Notices

Old 11 Jul 08, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post

The day before am

Cast members,

Claire ...21 Disney obsessive
Danielle... 12 wonderful daughter

The reason for this meet?

to save valuable dibb time and space from all our constant chat and to watch all of teresas dvds from her fun filled emotion pact 07 trip!

Ok, so as all exciting things go, they always start with something to drag the time out….work.

I guess I am fortunate to not start until 10, so time to get an overnight bag ready!

And prepare the rest of the house to cope with out me!

At some point today I will need to go shopping for treats, as I feel it is only right not to turn up empty handed at Teresa’s , especially as she is being so kind as to let us stay with her and her family.

The reason for the late departure on my behalf, is that my eldest daughter , Hannah has been away all week on a school trip to Strasbourg and Paris, and with her return being this evening, I felt it was un fair to not meet her and at least spend some time with her before I go for some Disney madness.

So, yes, I shall be sulking for my lateness to the meet of the 2 great dibb friends that I have made!

My plans for today are to do all my weekend chores when I finish work and to load the car up so I can leave asap on sat morning!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 08, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

sorry you have had such a bad week DB but it sounds like you all have a fab weekend planned, i look forward to reading about how it all went, and enjoy your kitchen sink
Old 11 Jul 08, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear about your bad week DB!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend... look forward to the pictures!

Kx
Old 11 Jul 08, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
A little pre trippie for you :-

At last this weekend has arrived and Jodie and Claire (with DD Danielle) are coming down to stay for a weekend of Disney.

I've had an awful week so i am so looking forward to seeing them.

Last Friday i went to the hospital about some problems i have had and found out on top of everything else i knew was wrong i have fibroids (one of which is the size of a grapefruit) and i have to have a hysterectomy.I now face 3 months of tests before they decide what to do and when.My first appointment is next Wednesday.

Then on Sunday DS was chatting to his 'girlfriend' (they are only 12 and 13) on MSN when she told him she had taken an overdose.She told him not to tell anyone but he showed me the message straight away.Her Mum was at work so i had to run round and call the ambulance while DS ran to get her Mum from work.She is ok and home now but the shock off it all is still effecting me and DS and i haven't slept well all week.

Tuesday morning we woke up to find the hamster had died and i had to bury her that evening.

On top of all that the ex announced he was engaged and getting married in Sri Lanka next year.

So all in all i think i deserve to let my hair down this weekend!

Jodie is arriving by train on Friday evening so we will grab fish and chips on the way home and Claire says we can't sat anything or do anything until she arrives on Saturday as she is driving down from Weston Super Mare.(and is worried about crossing the scary ferry)

We are going to spend the weekend talking Disney and watching each others holidays videos and looking at photos.

I know it's a bit of a habit of mine inviting strangers to my house which is why i'm telling you all now just in case I've met so many Dibbers and had them to stay over the past few years!

We are also going to make our own 'Kitchen Sink' on Saturday so i will post a few pics before we eat it!

Have a safe journey both of you, i can't wait to see you!
NOOOOO run for the hills that claire is ccccrrrraaaazzzzyyyy get away quick ONLY JOKING ! shes a real sweety have a great time time want to hear all about it when you get back
Old 11 Jul 08, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by claireemmalouis View Post
The day before am

Cast members,

Claire ...21 Disney obsessive
Danielle... 12 wonderful daughter

The reason for this meet?

to save valuable dibb time and space from all our constant chat and to watch all of teresas dvds from her fun filled emotion pact 07 trip!

Ok, so as all exciting things go, they always start with something to drag the time out….work.

I guess I am fortunate to not start until 10, so time to get an overnight bag ready!

And prepare the rest of the house to cope with out me!

At some point today I will need to go shopping for treats, as I feel it is only right not to turn up empty handed at Teresa’s , especially as she is being so kind as to let us stay with her and her family.

The reason for the late departure on my behalf, is that my eldest daughter , Hannah has been away all week on a school trip to Strasbourg and Paris, and with her return being this evening, I felt it was un fair to not meet her and at least spend some time with her before I go for some Disney madness.

So, yes, I shall be sulking for my lateness to the meet of the 2 great dibb friends that I have made!

My plans for today are to do all my weekend chores when I finish work and to load the car up so I can leave asap on sat morning!
Claire 21? sums dont work dd12 is your youngest so how old were you when you had Hannah? mind you if it means that im younger we can keep to it
Old 11 Jul 08, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Hullo Folks!

I've been here for a while now, Claire I promise we havn't spoken at all! ~ Well, maybe a little bit

Jodie
Old 11 Jul 08, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

is your derrier still numb from sitting on the train so slong? have a good weekend will be thinking of u all whilst me n dan have our meal at akbars 2mora night
Old 11 Jul 08, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Jodie says she doesn't care cos she's having a kitchen sink!

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Well, after a very brief appearance at work I left at 11am and drove home as fast as the speed limit’s allowed, grabbed my stuff and set off.

The bus came promptly

and there was almost no traffic into town to I arrived at Leeds train station an hour early, I found the platform I needed, this is a must, Leeds is a massive train station and it can take 15-20 minutes to get from the entrance to your platform, especially if the escalator is down and you have to lug you overnight bag, food, wine and laptop up a flight of stairs!

I quickly got bored of waiting

so carrying my very heavy bags I set about finding a loo and a latte.

Both of these objectives were met quickly, I’m on a roll today! I returned to -platform 11a and waited. And waited. And waited. The train arrived bang on-time, thank god, and I jumped on as quickly as someone carrying twice their own bodyweight in crisps and wine can jump

After turfing a business man out of my reserved seat I sat down backwards. I hate travelling backwards but I did have seat on the apparently very popular Glasgow to Penzance cross country train.

After an hour or so somebody left a ‘non-reserved’ forward facing seat so I swapped and all was well in the world of Jodie’s motion sickness!

The journey down was bad at all, at times the train was heaving but after Exeter people dwindles quickly and I was able stretch my legs a bit. Hey, I might be short but my legs still need a stretch every now and then!

I was planning on reading my Harry Potter book (again) but been very nosy I settled for watching the world around me. I chatted to a lovely eldery Scottish couple who were travelling from Glasgow to Bristol, I ‘kept and eye on’ a fella’s laptop while he pee’d and then looked disgruntled at a man who wasn’t aware of the concept of ‘quite coach’ and truly believed the day would be ruined if everyone on the train, not just our coach, wasn’t listening to his mp3 player with him.

Every so often I would send or receive a text from Teresa and Claire, ‘On train now’, ‘3 hours to go’, ‘Just passed a field’, you know, letting them know all the important stuff.

When the train was slowing to pull into Plymouth Claire, as promised rang me to check if I was nervous but surprisingly I wasn’t, Teresa knew I was at the front of the train and I saw her and the kids as the train slowed,

When it stopped I jumped of the train and headed towards her and they to me, it was like meeting a friend you hadn’t seen in a while. No nerves just big smiles and hugs and we were on our way.
Old 12 Jul 08, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

Hey guys

This is fantastic, please keep it up, its like being there myself. Love the pictures..
I am looking forward to seeing the 'Kitchen Sink'
Have a super weekend.
Ilovesnowwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List