Notices

Old 23 Nov 10, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow the cruise sounds amazing! :o) Me and my boyfriend are staying in the Fairfiled Inn without a car for our second week next May so will let you know how we get on with the buses!

Good luck with your saving!
lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

309 days to go!

Well i've been a little pre-ocupied with Christmas and work, so not had much time for dibbing or planning, but this morning I logged onto the travelodge sale and found a room for £19.50! We've stayed at the Manchester Airport Travelodge before and it was nice enough, so i booked! Also pre-booked a 2 course evening meal of their bar menu for £6 each so a total spend of £31.50 - absolute bargain! Intend to book parking at a later date, but this has save us lots!

Also opened up the notes tin we've been saving in as was a little concerned we had too much cash in the house - £160 in notes saved since September, so Nick banked that today and i've just paid £110 off the cruise and put £50 into our 'ticket fund'! Also counted up the coins and already have £175! not banked the coins, as want to see the jars full

Can't believe how the time is already flying by - fab!

Edited at 11:14 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
wow, just stumbled across this after your post on my pre-trip! Race you there! lol if you find any bargains let me know, my saving isn't doing very well but the 2 littleuns take most of my spare cash, hopefully will be bale to sort my spending money after i graduate in July and can work!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Things are going well, well done on the saving, it all adds up at the end of the day, Wow to the cruise you must be thrilled.
You did well in the travelodge sale, getting a room for that, looking forward to more xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 10, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Amazing how the little bits of loose change add up. I love the idea of listing items on ebay to make some extra cash, I might give it a go. What sort of things are you selling?

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 11, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tink3 View Post
I love the idea of listing items on ebay to make some extra cash, I might give it a go. What sort of things are you selling?
I've been selling clothes, wii games, anything really! I've been a bit lazy on the ebay front for the past month, but intend to get back to it this month! For Christmas we were given 2 wii party games, so i popped the one which cam with a spare controller on and it just sold for £48! fab start to the 2011 mickey fund!
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 11, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
That is fantastic, i have lots of stuff in the garage that need sorting for car boots and ebay. It all adds up tot he fund dont it...

Happy New Year xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 11, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
That is fantastic, i have lots of stuff in the garage that need sorting for car boots and ebay. It all adds up tot he fund dont it...

Happy New Year xx
Thanks Sarah, Happy New Year to you too! x x

Definately worth sorting out the attic - i am setting things aside for a bootsale for when it gets warmer (if it gets warmer), i did a few last year and made around £70 a time! and that was just books and tat really - fab!
Old 8 Jan 11, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

299 days to go!

Well, we are finally out of the 300's and now have 299 days til the holiday!

Mind you this week has been not so good when it comes to the holiday... some of you may have seen the thread? Basically on 28/12/10 i paid of £100 from the holiday balance, went through no probs. Then earlier this week my bank card got declined... after some digging around i discovered that not only had they taken the £100 payment, but they had taken the holiday balance of £1130.90 Well, thats a total of £1230.90! not good! I'm still in the midst of trying to sort it out and am ringing Virgin back on Monday. They aren't sure they're going to be able to refund, and the back have advised me that if i open a dispute against the transaction, Virgin could cancel the whole booking and refund the whole amount As we got a good deal including free universal tickets and have booked the cruise and airport hotel already we don't really want to risk losing the holiday, so am just crossing fingers til i speak to the accounts dept on Monday. I currently have no money at all in my own account, and not paid for another 2 and a half weeks - not good!

Before all of this being discovered I managed to get a really nice hand luggage bag - its stripey and from the Roxy shop - got it in the sale from £35 to £19 so was fairly pleased with that. Its just in the Virgin measurements so nice and large to fill for extra goodies

Its free listing this weekend on ebay, so i am hoping to get a few bits listed to get some £'s towards my bank balance or the holiday depending on how i get on!

Edited at 11:16 PM.
Old 8 Jan 11, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

I can't believe that Virgin say they may not be able to refund you. I hope you get it sorted out with them.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List