Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Just to get it clear they are using a normal line plus a single rider line for the ride? That's interesting DH said the SR line was the same as the everybody line (mind you where he got that from I don't actually know) He will be well please if there is a SR line as I am not sure I actually want to do the ride (chicken). Was the park open as normal and you just went straight to GA for your reservation time an hour beforehand and were allowed in ? We have reservations for OGA's for 11.15am when we are there, interested to know the procedure to get in. Like you, might not bother to get there at 6am if you can get in any way for your reservation. Was there a line for reservation holders? Sorry for all the questions

Yes there was a single rider line at the ride entrance on the left, along with a normal line to the right.

Park was open as normal, just outside of Galaxy’s Edge was a row of umbrellas with cast members. When we were going in it was virtual line. We told the CM we had a reservation at the cantina and they let us straight in.

There was a line for the cantina and then they called your name and let you in.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We got to Hollywood Studios at 8.30am this morning. We were in boarding group 99 and got let into Galaxy’s Edge at around 10.30. Millennial Falcon was posted at 180 mins wait so didn’t bother. Loads of queues to get into the stores and to buy the special coke bottles. We stayed 30 mins, looked around and left. Saw loads of YouTubers which was cool. Crowds were much better than I thought they’d be to be honest.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s just been posted the virtual queue is no longer needed at present .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wildphantom
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Just to get it clear they are using a normal line plus a single rider line for the ride? That's interesting DH said the SR line was the same as the everybody line (mind you where he got that from I don't actually know) He will be well please if there is a SR line as I am not sure I actually want to do the ride (chicken). Was the park open as normal and you just went straight to GA for your reservation time an hour beforehand and were allowed in ? We have reservations for OGA's for 11.15am when we are there, interested to know the procedure to get in. Like you, might not bother to get there at 6am if you can get in any way for your reservation. Was there a line for reservation holders? Sorry for all the questions
I’ve just come back from the Anaheim GE so can answer all of this as WDW will work the same way.

There is a single rider line to the left of the line. Guaranteed to get either gunner or engineer roles, so if you want pilot (and it is AWESOME) then best get in the standby regular line.

As for Oga’s - if you have a reservation you’ll get into the land even if it is at capacity.
You get 45 mins in there and can order up to two drinks each. Just join the queue 5 or 10 mins before your reservation time and you’re good to go. It’s very well organised so you’ve nothing to worry about. You’ll find the cantina a pleasure to experience as its reservation only. Nobody without a reservation can get in just to see it and take snaps.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask as I’ve spent close to 15 hours in there this week. It’s incredible.
wildphantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh I got a super cool metal gift card as well, had to load with $100 but can be used anywhere in WDW
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Yes there was a single rider line at the ride entrance on the left, along with a normal line to the right.

Park was open as normal, just outside of Galaxy’s Edge was a row of umbrellas with cast members. When we were going in it was virtual line. We told the CM we had a reservation at the cantina and they let us straight in.

There was a line for the cantina and then they called your name and let you in.
Single rider isn't open at all times for smugglers run however. It's open intermittently. When it is open the light is on and it's very quick to get through. 5 mins for me at 8.30pm this evening!

You do miss the pre ride show etc in single rider

Edited at 03:49 AM.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepyBlue
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm here now. Decided to skip the morning madness but when the app said the virtual queue was over we decided to head over about 5pm. Managed to try the quick service options in Docking Bay 7, raid the day one merch, have some great interactions with the immersive cast members, down some blue milk, and ride the incredible Smugglers Run twice (around 60/70 min waits for both). Second time we queued just before park close so when we exited the ride Galaxy's Edge was almost empty leaving us with a fantastic experience with a ton of uninterrupted photo ops.

Edited at 07:13 AM.
SleepyBlue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

WOW Thanx for all the input folks, looking forward to it now
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Anyone there today ? Just wondering what the queues are like and what time it opened.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SleepyBlue View Post
I'm here now. Decided to skip the morning madness but when the app said the virtual queue was over we decided to head over about 5pm. Managed to try the quick service options in Docking Bay 7, raid the day one merch, have some great interactions with the immersive cast members, down some blue milk, and ride the incredible Smugglers Run twice (around 60/70 min waits for both). Second time we queued just before park close so when we exited the ride Galaxy's Edge was almost empty leaving us with a fantastic experience with a ton of uninterrupted photo ops.
It's interesting looking at yesterdays queue times for Smuggler's Run:

Unusually, in terms of queue times, it was actually better to have a lie in and get to Galaxy's Edge late in the day rather than getting there super early. The longest queues were at the very start of the day and the queue gradually dropped as the day went on. Looks like you made the right choice.

It'll be interesting to see whether the same thing happens today or not.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:35 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List