Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Why is everyone so uptight about someone managing to snag fast passes early..

Going on about cheating makes us sound like we are all still at high school and getting annoyed when someone gets bit more cake than us

I am staying onsite for the perks, I wanted the extras of staying onsite, am I offended or annoyed that people are able to do this? NO.. Im happy with my choice and my extras so I don't care what others do. If people are managing to gain little extras good for them. Come on guys you should be more annoyed at the prices Disney charge us than someone getting a couple of fast passes early
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Clearly Disney know it is possible
Maybe, although sometimes I do wonder...

Take the rolling 60 days quirk. That existed for quite a while and it took Disney a year or two to "correct" that one. Same goes for using fastpasses associated with tickets not used to enter the parks. That was around for a while.

I think it takes Disney a while to realise that these "glitches" exist. Either that, or they don't correct the glitch until it starts getting heavily abused (eg. someone starts trying to make money from the glitch).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Take the rolling 60 days quirk. That existed for quite a while and it took Disney a year or two to "correct" that one.
I have a different approach to that. As a programmer it would have taken something to program the rolling 60 days into the original system. I think Disney wanted it that way from the start. It is only after Social Pressure that they changed it.

This is my personal opinion rather than fact but it is an educated guess knowing how the system worked from a programming perspective.

This is why I thought they had changed the group FP+ for non hotel guests at the same time.

Edited at 12:04 PM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

There are many examples of glitches, discounts, short cuts, cheats been posted on this and other forums which people do not even comment on. For example how many people sign up to restaurants vouchers and put in a false DOB. This is clearly a lie but what has been posted in this thread is a case of using the system to your advantage. If you believe this is something you are willing to do or not is a personal choice.
Its like people who are booking FP's at HS and not intending to ride, the system officially is that you ride ,but people know that by tapping and walking away that classes it as used. My personal view is if a system allows you to do it (intentionally or not) and the designers of the system know about it and don't do anything to change it , its a design feature.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
To use your words Exactly! Even if youre aware of cheating taking place why make it public knowledge, therefore maybe being seen to encourage it. Cheating is cheating, whether you feel comfortable doing it is down to your own moral compass.
Just to clarify my word Exactly is referring to the American websites not any posts on here.
To be honest I’m fairly ambivalent to most things with Disney apart from their sheer greed.

We need to remember SMAX is only clearing up some confusion not promulgating any scam or dishonesty.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
spurs444
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

The definition of "cheating" is to act dishonestly.

If by adding your family to your fastpass party you are able to book at 60 days i fail to see where this is dishonest.

I find it sad that some onsite guests are so paranoid that an offsite guest may actually be able to get full value from their £400 plus Disney tickets by being able to access all the rides for their families.
"The most magical place on earth" - yeah right !
spurs444 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Totally agree with you Spurs444
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I have a different approach to that. As a programmer it would have taken something to program the rolling 60 days into the original system. I think Disney wanted it that way from the start. It is only after Social Pressure that they changed it.

This is my personal opinion rather than fact but it is an educated guess knowing how the system worked from a programming perspective.

This is why I thought they had changed the group FP+ for non hotel guests at the same time.
Considering that the other onsite perks don't carry across to linked offsite people, I assume this Group FP+ feature may also been programmed in. If that was the case, I suppose one could argue that if there is enough social pressure to change it then Disney will change it, like the rolling 60 day thing.

Which is sort of what I meant by my last statement.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rossmasa View Post
I'm all for the helpful tips etc on this forum , put promoting glitches in the fastpass system to get fastpass's for people at the 60day mark that shouldn't really be entitled to them you really need to question some peoples morality.
I agree, particularly since the OP is an Administrator!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I guess we're all different. Just wonder how guests staying offsite would feel about say a group of people trying to cut in to a fast pass queue saying they were with someone in front - cheating the system or good on them for trying and getting away with it?