Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 11, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
OMG I want to go home and read my Passporter now! Thank you x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Looks like a great day, and thanks for sharing... might just have to cancel my UK wedding and rebook florida one haha.
Old 6 Jan 11, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Gorgeous photos Gemma, you look beautiful. So glad you had a wonderful day
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow it all looked fabulous - we've watched several weddings (from a distance) at both the Yacht club and the Boardwalk gazebos and they always look lovely, but it was nice to see the details.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
OMG I want to go home and read my Passporter now! Thank you x
Beaware though if you add on a Dessert party you'll trigger that minimum spend expenditure
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Can I ask though, how come there was a minimum expenditure for an Escape wedding? That has worried me a bit!
The minimum only kicks in you would to host a private event - such as a dessert party or your escape wedding is on at a weekend. Photoshoots booked through disney etc also count towards your minimum.

Hi Gem
Just read through the notes and pricing in a bit more detail. Seeing your BEO is so so so useful to me as it gives me a better indication of some prices
Can I just ask a couple of questions:

You paid for ceremony chair hire @ $6 each - are chairs not included in the wedding/ceremony cost? I just assumed they would be!

A dessert party is not something I had considered before but seeing actually how reasonable it is, I might. Do you, or anyone else, know where I can find more details about costings for venues, menus etc

Everything looks so wonderful Gem, I'd love to see some more piccies if you don't mind PMing me the link! xx
Chairs are included with disney weddings, I just had a thing about having the wooden chairs as I love the look of them, you don't need to get them at all it was my personal choice, and if you want to upgrade its cheaper to use chair covers as you don't pay a delivery fee.

Definetly get the passporter guide its brilliant. You can also do a dessert party much cheaper than we did I think for epcot you only need to spend a minimum of $23 per person, and you can have a hot buffet etc if you want - the chefs will do whatever you want. Best place to look is the magical kingdoms website as they have loads of menus on there.

I will pm you my facebook

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
What a great day you had, love your photos! Congratulations and thanks for sharing all of your prices etc
Thank you! I know when I was planning prices were so useful!

Originally Posted by dangallimore View Post
Looks like a great day, and thanks for sharing... might just have to cancel my UK wedding and rebook florida one haha.
Haha! Were having a reception over here at the end of the month we have so much to do!

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Gorgeous photos Gemma, you look beautiful. So glad you had a wonderful day
Thank you Sarah!

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Wow it all looked fabulous - we've watched several weddings (from a distance) at both the Yacht club and the Boardwalk gazebos and they always look lovely, but it was nice to see the details.
Thank you! We saw lots of weddings at the boardwalk too!
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Thanks for answering my questions Gem, I think I'll be bothering you and Hayley (also planning but sooner than me!) a lot over the coming months

I really really like the idea of doing a DP to give something back to our guests and the DP alone is affordable
However, to meet a $7500 minimum will not be possible if we want our other honeymoon plans to go ahead
Is that 7 days per week?
Meaning, if I want an Escape wedding + GF/Epcot DP, I need to find $2250 more (on top of DFTW & DP) to have one?
I looked on DFTW website and it only gives minimums for Sat/Sun weddings

Please tell me it's not true!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Thanks for answering my questions Gem, I think I'll be bothering you and Hayley (also planning but sooner than me!) a lot over the coming months

I really really like the idea of doing a DP to give something back to our guests and the DP alone is affordable
However, to meet a $7500 minimum will not be possible if we want our other honeymoon plans to go ahead
Is that 7 days per week?
Meaning, if I want an Escape wedding + GF/Epcot DP, I need to find $2250 more (on top of DFTW & DP) to have one?
I looked on DFTW website and it only gives minimums for Sat/Sun weddings

Please tell me it's not true!
I know I'm not Gemma, but as she isn't thought i'd answer to help

The $7,500 minimum is 7 days a week if like Gemma said you add a catered event - reception and/or DP

So you have the $4750 Escape package + around $800+ for DP depending on where and guest total, so you'd have to find other things to spend around $1950 on
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
I know I'm not Gemma, but as she isn't thought i'd answer to help

The $7,500 minimum is 7 days a week if like Gemma said you add a catered event - reception and/or DP

So you have the $4750 Escape package + around $800+ for DP depending on where and guest total, so you'd have to find other things to spend around $1950 on

Can i ask a question? If you want a private dinner (I think there is a private dining room in GF?) wud that mean you have to meet min expenditure?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

hi, congratulations, what a great price for all what you got it sounded amazing and your pics are sooo good xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread