Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Oct 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Who’s saved for 2020 but is feeling disappointed with the closures.

Hi all. We’ve been saving for 3 years and it will be 4 by the time Aug 2020 comes round.

Over the last few months really starting to feel a bit disappointed and fed up with the closures so they can rebuild for 2021.

It’s a big ask for us to save for this and worried we won’t get that holiday of a life time feeling.

Anyone else feel like this and have any of you cancelled to rebook for 2021.

Epcot seems to be closing and boarding up most of it.

Tron is new I know but the building site visible.

What are your thoughts peeps.

EDIT**************

Original Poster here,

sorry for any confusion and upset i may have caused.

I don't think i explained myself enough as some answers were not what i expected and some were.

I didnt really mean to focus on the rides

It was also about the feel that entrances are under construction, walkways are boarded up.

Its that theme and magic that we are all looking for.

I dont know all the detail about the exact condition of the parks and walkways etc but just the general feeling (for me anyway) that there is a lot under construction.

Some of the replies have made me see the more positive side for thanks for that.

Enjoy your holidays Dibbers
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again

Edited at 08:06 AM.
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaz007
Trainee Dibber

We’re going next year ... what closures have been announced?

I’m certainly excited to be going back!
Kaz007 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I honestly don't think it's that bad; many of the closures in Epcot are not rides as such.
I think you'll have a fantastic holiday regardless. We are going back in 2020, having been this year. I've considered waiting until 2021 (or 2022) for all the new rides to open, but ultimately there will always be some rides closed for refurbishment and there will always be some new rides getting built. On that basis, we shouldn't have gone in 2019 but waited for Star Wars to open in 2020, for example. I don't think anyone's trip depends on that one ride or another. For us WDW really was bigger than the sum of its parts.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

So how will a park be expanded and updated if they dont close something to allow this to happen.

It's only a few shops at epcot and a slight change with meets that are closing I think.

If it bothers you that much dont go to epcot
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What’s closing?

After coming back and booking the next holiday as soon as we got back the last few years I’ve already booked next year. However with no dining plan over October half term when we’ve been going I’ve booked off site for the first time.

With price rises I’m expecting and looking forward to doing a bit less Disney and a bit more Florida. If there are significant closures it may be even less. With a 6 year old Epcot’s not our favourite park anyway so wouldn’t be too bothered if skipped it entirely and got an extra day to do something else.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think any rides are closed in 2020? The Runaway Railroad is opening and a few new restaurants, the second ride in Star Wars opens at the end of this year too. There are lots of new things happening in WDW next year. I’m hoping for smaller crowds as people wait for the big birthday stuff the year after. As fun as that will be, I’m sure it’s going to be heaving in 2021 and not nearly as much fun to actually be there as to watch it on YouTube 😂
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

There is always going to be construction somewhere in the parks. Apart for the usual annual maintained closures only spaceship earth likely to be on long term closure for its update. There is more new stuff being added in 2020 than closed-

Rise of the Rististance (HS) Dec 19
Mickeys runaway railway (HS)
Ratatouille (Epcot)
HarmoniUS (Epcot)
Ice Breaker (Seaworld)
Iron Gwazi (Busch gardens)
Terminator replacement (Universal)

Plus not to mention all the new stuff that’s opened over the past 3 years.

In reality apart from areas around the middle of future world at Epcot very little is boarded up.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There isn’t much logic to this really. Over the last few years Disney have opened multiple new rides. Three new lands in AK and DHS; a significantly expanded Fantasyland in MK; transformed Downtown Disney into Disney Springs and expanded their transport network (yes, I know, Skyliner accident... ). I am also disappointed at the mess Epcot will look while they remodel it, but without this work nothing would ever change. Spaceship Earth will be closed and Ellen gone. Did you ride Ellen anyway?! I did actually but am more excited about its replacement. Epcot will also have Ratatouille in 2020. So while construction isn’t pretty it’s necessary to keep us all keeping visiting. I think we’ve all gained more than is lost. It was actually much worse when DHS shut so much before they had rebuilt IMO. That was a bad year. The Epcot changes will be more visual than anything else IMO.
Old 8 Oct 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cptfrancium
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
Hi all. We’ve been saving for 3 years and it will be 4 by the time Aug 2020 comes round.

Over the last few months really starting to feel a bit disappointed and fed up with the closures so they can rebuild for 2021.

It’s a big ask for us to save for this and worried we won’t get that holiday of a life time feeling.

Anyone else feel like this and have any of you cancelled to rebook for 2021.

Epcot seems to be closing and boarding up most of it.

Tron is new I know but the building site visible.

What are your thoughts peeps.

Our first trip was in a January when they tend to ramp up maintenance and such like for the low season - we thought it would be once in a lifetime at that point too.
We came away totally in love and didn’t manage to do all of the things that WERE open never mind missing out on the closed things.
Don’t stress you’ll have a great time.
Cptfrancium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Hardly anything has been announced as being closed for next year so not sure what the issue is. Epcot will have construction but most of it won’t be affected.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List