Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When I was a CM I got yelled at by a Brit who was quite obviously over 21 - probs nearer 30, but he was angry that we wouldn’t serve him alcohol as he didn’t have two forms of ID. Particularly angry at me cos he knew I was a Brit and therefore knew his liscene was legit etc

But rules are rules and it’s not worth breaking them.

Definitely not worth breaking the law in a country like America.
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

For what it worth why don't all your family not have a drink? I mean it only a couple weeks? and less pressure on her too have a drink if no one is having one? just a thought.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have no doubt young looking people are ID'd. Very naughty but back in my day it was easy to get an international driving license and fill your own DOB in (it was a bit of cardboard). How times change.
However in maybe 25 trips to the US since say 2000 (since late 20's), I have been asked three times for ID. And never in Disney.
One was at TGI Friday's at the bottom of Formosa about 10 years ago. I didn't have it and when I said 'You are joking' he sold it to me anyway.
One was in a restaurant in Tennessee, basically because the law is everyone should be asked. You can't even buy wine in a supermarket there. Again I had no ID and they obliged anyway.
Once was last year near Hershey at a supermarket. Supermarkets were until recently not even allowed to sell beer there. So the workaround is you pick your beer up and go to a 'restaurant' which is a counter at the end of the beer isle with a bar stool and a packet of crisps. Here you buy your beer, having being ID'd and they put a sticker on it saying you have paid. All rather farcical and when the young girl asked me for my ID we both started laughing.
Walmart have sold me dozens and dozens of packs of beer and wine with the kids in tow over 15 years. They don't refuse to sell to adults with kids, unless I suppose they have very good reason to think you are buying for kids.
So in summary, Disney may be strict, and heed the warnings, but that is in my experience only for those who look young, which is how it should be. Asking 50-year-olds for ID is farcical.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

As other's have said already, just not worth the risk.
Mrs ABZDisney was asked for ID a few years ago at the Boardwalk margarita stand & we were both 45 at the time, she looked (And still does) significantly younger than her actual age but still obviously older than 21.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was 44 when I was asked for ID when I wanted to purchase a cocktail at Ohana, must admit I was a little taken aback at the time, but unless I could produce ID I wasn't getting that cocktail!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Looking to take dd to Disney next month,
She 20, 21 in April and likes a drink
How strict are they in the parks
Can she have a glass of wine at Epcot food and wine?
The legal drinking age in Florida is 21. That's all you (and her) should need to know.

It doesn't matter how strict or not they are. It's not about the risk of getting caught or not. If she's under 21 then legally she's not allowed to drink whilst over there.

Hopefully, she wouldn't want to break the law whilst over there nor would she ask you to break the law on her behalf by illegally buying her a drink.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
squibbon
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I hope I get ID'd. It's been a long ,long time!
Will have to watch out as I often give one of the kids a drink to carry.
squibbon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

As everyone else has said, not a chance. I was in California with my mum in 2003 having a posh steak dinner, but I was 2 weeks off being 21, both of us had a Diet Coke with our dinner.

In another story, my brother was travelling round the States in 2003, on a 9 week tour. The group he was with stopped at a Gas station in Texas and wanted to buy some beer, but the garage didn’t accept his BRITISH passport as ID, so the whole minibus was not allowed to make any alcoholic purchases.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
She'll probably be OK to buy a high-powered automatic firearm though.

Swings and roundabouts...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
She'll probably be OK to buy a high-powered automatic firearm though.

Swings and roundabouts...
This is what I don’t get. You can buy a firearm in some states at 14 but the whole family will get arrested if you allow the same 14 year old to hold a beer! 😬

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List