Notices

Old 21 Feb 11, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

255 days to go!

Well, I had quite a good week ebay-wise, so just transferring to bank and then fingers crossed will be looking at park tickets for Disney as aready have a good bit set aside towards these!

We also have got a new camera this week For Christmas my parents bought me and Nick a new camera, unfortunately it was terrible and so i took it back to argos for repair as i thought it mus be faulty. The manufacturer (GE) agreed it was faulty and issued a replacement, but i didn't want to risk it happening again, and so Argos agreed that we could exchange it for a different type. So... we now are the very happy owners of a Panasonic Lumix TZ8, had to put some extra £'s towards it, but we wanted to make sure we had a great camera for Florida! Just need to test it out now! And find a decent camera bag - any suggestions?

Also managed to lose 3lbs this week with slimming world, so am very pleased with that!

Well.. think i need a recap of what i've done and still need to do to keep me organised, so here goes...

Things Already Sorted
- Flight and Accommodation booked via Virgin Holidays
- Disney Dream 3 night Cruise - booked
- ESTA's completed (before the charge came in)
- Passports checked
- FairFX $'s card for spends - aprox $500 saved to date!
- FairFX £'s cards to save for tickets etc
- Universal Tickets (14 day 2 park pass)
- Airport Hotel - Manchester Airport Travelodge for a bargain £19!
- New Camera - Panasonic Lumix TZ8
- TSA Locks

Things to Sort Out
- Pay balance of holiday
- Pay balance of the cruise
- Travel Insurance (including medical conditions)
- I Trolley/Lynx Bus passes
- Disney Ultimate Tickets
- La Nouba Tickets (Xmas present from brother and SIL)
- Airport Parking
- Town car transfer from MCO to I-Drive
- Transfers from I-Drive to Port Canaveral
- Join a November photopass share
- Lose 2 stone!

I think that's it so far, no doubt i have forgotten something, if its blindingly obvious, let me know so i can add it to my list!

Til next time...

Edited at 11:20 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 11, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

Just seen this, you're do organized and good at getting your eBay stuff listed. It's just so tedious I get fed up after about five items, but you've inspired me to get cracking!
Old 21 Feb 11, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've just read your pre trip pee after you posted and read mine! You definitely are the ebY queen! I've joined slimming world too and am hoping to lose 2 stone b4 we go in September!

Lookin forward to your planning
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 11, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Wow, you are such an expert with this ebaying Mrs, keep it up, it is adding up very well for you
Glad you managed to get the camera you wanted, I am sure you are going to get some brilliant Disney images now.
Can i ask, were the transfers to Port Canaveral expensive?

Keep up the hard work, take care xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 11, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cathann View Post
Just seen this, you're do organized and good at getting your eBay stuff listed. It's just so tedious I get fed up after about five items, but you've inspired me to get cracking!
Good luck with your ebaying! I do find it really boring, but its definately worth it, I'm hoping that by the end of May i'll have paid fully for our disney tickets and the cruise with our ebay money - i'll be ecstatic if i can manage it!

Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
I've just read your pre trip pee after you posted and read mine! You definitely are the ebY queen! I've joined slimming world too and am hoping to lose 2 stone b4 we go in September!

Lookin forward to your planning
Good luck with your slimming world! I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm sure you'll get that 2 stone off!

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Wow, you are such an expert with this ebaying Mrs, keep it up, it is adding up very well for you
Glad you managed to get the camera you wanted, I am sure you are going to get some brilliant Disney images now.
Can i ask, were the transfers to Port Canaveral expensive?

Keep up the hard work, take care xx
Thanks Sarah, need to get some more stuff on ebay this weekend and try and stay motivated with it - going to do a few bootsales in April as will hopefully be warmer by then too!

I've been looking round at transfers, nothing booked as yet, because there are only 2 of us it's fairly expensive. Its around $160 return by shuttle, so i'm going to get some town car quotes from Mears and see if they'll give us a good price for the port transfers and aiport ones too if we book altogether. Are you thinking of doing a cruise next time?
Old 22 Feb 11, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Ooh you're so organized! And you seem so good at saving money, well done it's just me and my boyfriend going October too Thats amazing about the cruise during your holiday too, I've heard such good things about Disney cruises, maybe next time we will be able to squeeze one in! Keep us updated with your plans!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 11, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

250 days to go!

I’ve been poorly this week, so spent Tuesday at home and was dibbing in between sleeps … oops! The dibb definitely helps to make you feel better though! But it got my mind into planning mode, so have sorted another few things off the ‘to do’ list this week!

Firstly.. weight loss for the week 2lbs That’s 10lbs off in 5 weeks on slimming world, and am mega chuffed with that! If I can average out 1.5lbs per week I’ll get to my goal by the end of June! Fingers crossed! I am loving slimming world though, its mega simple and have found some great recipes… anyways back to Florida!

Our pirate t-shirts arrived this week… here goes for my first attempt at adding pictures…
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I’m planning on chopping zig-zags around the hem and the sleeves nearer the time, but am pleased with them, Nick loves them too!

We have also sorted out our travel insurance… with pre-existing medical conditions its never the simplest of processes, but we decided on Columbus Travel in the end – it was £95 to cover us at the highest level which includes my medical conditions and we added ‘emergency cover’ for volcanos etc – just in case!

I found a code for 7.5% off onsite airport parking for Manchester Airport . I was being very particular about what parking I want, as we have a long drive home after our flight (around 4 hours). So, having used the short stay at terminal 2 before, I knew that was where I wanted to park.. got a quote for £74 after discount for the time we’re away and booked it! I know we could have got cheaper, but I cannot be bothered with all that faffing around when we want to get going.

Am hoping to book our Disney tickets this weekend with all of our ebay proceeds so far, floridaescapes are offering the ultimate for £219 this weekend, so think they may be getting my $$’s!

And yet again there is another free listing weekend on ebay… so guess what I’m doing! Had a few items finishing mid-week and made another £25 so pleased with this! I’m on a mission to pay off the cruise now – fingers crossed!

So… here’s how we’re getting on…

Things Already Sorted
- Flight and Accommodation booked via Virgin Holidays
- Disney Dream 3 night Cruise - booked
- ESTA's completed (before the charge came in)
- Passports checked
- FairFX $'s card for spends - aprox $500 saved to date!
- FairFX £'s cards to save for tickets etc
- Universal Tickets (14 day 2 park pass)
- Airport Hotel - Manchester Airport Travelodge for a bargain £19!
- New Camera - Panasonic Lumix TZ8
- TSA Locks
- Travel Insurance (including medical conditions)
- Airport Parking
- Allocated seats on plane

Things to Sort Out
- Pay balance of holiday
- Pay balance of the cruise
- I Trolley/Lynx Bus passes
- Disney Ultimate Tickets
- La Nouba Tickets (Xmas present from brother and SIL)
- Town car transfer from MCO to I-Drive
- Transfers from I-Drive to Port Canaveral
- Join a November photopass share
- Lose 2 stone!
- Complete API information

Thanks for reading,
Til next time...

Edited at 11:21 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 11, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
There's nothing wrong with dibbing to make you feel better

Quick you need to change you travel insurance from things to do to completed tasks. Always makes be feel better when the to do list is shorter

Hope you get some more sales on ebay

Oh and well done on the weight lose
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 11, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Quick you need to change you travel insurance from things to do to completed tasks. Always makes be feel better when the to do list is shorter
Thanks Tracey! missed that one much better now
Old 26 Feb 11, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
hey Emily,
Loving your pre-trip, what kinda things you selling on ebay? Need to get on with it myself! great weight loss hun!
Kenzie

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List