Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 11, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Our Disney Wedding December 2010 Reviews and Photos!

Here you go guys I have loads more photos but I can't post them all, if you want like to see more pm me for my facebook link

We had an escape wedding on the 9 December, and I found reviews etc so helpful here I go with mine!

We were married at the Yacht Club Gazebo and had our reception at Ariels with a dessert party in Norway (relocated from Morocco as it was cold that night). I loved out Escape wedding, we did debate about upgrading to a Wishes wedding but we loved the escape package as it was sooo easy we tried to make the elements work for us best we could so we got our money’s worth and you will see from my beo managed to add on the reception and dessert party and keep it under the wishes minimums.

Fortunately the weather was lovely on the day of our wedding in the 20’s, it did get cold for the dessert party in the evening, but we expected that for the time of year and wrapped up warm! I would totally recommend a wedding early December the parks were so quiet and magical with all the decorations and personally I prefer the cooler weather, we went on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon where it was lovely and warm!

All the cast members made us feel so special on our wedding day, I had so many people come up to us on the boardwalk to wish us well and take photos of us (I thought this was really cute!). I know people always go on about feeling special at the Grand Floridian, and it’s just the same at all the other resorts!

Wish I did/glad I did:
I wish I did not keep on freaking out about the weather before the wedding day, in the end it was lovely and there was no need to stress! I would not change anything from our day or add anything on, although I wish I had taken phone numbers for DFTW and Disney Event Group to the dessert party in the evening...
I’m glad I had my reception in Ariels, it was beautiful and the division of the space worked really well for our group. I’m glad our dessert party was moved inside as it was cold! We actually preferred the view of the fireworks from Norway than Morocco too!

I’m glad I didn’t... go mad on extras for our wedding. We really didn’t want characters (we were all adults at our wedding I would have felt a little silly!) We didn’t add on any extra photoshoots either, we don’t have these in the UK and I could not face getting up so early in the morning!

I’m also really glad we didn’t do welcome bags I think sometimes you can get really caught up with the DIS and other wedding sites and think you have to do all these things, but none of my guests would have expected and I am guessing most of the stuff from the bags would have ended up in the bin. As a thank you instead I booked executive lounges for all my guests the day they all flew.

Edited at 08:38 PM.
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook

Apologies for the bad quality photobucket is rubbish!
Old 5 Jan 11, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Wedding day vendors and reviews:
DFTW: I thought DFTW were fantastic. I work in project management and everything ran like clockwork and until the dessert party it was stress free. Prior to booking the wedding I had Stacey who was really helpful and quick to respond I found it annoying that DFTW changed some of the rules before I booked (like introducing the $7500 minimum, which meant we had to change our plans and have our lunch through Disney but in the end we much preferred it and we ended up spending the same amount anyway).

My planner was Karen Serrette who was lovely, very professional and always got back to my emails very quickly. On the wedding itself she was fantastic gave direction and kept my events moving and was very friendly with my guests etc. There was a slight mix up with drinks for the toasts but it was all corrected within seconds and none of our guests knew that the wrong drinks had been delivered. We also had our deposit returned about a week after the wedding.

Disney Event Group: I have never seen anyone do a review of the Disney Event Group, but they seem to play an important part in receptions and dessert parties! Originally we were booked through Stacey to have our lunch reception at the Flying Fish and privately hire it out, Stacey had checked with management that tables could be moved etc. However, when it came down to it at the 6 month mark Disney Event Group would not let tables be moved. I think rules most have changed inbetween my booking and being passed to a planner, but as usual with Disney you only find out these things if you ask... Karen arranged for us to have our reception in Ariels which we loved and in hindsight I’m really glad we had to be moved!

On the night of our dessert party we were not told that out dessert party was moved inside, I have since found out that Disney Event Group were supposed to phone me and have a guide at Morocco to walk us over. Fortunately there was another dessert party in France and the guides walked us over to Norway. The staff at the event were fantastic very apologetic over what had happened and gave us all those cool 3d glasses were mickey heads pop up when the fireworks go off! I had extended our dessert party so there was still time for food and drinks etc and I raised what happened with DFTW when I got back and I am satisfied with the conclusion.
Ariels: Loved it, the room is beautiful so airy and light! We made us of the three areas inside Ariels, the main room for lunch the room by the windows for a pre reception and the back room for the buffet. Our reception lasted for just under 3 hours. The staff were all fantastic and the chef came out to speak to us to check the food was ok etc. Just to add for other brides we requested highboys for our pre reception and we were not charged for these, they even added cute decorations to the tables.

When we were planning the wedding I was a little worried that we would have no music for in Ariels but I didn’t want to give a family member the responsibility of looking after the ipod. What I didn’t know was that there was music playing all the way through the reception (I think it was the same music from the beach club lobby) it added a lovely relaxed ambience to the meal.

Dessert Party: The dessert party itself was brilliant. We actually wanted it moved inside because of the cold, and our guests enjoyed the Norway loft – lots of nice sofas, interesting pieces on display, we were taken down to watch the fireworks at a roped off area in Norway and the fireworks were amazing from Norway we had the added bonus of the extra 5 mins of fireworks for Christmas too.

Randy Chapman: Over the last couple of years I have read so many good reviews about Randy Chapman and what everyone says is true. He is such a nice guy and we love our photos! I have 4 dvds from him and he stayed for an extra hour. I gave him no direction prior to our wedding and just let him do his thing, and we really love them. We wanted simple traditional photography with a mix of photojournalistic, and I would highly recommend him!

Disney Event Photography: As this was included with the escape package used this as photojournalistic photography. We both like the photos (as were from the UK we got the dvd and the album included) but I don’t think quality is as good as Randy’s. They worked well together which was great.

Beaute Special: Love them! I had Ana for my trial who was fantastic and Laine and another girl on the wedding day who did three of us. Everyone who I interacted with from Beaute Special were really friendly, professional and reliable. We all loved our hair and make up I have naturally very straight hair and my curls and make up stayed all day – see the photos below from 9am and about 8pm in Epcot that night.

Rev Kev: Was great, email communications before the day was spot on, and on our wedding day he was professional smiley and friendly. We had a civil ceremony an wore suit and without us requesting it which was great as in hindsight we would have been a little uncomfortable if he had worn robes.

Disney Floral: We had Rosie (I think everyone does who is an Escape bride?) and she was lovely, a little hard to get a hold of sometimes as she was sooo busy but really helpful and full of ideas. She sent me linens swatches across to the UK which were extremely helpful to match colours up. On the days itself all the floral and decor was perfect. I loved my flowers (they were sooo heavy!) and our centrepieces etc were also perfect. These were moved to our dessert party as centrepieces and we added in LED lights – a really cost effective way of re using decor if you don’t want the glow cylinders.

Wedding cake: Everyone loved the cake, honestly the best cake I have eaten! We had marble with milk chocolate mousse on the bottom layer and milk chocolate with white chocolate mousse on the top layer. We used the elegant scrolls cake from the escape package and it was really pretty and added our own topper.

Food and drinks: We had a package bar for reception; with a small group this was not too expensive. I have no idea if we got our money’s worth but we just wanted to relax about it and not think about how many drinks people would have etc!

We had the asian spice buffet for lunch which was delicious. We wanted to have something a little different, and it went down really well with our group – particularly the beef and the grouper. We also added on the Mr and Mrs Strawberries which were lovely and added a nice touch!

For the dessert party we created our own menu of International and Domestic Cheese Display with Breads And Dried Fruits, Cheesecake, Chocolate Éclairs, Pistachio Cannoli, Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Cream Horns, Fruit Tarts, Fresh Fruit Salad, Key West Key Lime Tarts and assorted cupcakes - with the included tea/coffee fruit juice. Everything went down really well I didn’t eat too much I was still too full from lunch but I remember the cheeses were great!
Old 5 Jan 11, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Flights: For UK brides we flew with Virgin Atlantic which were great. Once they found out we were getting married they brought all our group champagne and chocolates over. The return flight was a bit stressful due to all the weather problems Europe was having but we got back and again the cabin crew were great.

Hotels: For the first 5 nights we stayed at the Dolphin and have a few rooms booked for guests. The staff were great and it was a much more cost effective way of staying on the boardwalk and not in your face Disney. We were upgraded to a huge suite (so big could not get it the photos, which we loved and the whole corridor had just been redecorated.

The night before the wedding and two days after we had a 1 bedroom villa at the boardwalk we went through Disney as a hotel stay (thanks 45% passholder discount!) and had our room cleaned everyday. We loved the villa it was beautiful, I could have lived there forever! I highly recommend doing this as we really needed the space on the day of the wedding for getting ready etc.

After the cruise we rented points and stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. The room was great and we preferred the decor to our concierge room in the main building from last year. Was not crazy on the lack of room cleaning, I like to be spoilt on holiday and especially on honeymoon. Something to think about if renting points.

Disney Cruise: We did the one week western cruise for our honeymoon and LOVED it. This was our first cruise, we were so well looked after and spoilt. I preferred the cruise to the parks. I would definitely recommend this for a honeymoon!

Old 5 Jan 11, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Finally here is my final beo -

(Please note all prices for the wedding include tax, floral has this seperated)

Wedding Ceremony Yacht Club Gazebo x12 people

1 sparking brut (included)
1 sparking brut $77.32
1 two tier wedding cake (included)
1 orange juice $6.44
1 Escape wedding set up (included)
1 venue rental (included)
1 photojounalistc photo package (included)
1 Escape wedding package 2010 $4750
1 Violionist (included)
1 Limousine (included)

Wedding Lunch Ariels 1pm - 3:30pm
12 package beer and wine bar @ $20 per guest = $309.28
2 Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut @$60 = $154.64
12 Asian spice buffet 2010 @ $44 per guest = $680.41
12 Mr and Mrs Strawberries Design Plate @$10 per guest = $154.64
1 small party fee $53.25
1 fee bartender $106.50

Dessert Party 8:30-10:00 Morocco Oasis
1 venue package Morocco Terrace all $200
12 WDW International & Domestic Cheese and flatbreads display @$9.75 = $150.77
12 custom classic dessert buffet 2010 @$30 per guest = $463.91
Outdoor set up fee $90.53
Small party fee $53.46

total of $7263.95

Floral
Ceremony

Hand tied french style bouquet of white roses with a ring of greenery only around the base of the roses to stick out a bit underneath with 8 single Swarovski crytals and 1 Swarovski crystal Mickey placed through out the roses with the faux stems wrapped 75% in white satin ribbons than criss cross wrapped over that with a thinner green ribbon (sash color is Sea Green solid - match the green ribbon to this shade)/crystal charges 8 @ $1.00 - 1 @ $3.00 Total = $11 (bouquet included in escape package)

Bridesmaid: Wrist/pin corsage of double white rose-greenery and matching sea green ribbons Total = $26

6 x Pin on of a single white rose and greenery NO ribbons (groom, best man, immediate family) $10.50 each Total = $50

10 x white wooden folding chairs @$6 each = $60
10 x sea green sash @$4.50 = $45

12x white wooden chairs for cake cutting (no sash) @ $6 each = $72
1 transport fee for chairs $200

10x White chiffon bags with petals in white-green and lavender for staged exit placed on each seat @ $3.5 each = $35

Lunch

White linens provided for roman table
Platinum Lamour table runner 2 x $9 each = $18
White chair covers and platinum lamour sashes 12 x 8.50 each = $102.00
3x Square vases-rental $10.00 with clear gel $5.00-silver star confetti $3.00-and a french style arrangement as pictured of white roses $65.00 @ $83 each = $249.00
12x White chocolate rectangular place card with a Mickey disc with the guests names-see seating chart wrapped in cello and tied in a matching sea green ribbon @ $6 each = $72.00

Dessert Party

Epcot will provide white linen and black plastic garden chairs
Move the square vases from lunch / add in 2 led lights $6.00 to each vase / place on cocktail tables = $18
Move fee for floral $50
3 x Sea Green solid napkin placed on each table under the square vases = $3

Grand floral total = $1,063.13

GRAND TOTAL = Final BEO Total of $8,327.08 including all taxes
Old 5 Jan 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
It looks absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your wonderful start to married life. When you compare what you got for your money in comparison to this country it shows how well you did.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow I cant believe you had all that for such a great price! You look gorgeous in your pics.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Pics are gorgeous! So glad I have booked Randy
I am having escape wedding too, we have booked through Virgin, hoping for chocs and champers! lol! Have to admit thou I REALLY wana do the MK shoot!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
WOW Gemma it all looks fab (and it came in at a fantastic price - thanks for sharing that).

I will drop you a PM with my email cos you just know I want more photos

xxxx

Marie

--------------------------------------------------------

ooooh and just a quick question - did you notice anyone hanging over the balconies videoing you for youtube

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive

Edited at 09:44 PM.
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow you look amazing and soo jealous of the disney wedding may have to renew my vows there in a few years
ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread