Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Oct 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

This topic comes up every couple of weeks, if it doesn't have it's sparkle after 13 trips, or its getting way expensive, just stop going.
There's a big world out there to see with new experiences.
Anywhere will loose it's sparkle if you keep going to the same place, doing the same things...
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We felt like this after this year’s visit - it was our 8th visit to WDW, and it really hit home the cost of everything. I think it was magnified having the DDP for part of the holiday - between 4 of us we “spent” over $1900 on food and drink in 5 days - the TS meals in particular were eye watering - $300 for a dinner buffet for 4. Once we’d completed our onsite stay, we only went back to the parks twice - despite having 21 day tickets. We truly lost the Disney sparkle. Having said that, we’ll still go back to the parks next year, but will be more mindful about what we buy when in the parks.
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

was just reading another post about issues with crowds & for us this was why it wasn't magical ,if you put too many people having paid $$$$ & expecting to have an amazing time in a confined place with massive queues it obviously has the effect of generating a lot of bad feeling & stress. I imagine more people would feel it was worth it if they reduced park capacity, whereas Disney are probably thinking if they raise prices to X amount that will reduce capacity, so they have no need to improve the visitor experience. I think its harder to slow down & appreciate the details in this sort of situation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney don’t make those profits from the parks , they make it from the films etc . And cuts happen in any business . Disney often replace them with other things like guardians of the galaxy , ratatouille, Mary popping ride, 50th celebrations the list goes on , things change . They put the prices up ( as they said they would to control crowds ...no secret at all) but people don’t like it . They really can’t win can they . Perhaps try a different Disney park for your fix
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Disney don’t make those profits from the parks , they make it from the films etc . And cuts happen in any business . Disney often replace them with other things like guardians of the galaxy , ratatouille, Mary popping ride, 50th celebrations the list goes on , things change . They put the prices up ( as they said they would to control crowds ...no secret at all) but people don’t like it . They really can’t win can they . Perhaps try a different Disney park for your fix
I am sorry but you happen to be wrong

For the 2018 fiscal year, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts had an operating profit of $4.5 billion, an increase of more than 100 percent from five years earlier. For comparison, Disney Media Networks, home to ESPN and ABC, had a profit of $6.6 billion, a 3 percent decline.
nytimes/interactive/...eme-parks.html

Disney parks are making massive amounts of money (admittedly I would assume that includes Park merc and food sales)

That said Disney are putting massive amounts of investment into new lands and I do suspect a new park is on the close horizon (I'm expecting to mark their 5th decade they will announce a 5th park)

but lets not fool ourselves Disney don't operate for the greater good of mankind they are here to make money and the rate their doing it is nothing short of impressive!
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post

Disney parks are making massive amounts of money (admittedly I would assume that includes Park merc and food sales)

That said Disney are putting massive amounts of investment into new lands and I do suspect a new park is on the close horizon (I'm expecting to mark their 5th decade they will announce a 5th park)

but lets not fool ourselves Disney don't operate for the greater good of mankind they are here to make money and the rate their doing it is nothing short of impressive!
I was going to post similar a short while ago, but I'm pretty sure @Mexy02 meant:

"Disney don’t make ALL those profits from the parks , they make it from the films etc "

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post

Yes my point as you have clearly shown is Disney do not make 12 billion off the parks alone !
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I was going to post similar a short while ago, but I'm pretty sure @Mexy02 meant:

"Disney don’t make ALL those profits from the parks , they make it from the films etc "
Exactly bozza 👍🏼 Disney have big fingers in big pies and why not so would I , it’s not a charity it’s a business that’s very well run .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

I want to see rivers of light next year and I think that maybe our last time
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Multinational conglomerate makes large amounts of money, continues to make people pay money for products, more at 10.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List