent but it's easy enough, while we were waiting to board Test Track I was refreshing and refreshing the app, got a Frozen fastpass for 8pm. When we got off Test Track and were walking to get a drink I was refreshing and refreshing again, modified it to 4 pm.
Old 8 Jun 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
Definitely works, been doing it all week. You have to be quite persistent but it's easy enough, while we were waiting to board Test Track I was refreshing and refreshing the app, got a Frozen fastpass for 8pm. When we got off Test Track and were walking to get a drink I was refreshing and refreshing again, modified it to 4 pm.
Does it ever work when you’ve got a fastpass and it then says none left for this experience
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
The tap, grab, modify is just one way people approach the parks, touring plans is another. I personally use both and other ways. If it's not for you fair enough and there are other ways some would rather just go and not plan anything. Everyone should just remember it's a holiday (an expensive one at that) and the most important thing is that you do what is the most comfortable for you and your group, using the tips given at the Dibb if you think they would work for you.
Agree 100% with all of this!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Does it ever work when you’ve got a fastpass and it then says none left for this experience
Yes, they appear and disappear all the time, sometimes there's nothing, refresh and 10 rides appear, refresh again they are gone, and again they reappear (I did a lot of playing)

Works best at MK but that has the most attractions

Didn't standby a single ride all week that you could fast pass (too hot for that)
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Going to try this in Aug. My lot hate waiting in line 😣
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

How do you get to ‘tap, grab, modify’? I’ve never heard of it before and as I will start booking out FPS in a couple of weeks, it’s something I could do with knowing about!
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
How do you get to ‘tap, grab, modify’? I’ve never heard of it before and as I will start booking out FPS in a couple of weeks, it’s something I could do with knowing about!
It’s just a name someone has given to checking if there are FP available really. It’s an extension of checking for a 4th FP. As soon as you’ve scanned your band for the 3rd booked FP you can look for a 4th, once you’ve scanned for that you can get another and so on. What some people do though is once they’ve tapped in for their first they try to modify the second to bring it forward, then again with the second and third. It doesn’t always work but when it does you can ride your initial 3 rides within an hour or so rather than waiting for all the FP windows to open. I find it works best in MK where there are loads of rides and no tiers. Less so in the parks with one or two big ticket rides.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
Have a look at the "hacks" thread that goes into more detail and more.
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GreenJimmy
a Friend of the DIBB

Is the modify likely to work on one of the 3 original FPs?

I'm staying onsite for 5 days in August, and today was my FP booking day.
However, I can only get FOP for 6.15pm (and I know we are unlikely to be still in the park at that time).
How likely is it that I will be able to modify this time to a good few hours earlier? And if it does happen do I assume that such a modification is only likely to be possible a day or so before we attend the park?
Basically would appreciate the input from the more experienced folks here.
GreenJimmy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GreenJimmy View Post
Is the modify likely to work on one of the 3 original FPs?

I'm staying onsite for 5 days in August, and today was my FP booking day.
However, I can only get FOP for 6.15pm (and I know we are unlikely to be still in the park at that time).
How likely is it that I will be able to modify this time to a good few hours earlier? And if it does happen do I assume that such a modification is only likely to be possible a day or so before we attend the park?
Basically would appreciate the input from the more experienced folks here.

Keep looking and refresh all the time especially within the 60-30 day period, they do seem to release more during that time and we managed to modify ours last year in Aug at about day 50, someone posted on here that more had been released, I jumped on and got a 10:30 instead of 19:00.