Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Excited to hear the details. Love the classic monsters idea - Dracula’s castle would be incredible!
I’d be surprised if they didn’t include any HP or Fantastic Beasts related area, especially given that HP was responsible for rejuvenating Universal and upping its traffic considerably. Also, I love HP, so anything new is fine by me.
Nintendo is already confirmed, hoping we will get some more details.
Exciting times, indeed.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

[QUOTE=m2k00;13988193]There was a rumour recently about Jurassic world, I think at some point they considered a separate Jurassic world land as part of the new park, but the plan I understand now is to retheme the existing land at IOA. However universal creative have developed a new Jurassic world themed Dark ride for the park they are building in Beijing which apparently (on paper at least) is the best ride Universal creative have ever designed. You ride in a gyroscope and at one point you get kicked by a Dino spinning you out of control before coming to a stop in front of a huge Indominus Rex , which then appears to chase after you and will use lots of animatronics rather than screens

As long as it’s not based on the Kong/Fast and Furious (they really should be done under false trading descriptions on that one) ride vehicle I’ll be happy.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
Anyone a Trekkie? I think that would be a good area for the rumoured 3rd Park.

Big fan base, popular and could rival Star Wars. Just an idea mind.
I had heard that a while back there were talks in recreating the Star trek Experience that was in Hilton Las Vegas years ago. I was lucky enough to experience this in 2007, it was amazing!

I'd love this to be true, but I doubt it will happen as there hasn't been any reboots that really captured a new younger audience. I loved Next Gen and Voyager, but millennials don't seem to have been grabbed by anything Star Trek has done recently.

God this is making me sound old, I turn 40 this year! Just think that Universal will cater to the younger 20 somethings.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
I had heard that a while back there were talks in recreating the Star trek Experience that was in Hilton Las Vegas years ago. I was lucky enough to experience this in 2007, it was amazing!

I'd love this to be true, but I doubt it will happen as there hasn't been any reboots that really captured a new younger audience. I loved Next Gen and Voyager, but millennials don't seem to have been grabbed by anything Star Trek has done recently.

God this is making me sound old, I turn 40 this year! Just think that Universal will cater to the younger 20 somethings.
While on paper a great idea on one I love sadly I fear unlikely with paramount pictures been hot and cold about re-entering the theme park work but with or without them Star Trek is a big part of the new park in Kent I can’t imagine them allowing the licensing in florida
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve heard Star Trek mentioned - we should find out today, fingers crossed!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CAD View Post
Anyone a Trekkie? I think that would be a good area for the rumoured 3rd Park.

Big fan base, popular and could rival Star Wars. Just an idea mind.
There was talk of a Star Trek area at this new park. But I think that was just wishful thinking by some people. I doubt it'll happen.

Perhaps with the new Picard series that's in the works there may be some renewed interest?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
we should find out today, fingers crossed!
We're all going to be really disappointed if all the announcement turns out to be is about a new epic stunt show coming to the old Terminator 3D building.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
We're all going to be really disappointed if all the announcement turns out to be is about a new epic stunt show coming to the old Terminator 3D building.
Oh no I'd not considered that!
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I am not sure at this stage they will announce two many specifics about what will be in the park, as I expect will be at least 4 years before it opens. With news and announcements drip fed over the next few years during construction to keep interest.
However I expect their to be 4 main areas (however I have read each main area will then be split into fully themed sub areas) what I expect the areas will be are

Nintendoland (with mario and donkey Kong sub areas)

Dreamworks (sub areas for various different dream works properties)

Monsters

Fantastic beasts
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

apparently there is a giant yoshi at the new site