Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 10, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alyson View Post
You look AMAZING, your dress is beautiful! Congratulations
Thank you so much
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - Wedding Day part 3

Day 8 - part 3

I left you at the point where everyone was just about ready to go. The next step was to go out to the parking lot, where I saw the limo and the Model A Ford for the first time. My dad was well away talking to the driver of the Ford - apparently he is one of a number of drivers that Disney calls on for special occasions - he was really sweet! I knew at once that Carl would be thrilled with the car when he saw it.

The drive to the Boardwalk was good fun, as we didn't go too fast, and the driver kept sounding the horn, which was very loud! When we arrived we pulled up in the entrance way, and it felt very real! There were quite a few people outside, and they all called out congratulations and some people told me I looked beautiful. Normally I get embarrassed by lots of attention but I was determined to enjoy it on my wedding day!

Tanis came out to meet us, and it was wonderful to finally see her in real life. After we had taken some photos with the car, she asked us to wait a moment, as Carl was just being moved to another area. When we finally went inside we saw Robin and Joshua, and I helped Robin to sort out Josh's outfit because he didn't know exactly how he was supposed to wear it.

This was also the moment that I had my first look at the flowers, which were beautiful. Tanis pinned the boutonnieres on mum and dad, and handed Rowena and me our flowers. At this point mum was nearly in tears (she told me this later) because people kept asking if I was her daughter and saying I looked beautiful!

Old 17 Feb 10, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - Wedding Day part 4

Day 8 - part 4

Robin and Joshua then went to catch up with Carl, when they all walked along the Boardwalk to Sea Breeze Point. Randy then brought Rowena, mum, dad and me out onto the balcony for various photos.

At this point Amelia decided to play games with Randy, especially peekaboo!

After a while of taking photos, I realised that although I had put my face sun cream on, I'd forgotten to put any on my arms and shoulders! So I asked Rowena to check with my mum and dad, but Tanis came to the rescue and had some, which Rowena and dad then plastered me with, lol. Tanis then said it was time to make my way to Sea Breeze Point, so we headed back out the front to the car - by now I was really feeling nervous!
Old 18 Feb 10, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - arriving for the wedding

Day 8 - part 5

In my last post I left it as we were leaving the Boardwalk Resort to head off to Sea Breeze Point.

Well, I got back in the car along with my dad, and we drove along the service road at the back (the same one we had walked alongside on the day we got drenched!), then coming out onto the Boardwalk.

As it was the middle of the afternoon, there were lots of people about to call congratulations. The driver kept hooting the horn again, too, and I knew that by now Carl would be able to hear it! On the DVD of our ceremony you can see Randy running along behind the car as he got a variety of shots, and we also had Andrew, who was a bit like our bodyguard, walking alongside. As we got close he had to stop us and hold us on the Boardwalk as they weren't quite ready yet.

Eventually we pulled up just outside SBP. Rowena and Amelia were waiting at the front with Tanis, and I could see Carl in the distance at the end of the altar - he had obviously been told to stay facing in one direction only!

At this point, Teresa Knox came out to meet me and gave me a big hug. I asked if Carl was nervous, and she said that he was a bit flushed (he always goes red when he is nervous!). She ran through what was going to happen, and Tanis arranged my train.

Next up was to explain to Amelia what she needed to do, although she said she didn't think it was good to throw the petals, bless her!

The violinist then began to play Circle of Life, and Rowena started to walk up the aisle, followed by Amelia.

Amelia threw a single petal, then looked at it, went back and picked it up! When she got to the front, Rowena helped her to empty out the bag, then Joshua joined in with scattering them.

As this was happening, I had a little wobble and thought I was going to cry (Circle of Life always does that to me, never mind the wedding!) but I pulled myself together and got ready to walk up the aisle to get married...

Old 18 Feb 10, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

What a fantastic report! You look stunning!
If I had my time over I'd definitely get married in Disney.
Old 18 Feb 10, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Awww I could never tire of reading this report, so fab. Nearly time for your walk down the aisle!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 10, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It all looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys - I'll be back to add some more in a short while (more marking to do!)
Old 19 Feb 10, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 -the Wedding Ceremony

Day 8 - part 6

As Rowena and Amelia walked up the aisle, I took a deep breath. Finally the music changed to Can You Feel the Love Tonight and I was walking down the aisle with my dad.

At this point, Carl was told to turn around and face me - I thought he was going to cry then!

When I reach him at the top, he tells me I look beautiful and each say "I love you." At this point we do both nearly cry, but manage not to!

At the beginning of the ceremony, we had asked Teresa to give thanks to my parents, and as we looked at them, I could see my mum was trying so hard not to cry. Afterwards she said they were so touched that we had put that in, and that it meant a lot to them.

The rest of the ceremony flew by. Unbeknownst to us, Amelia was worried that the breeze was blowing the petals onto my dress, and kept walking up my train to brush them off, bless her! At one point she came up in front, and handed us each a petal, which was such a lovely thing, and totally unprompted.

Old 19 Feb 10, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
really looking forward to the next part,this will be great for anyone arranging a disney wedding!