Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Sep 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The stitch ride! I am not sure if it’s shut for good or seasonally but it’s just awful. It’s a big space in a prime spot so just a waste.
Stitch was much better when it was alien encounter. Loved that..Stitch is awful
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Disney havent confirmed the closing date for Spaceship Earth as of yet.
But i agree, it does need an upgrade. Hopefully the upgrade theyre planning will be great.

I love figment, but yeah. Thats a ride that seriously needs upgrading.

Test track - i hate what they did to it. Put it back the old way or change it completely.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Billy Beatnik View Post
Test Track (the last update spoilt it)
I haven't been on the new version, but I loved the old one. From what I have seen of the changes (online videos), it seems less of an experience, now, somehow.

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We love carousel of progress and I think not being updated is part of its charm. Although I’d like them to change the last scene and move it back in time to the 60s as it’s doesn’t really work. ...

...But we like the classics.
I agree about C of P.

I think the classics should be valued and maintained. Not every attraction needs to be a shiny, new thrill ride. That would take Disney in the direction of being a more generic theme park. The classics are a big part of what made/makes Disney unique. Shame they forgot that when removing so many classics (attractions and, even, stores) from HS.

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
#PrayForFigment

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Have to disagree with several of those. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Speedway should be left alone for all time unless they need fixing. Classic Disney that doesn’t need touching.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Magic kingdom - Pirates needs gutting and totally re-developing. Obviously the speedway needs a change. Jungle cruise needs demolishing and replacing - maybe with a (relatively) tame river rapid ride. Theme it to an expedition into the amazon or something.
No 'obviously' about it!

Completely replacing Jungle Cruise to a rapids ride is a good example of what I meant about removing the individuality of Disney and making it a more run-of-the-mill theme park.

That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy a few rapids on JC as part of its current, unique theme, but it's very much a family ride and family rides are the heart of MK. Many other theme parks are more of a mix of thrill rides and rides for younger kids, without much in-between.

Long live the classic Disney attractions and, especially, the family-focus of MK!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 03:25 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fimble View Post
Wasn't Pirates of the Caribbean already updated to be more politically correct about 2/3 years ago?
Yes! Didn’t they used to auction off the women at one point

Plus they’ve added jack sparrow
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
Test track - i hate what they did to it. Put it back the old way or change it completely.
What have they done to it?
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

The monorails. Scrap and replace already. They are increasingly unreliable, at times unsafe and years past their intended service lives.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
What have they done to it?
When they updated it from being an actual "test track" where you were a crash test dummy.
To the awful Chevron thing they have now

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

When they updated it from being an actual "test track" where you were a crash test dummy.
Oh I never did the previous one. I enjoy the chevron one, so the last one must have been really good!
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

What do you mean by being a crash test dummy? What was different with the actual ride? I am not too bothered about the indoors bit or building your own car, I like the outdoor bit.

Anyway to the original question, I think Soarin’ is most in need of a revamp, it is an embarrassment if you compare to say FoP. Second would be Dinosaur, it is two minutes of being bumped about for no apparent reason, I am sure something better could be done with the space and dinosaur theme.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List