Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Disney Five do Florida for the first time Day 2

Previous day here

Day 2 animal kingdom
Up around 5:30 again god knows how seen as I double dosed on melatonin last night. Showered and dressed in our animal kingdom appropriate clothing ( has to be done doesn’t it) . We have to theme our clothing ha ha. Decided to walk over to old port royale for a coffee I took the youngest with me and we wandered over , I still can’t get over just how beautiful this resort was everywhere you look it’s just amazing and I was just so happy not a care in the world.

We decided to drive today and we got parked in dinosaur , took a pic of this ( thanks dibbers) and headed in to animal kingdom. The weather was a bit grey looking but it was still so hot. Wow animal kingdom is just stunning we had some photopass pics at the entry.

and of course the tree of life

We were here early for extra magic hours and we had planned to do Naavi river journey during this time we stopped by the drummers and the kids enjoyed watching this and joining in. We managed to walk straight on to Naavi with everyone else it seemed heading for Pandora. We had a fast pass for later in the day for Pandora so didn’t need to rush to it first thing. Wow Naavi was such a beautiful ride the detail was just incredible and we really enjoyed it. We spent the next 30 mins exploring Pandora and taking in all the detail before our first fast pass.

Kilimanjaro safaris was our first fast pass and we did this early on as the advice given on here was the animals were more active then due to it being cooler. We saw loads and the kids were totally enthralled by it all. Next up was Everest so we took a walk over there and it just started to rain a little bit. By the time we were at the front of the it was a little heavier, well we got on and the heavens opened, we were literally soaked to the bone not a pleasant experience riding that ride in that rain, the raindrops actually hurt and our youngest Scarlett absolutely hated it so I was holding on to her all the way round. I didn’t really realise how fast this ride was and now think I may have scarred her for life ha ha.

We had a bit of time to kill before our next fast pass so we headed over to yak and yeti for something to eat. This was lovely and I had the chicken fried rice as a snack, great use of a snack credit, kids chicken tenders and Darren had some sort of burger .

next up was dinosaur we loved this ride really great ride

we had some lovely pictures taken again, the photopass was so good would def recommend it.

We headed back over to Pandora via starbucks for Frappuccino’s. Then we decided to try some snacks in Pandora we got the night blossom each which was really lovely and a vein pod which was gorgeous we really enjoyed this we shared it between 5 of us and it was surprisingly enough. They are really big again all snack credits.

Now for what we had all been waiting so long for flight of passage. We have deliberately skipped any spoliers for this since the ride opened so with just a little bit of an idea of what it was we were so excited. Wow it didn’t disappoint I almost cried when we got off and I never cry. It was truly the most amazing ride experience I have ever had the kids were all cheering and laughing we all love it so much. It was about 4:30 by this point and we had decided to head over to Epcot for the evening , we were quite tired by now and hadn’t planned to do much but just take it all in and see what fast passes we could get.

We drove to Epcot and headed straight to spaceship earth as it was practically a walk on. This was a nice welcome sit down in the air con ( I think I almost fell asleep at one point.) We had a wander round looking in some shops and the youngest was really flagging and had a bit of a tantrum, ten minutes later and a good talking to she was fine again.
We managed to bag a fast pass for little mermaid but I don’t think it was that busy anyway the kids enjoyed this one and we did too. We noticed soarin was basically a walk on so we decided to do this. We really enjoyed this ride but I think we should have done it before Pandora as it felt like the poor mans version ( sorry sorry I know) saying that it was still a great ride and we all really enjoyed it.
We decided to have just a little look and have some pictures taken

We then looked around the pavilion and I think we made it to Mexico before we were just too tired and the fireworks were about to start we got quite a good view to say we had arrived last minute. I liked these fireworks but I can’t say I was overly impressed not sure if it was the tiredness kicking in but I didn’t enjoy them all that much. ( I think it was this but I would never find out as I didn’t get to see them again ) more on that later.
Quick picture on the way out and home to bed

Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What a great day 2 - you are certainly great at packing plenty into your day! Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
What a great day 2 - you are certainly great at packing plenty into your day! Looking forward to the rest of your report.
We certainly did , with us thinking this would be a one off we tried to do as much, but now we have the bug we will definitely be back but at a much slower pace next time , still we did really enjoy ourselves
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another great day

Joan
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

You've absolutely smashed the first two days. Will be following along.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Fantastic.Enjoying your report. You have packed a lot into the first couple of days.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fun packed day... the girls are doing so well! Thanks for sharing
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
thanks so much for all your lovely comments , will hopefully have some more up this afternoon.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Another great and long day. That last picture if you all in Epcot is lovely- you are clearly all happy after a full day!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Another great and long day. That last picture if you all in Epcot is lovely- you are clearly all happy after a full day!
we definitely flagged at points, but the kids did super well
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23