Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 09, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
as far as the disney nut goes , I hold my hand up lol,... she likes pop music and criticises a hard rockin guitar player like me lol

here is a link to the other dc in case you are not familiar with it
amazon/Disneys-Fair.../dp/B000MV91R0

you can also listen to samples there too

cheers
Thanks for that - I absolutely love wish upon a star!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Thanks for that - I absolutely love wish upon a star!
if you want that track pm me and I'll send you it

Edited at 12:27 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

It's great fun all this wedding planning & talk isn't it?

Those bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous i love your favourite & A17

Hope you find something both of your bridesmaids are comfortable in, it would be really good if they do end up liking the same dress

I love the idea of a white dress with silver sash for Jessica will look really pretty.
Though that dress you have got is gorgeous but at least as you say if you do change your mind it won't go to waste

For bridesmaids dress i have been thinking something in the style of the one you like that you posted actually, im having 3 bridesmaids my 2 best friends who happen to be twins so they will go perfectly matched and my younger sister who is completely opposite but i would like all 3 to wear the same dress.
As for my dress, i will post a picture at the end of this post of my dream one which i think will be the dress. It's by Maggie Sotterro, im thinking of going to order it soon in the new year as im worried if i leave nearer the time (say this time next year) it won't be avaliable and i'd be gutted not to be able to get the dress i dreamed about since before i was even engaged.

Get out the room Chris, i want to see a picture of your dress

Thanks for the invites link, i want to at least get save the dates sent out soon because obviously with the wedding being in florida i want to give people plenty of time to save and i havent found anything yet for a reasonable price that i really like.

Can't wait to see the website when you've finished it.

I love talking weddings too, so chat away

Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
OMG OMG OMG! Sarah! think we may have been separated at birth!

Thats my dress!

I adore Maggie dresses and alomost everyone I picked out was a Maggie dress

My 'dream dress' was a Sottero and Midelgly one, I found it in a magazine and chose to go to a dress shop in Chester as they were stockists of sottero and Midgley.

I tried a maggie dress on first (the one I chose in the end - your piccie! ) but I couldn't get the sottero and midgeley dress out of my mind so the lady in the shop said she would order it especially for me but then it turned out they had it anyway.

I tried it on - and it was beautiful but I didn't love it anywhere near as much as the one I chose! Just shows you - you need to try loads on! I will find a piccie of my 'original' dream dress so you can see what I mean!

I'm exactly like you - I was terrified they would discontinue 'my dress'! so I wanted to go buying asap - so I did! lol!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

OMG OMG!

I can't believe we have picked the same dress how strange, ok not strange it's a gorgeous dress i can't believe it though

It was that dress that made me decide i want white & silver involved alot for my colours and really have lots of crystal type things because i just love the sparkle of the dress. I saw a picture of it at the beginning of this year and have had it saved on my computer since hoping one day Darren would propose and i'd get to wear it, thankfully he did in september and i knew that i just needed to find the dress unfortunately i havent had much luck and can't find a shop that stocks it but i did phone a couple today who will order it in for me to try on for around £40-£50

Most of the dresses that i've picked that I like are Maggie dresses too, they are gorgeous.

If you don't mind me asking how much have you paid for it? one shop today quoted me just over £1100

Edited at 12:51 AM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I know! couldn't beleive it when i saw your piccie but as you say, it's a beautiful dress!

I don't mind at all - I bought my dress for £899 - I wonder if the price increase is cos you're in/near London?

may even be worth you paying the train fare up North rather than the bridal shop charging you £40-50 to order it.

Don't get me wrong - I adore the dress, but I also know how much I 'had to have' the dress in the magazine until I tried it on!

Was gonna add it to my thread anyway - this is where I bought my dress Here

Make sure you keep me updated with your plans too!

Colette
Old 19 Nov 09, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
I know! couldn't beleive it when i saw your piccie but as you say, it's a beautiful dress!

I don't mind at all - I bought my dress for £899 - I wonder if the price increase is cos you're in/near London?

may even be worth you paying the train fare up North rather than the bridal shop charging you £40-50 to order it.

Don't get me wrong - I adore the dress, but I also know how much I 'had to have' the dress in the magazine until I tried it on!

Was gonna add it to my thread anyway - this is where I bought my dress Here

Make sure you keep me updated with your plans too!

ooh i will have to do some more ringning around abit out of London, may even try some Bridal shops near Cardiff where my bridesmaids live see if i can get it nearer the price you paid. It's rubbish things cost more just because i live in London.

The shop you have got yours from looks lovely.

I have started a planning journal on another Disney site maybe i will post it here too, just don't want people thinking im crazy planning so far in advance
Old 19 Nov 09, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
ooh i will have to do some more ringning around abit out of London, may even try some Bridal shops near Cardiff where my bridesmaids live see if i can get it nearer the price you paid. It's rubbish things cost more just because i live in London.

The shop you have got yours from looks lovely.

I have started a planning journal on another Disney site maybe i will post it here too, just don't want people thinking im crazy planning so far in advance
Sounds like a good idea! you should definately post here - don't worry what people think, Weddings take sooooooo much planning you can never start too soon!

Colette
Old 19 Nov 09, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Ooooo how exciting! I'm loving all your plans and your venue is amazing!

I am getting married next November on the Disney Wonder so I will watch your thread with interest.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 09, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Anything else to share with us? i want to hear more of your ideas/plans
Closed Thread