Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 10, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thought you said you wernt organised ! We are also gong in november but not until the 18th...Im hoping the weathers going to be nice for us all this year ...Bet your dreading the flight with 4 kids...ours will be bad enough just me and dh

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 10, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Helen uk View Post
Thought you said you wernt organised ! We are also gong in november but not until the 18th...Im hoping the weathers going to be nice for us all this year ...Bet your dreading the flight with 4 kids...ours will be bad enough just me and dh
The flight..errmm what flight?... lol were teleporting... I was a little worried about 4 children on the flight, all who have never flown before, but it was stressing me out too much, so i am now just going with the flow.. DD13 is fine, nothing to worry about there, DS12 is scared of everything to do with flying. We are takiing him on an internal flight next month to show him theres nothing to worry about, and the GP had said he can have something to stop the anxiety. The two little ones are as excited as me, so no worries there. Entertaining them, should be fine, there all very well behaved children, DS4 can be a little highly strung at times, but hopefully we will have plently to keep him occupied throughout. xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 10, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Just remember over half the flight will be children.
Used to travel with 5 of them in tow. Despite what they could be like, have to say, they were all little angels on the flight. Or should that have been, 'should have been angels'
Seriously, they were excited about the trip, were allowed to watch tv for 9hrs, I took little games etc and oh yes, not forgetting the all important sandwiches incase they didn't like the plane food
Eat all their flight meals and the packed lunch
Would wear them out on last day, so they slept most of the way home.
Old 16 Feb 10, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The Woods Wonderful Holiday to WDW Nov 2010 Pre-Trip

Part 5 – I’m keeping it coming
- 259 days to go

Hi all, had another busy few days, don’t you just love this planning stage. Not going to know what to do when it’s all sorted… erm DH says start the next one

I have bought all of Brandan and Charlotte’s summer clothes; there is only Beth a few things to get out of the children now. I am surprised just how cheap NEXT is at the moment. Me and DH will get ours when we loose some more weight, well hoping to loose.

I spoke to a nice lady at Attraction Tickets Direct and managed to book our Universal tickets. We opted for the 2-park bonus ticket, and paid a deposit of £49.00. The balance won’t need to be paid until 6 weeks before, so that was quite good.

I am busy saving in a money tin for little extras, as you all know they soon fill up. However, as I don’t like surprises, I opened it the other day, as I was curious to how much we had in it. Well after just 2 months there was the nice sum of £158. I can’t believe how quick it mounts up. Well off to pound land I went and bought another tin. This time I am hoping I keep it closed…

Also on the issue of money, I am sticking to the £20 pw top up on Fairfx. You don’t miss that amount and It will soon amount into extra holiday spends.

I saw a thread on here with regards to ADR’s and the 180+10 window. I know I didn’t have a 12-digit reservation number so I emailed WDW.DRC.WDTC.UK@disney.com they replied within a few hours with this, so now when the 180 window comes around I won’t have any issues.

Another tip from the Dibb was regarding the Disney Passporter. You can have email sent you from Amazon when the product becomes available. I know there are a few of you that have them on here, and they look fantastic. A quick quote from Amazon “This is the original guidebook dedicated to the magic and wonder of Disney cruising, with everything you need to know on board and in port, including maps, deck plans, photos, and worksheets. With four major theme parks and 20 hotels packed into 47 square miles, planning a trip to Disney World can be a daunting task. This indispensable travel planner simplifies the process, keeping travelers on schedule, within budget, and ready for fun. Each of the four major parks - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom - gets an in-depth layout, complete with full-color fold-out maps and a description of every ride and attraction. Exhaustive profiles of Disney-owned resort hotels feature detailed maps, color photos, and room layouts. The guide also covers all of the park's 300+ dining options. A concise, up-to-date review with average meal cost is provided for each venue, from full-service restaurants to counter-service eateries. Fourteen handy organizer pockets store maps, passes, receipts, itineraries, notes and to-do lists.” The website link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/PassPorters-...Q4R5AEQMHJNDGZ
So as my list of things done and to do grows and diminishes I get a little more excited each day.

Things already sorted
Old Key West Resort
Disney 14 day ultimate tickets
Universal 2 Park Bonus Tickets
Disney Dinning Plan
Flights
Nick’s Passport
Hilton (night before travel)
12-digit reservation number

Things still to sort out
Passports
Esta
Holiday Insurance
Magical Express – Mentioned we wanted it during order, not sure if we need to do anything else when the flights are booked.
Train to and from Airport
ADR’s 7th May can start
Prescription and medical letter

If you would like to see our itinerary, here it is http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/planner_view.php?p=7371

Thanks for taking time to read my Pre-trip report

More to come soon xx

Part 6 here

Edited at 09:44 AM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh how I love reading about peoples plans! And yours is no exception !

Can't wait to read your updates! (I've subscribed to the thread just in case I forget! )

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 10, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Lesley, its my pleasure, i am glad i am holding yours and others attention. I am enjoying it all a bit too much , no one else gets on the PC...lol xx
Old 28 Feb 10, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The Woods Wonderful Holiday to WDW Nov 2010 Pre-Trip

Part 6 – Another small progress update
- 248 days to go

Hi all, the planning as been continuing slowly over the past week or so. At the moment everything appears to just be falling into place, so its just save, save, save…

Beth celebrated her 14th Birthday this week and i could'nt believe that she wanted to put all her birthday money into her Florida tin, £140. I am just glad we got her all presents, at least that way she saw something. We went off to Frankie and Bennys for tea, which was quite nice. I struggled to eat a starter and main, and so did Brandan. I did mention to him, can you wait to eat loads of food when we go to florida, and he just shock his head...

I printed off Disney dollar envelopes for our four children, all choose one design and I printed them 14 each. I also did the mouse keeping envelopes, so another job completed. I am hoping to have the tips in the mouse keeping envelopes before we go, if I can manage to get some small dominations of dollars before we go.

We have also had some good news on the DH’s driving licence. He has been given a three-year medical licence, so we can hire a car for part of our holiday. It will make the Universal attractions so much easier. Our plan is to hire for the last week, collecting from WDW, we are very excited at this.

More things sorted for DH were that his passport arrived super quick, and we did his ESTA application. We did it earlier with regards to his bipolar condition, in case he needed to apply for a visa, but all good, it went straight through.

I have this week sorted everything out for my passport, so there are just the children’s to get now, which is a big weight and expense sorted. Not sure what you all think, but the cost today is quite high, especially when you have six to buy.
Things already sorted
Old Key West Resort
Disney 14 day ultimate tickets
Universal 2 Park Bonus Tickets
Disney Dinning Plan
Flights
Nick’s Passport
Nick’s ESTA Application
Hilton (night before travel)
12-digit reservation number

Things still to sort out
Passports
Esta
Holiday Insurance
Magical Express – Mentioned we wanted it during order, not sure if we need to do anything else when the flights are booked.
Train to and from Airport
ADR’s 7th May can start
Prescription and medical letter
Car Hire

I have had another play around with the places we want to eat at, and have come up with,
Characters
Cinderella’s royal table
Chef Mickey’s
Crystal Palace
Playhouse Disney, Hollywood and Vine
Tusker house
Hard Rock Café
Chefs de France
50’s Prime time café
Le Cellier
Sci Fi diner
California Grill
Whispering Canyon
Maragaritaville
Planet Hollywood
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co

We have tried to accommodate all of our children; we would like to make sure they each experience their favourite characters. Not too sure about a 12 and 14 year old with the playhouse Disney ones, but I guess they will be fine…

Thanks for taking time to read my Pre-trip report

More to come soon xx

Part 7 here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108060.jpg
Views:	2137
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	21307   Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108012.jpg
Views:	2153
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	21308   Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108028.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	21309   Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108026.jpg
Views:	2148
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	21310   Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108020.jpg
Views:	2152
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	21311  

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Old 7 Mar 10, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Hi Sarah

I am enjoying your updates its nice to know I am not the only one obsessed with planning for Disney.

Could you tell me where you found the Disney Envelopes?

Thanks.

Katie
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 10, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tink3 View Post
Hi Sarah

I am enjoying your updates its nice to know I am not the only one obsessed with planning for Disney.

Could you tell me where you found the Disney Envelopes?

Thanks.

Katie
Hi Katie, i got them off here on the Dibb, heres the link to save you searching http://www.thedibb.co.uk/mousekeeping-envelopes.php

I love doing this pre-trip on going thingy...lol glad people are reading it, makes it all worth while.

Sarah xx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf disneydollarenvelopes.pdf (2.94 MB, 95 views)
Old 7 Mar 10, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Luvin all your up-dates Sarah sounds like its a well deserved holiday !
Keep em coming

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread