Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 11, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I'm nearly out of shake now Amy you just reminded me! Will get some for next week. I can't live without my shakes! Lol
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Loving the ride chat ladies...there's no ride that you won't get me on! I just don't go on spinny ones like the tea cups as they just make me feel sick. No fear for me! Sheer love. Sheikra was awesome. Only did it once last time and that's our biggest regret last trip so deffo more next time. Also v excited about Cheetah Chase. Manta is awesome too!

Kel, our itinerary right now, is looking like 14 nights WDW, 1 night HRH then 7 nights cruise (all on the Fantasy)
However, if when the Dream becomes available we prefer the itinerary or it's massively cheaper, we'll change and do 16 nights WDW, 5 nights Dream and 1 night HRH
All very exciting!
Holiday got approved! So so so so relieved! So hopefully will book flights tomorrow! pre-register with Charter anyway as their prices were best! So excited by all this!

Went out tonight after work. Never do that but this week has been so rubbish at work so decided to let me hair down. Just drank soda water but had some snacks with the guys as there was no other option really, we were at Yates, so had a couple of bits of garlic bread, couple of onion rings and a few chips. Not the best food but TBH not masses and probably within points. No regrets as it was so nice to let my hair down!

Right, off to rest now after all that chat and dancing!xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Morning girls, just checking in quickly as I have a busy ish day today. Going to new house at 2pm as builders are there this morning so going to take this opportunity to get all my exercise this morning.
It's snowing here! It's been going for about two hours now and it's a bit wet so it's only settling on grass and cars and not on roads yet thankfully but if it keeps going it might start causing us problems. I'm sick of snow, we've had so much over the last year and it always seems to snow around Alexs birthday but it just didn't seem cold enough so this has come out of the blue!
All sounds good Nat, glad you got the holiday approved.
That cheeta chase opens when we are there you know but I don't think we are doing busch we've talked about it but time wise I don't think we can get it in, plus we've done it a lot and it's my least favorite park but am tempted by new ride. I think it will be like rita from what I've read but bigger. Anyway it's a thought for when we are there I reckon.
I've been watching some really old Orlando DVDs from the 90s - lol - and it's so funny to see thd parks! Ioa doesn't exsist, Fate of Atlantis is just being built and we are all there discussing what it may be! We are staying in Marriots Cypress Harbour resort and I don't even know if that exsists now! Anyway just up to HS now, or MGM as it was then! We've been to race rock and FAO swartz but the rest of point Orlando is still under construction. It's so funny to see it all old. I'm having my 19th birthday whilst there on cocoa beach. Hehe...anyway want to watch some more now so will have to do a gym room.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hello ladies

Rach - great news on the villa! Fab price. Bet you can't wait now it's booked Like Kel said, Fairfx is great and taken everywhere, so I wouldn't worry.

Nat - itinery is looking great. Must have taken some planning!

Kel - cannot believe it's snowing. Had heard it was due in some places, but really! Haven't we had enough?! Bet it must be lovely watching old videos of Orlando. I never went as a child, only since I've been a grown up! Busch Gardens is actually my favourite place to go and can't wait to try out the new ride, looks brilliant.

Been crazily busy so far, so just having a break, but have booked the following:

Car hire and taxis from airport (not getting car at airport as we both like a drink on the plane - I need one to get on the plane lol!)
1 night at RPR
Emerils at RPR for nice meal
Hotel at Gatwick and car parking
Travel Insurance
Chased and printed off ESTA info
Dan booked suit hire place

Then I printed everything off and put it all in a folder in order of when we do it! I feel much more organised now it's all sorted.

Just got to write wedding invites and stamp them, then order rings and we're pretty much done I think.

Appetite gone completely! Really surprised it's gone so quickly. Just had a bar so far this morning at 8:30. No hunger, not even rumbling stomach, so I'm hoping that things will be easier from here on in.

Off to start on those wedding invites now. Have even had time to shower and shave my legs! Need to do my nails and a tan tonight in prep for dinner with Dan's family tomorrow, which I am hoping will not kick my right out of ketosis.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Evening ladies,

Crikey Liz, how did you fit so much into one day?! You must have been like a wirldwind! You've done so much for the honeymoon too - are you getting excited now? Emerils! Very, very cool! I've never been but always always wanted to, so will look forward to your report on that one! You probably haven't even had time to think about eating no wonder your appetite has vanished, makes it easier I bet though?
We found a difference! Busch! Your fav and yet my least, funny that isn't it? I guess with all the rides there and animals its easy to assume it would be one of my favorites, but theres just something about the feel of Busch that means it my least fav. I don't think the other people who go there help as we find a lot of big groups of teenagers and not as many familys and couples, I remember being stuck in that log flume queue last time, in front was a big group of girls about 18 years old and behind us was a big group of lads around the same age and they were just being idiots, I felt suffocated. I also think Busch is starting to look a bit tired and old and has poor theming, but I know thats just a very minority perspective on it. The 'feel' of it just reminds me of UK theme parks too much. My brother went with his GF in Sept 2009 when we all went together and we didn't go with them and they absolutley loved it, said it was one of their favs by a mile and I was honestly shocked, thinking they'd come back and be like 'urgh Busch is awful'. Maybe its cause we went in June when we last went, maybe that made it busier I dunno, might have even been a weekend, not sure. It didn't help that when we went loads of the rides were down, Shekria was most of the day but we got on once, Kumba was down, Gwazi made me ill, Rhino rally went down, like the park just seemed broken to me, although I did really enjoy the giraffe safari we went on and beer and wine tasting, that made up for it. I might need to give it a new try once this new ride opens and now Jungalia is open.

Well, luckily all the snow has gone now, it snowed for about 5 hours but must have been quite wet cause it melted really fast so I was able to get round to mum and dads. Their house is a shell now, literally, its been stripped, nothing remains, walls knocked down, kitchen all torn out, all doors removed and even the staircase is pretty much gone, just the stairs remain but no bannister. Its funny cause we were talking about heights yesterday weren't we and today I felt all wobby when I was upstairs looking down to an open drop on the landing. We only lasted 2 hours there today as it was sooooo dusty and there was just stuff everywhere, nails, plaster board, tools, bits of bricks, all the carpet grips and so the only thing we could do was strip down the remaining wood on the stairs so it could be sanded and then painted oak which is the colour of their new staircase. My dad had an electric sander and then some chemical remover but the fumes and dust were so bad that only really dad and Alex could handle it so me and mum were a bit surplus to requirements today. Then it got bitterly cold as all the electric is off so no heat and so in the end we called it a day and came back to ours for coffee and a thaw. Also so my mum and dad could see their ''little furry babies'' as they call them. Cats get spoilt rotten when my parents are here as they absolutley coo over them and cats well know it! My big cat, Bentley, goes and rolls on his back next to my mum and she fusses over him and gives him loads of kisses and tummy rubs and my middle girl, Daisy, just clamps herself to my dads knee and sits there purring loudly - honestly, they are such show cats for a bit of attention! I brought 'em up well!
Anyway Alex is going back tomorrow with just my dad to finish off but I'm gonna stay at home.

Not a lot else to report really, oh my friend text me this morning to say she'd had a really vivid dream last night that I was pregnant and I was peeved as I couldn't go on the rides on our honeymoon! I assured her I'm not pregnant but did ask her if I was a happy pregnant person or a grumpy one that always felt ill and was putting on loads of weight! She said I was my normal, happy, calm self and I lived in a big house! Well it was spooky up til then but at that point I knew she must be dreaming of someone else who was simply impersonating me! Told her to have the same dream in 4 months thank you very much.

Right thats me done I think. Find myself in an unusual position of having done all my exercise as I did it this morning and now free to watch TV all night. Fabulous! 'Take me out' tonight, Liz! Wonder if its the Welsh girls turn?! bless her, prolly not.

Hope you all have nice evenings - Kim hope you don't get too wasted! Enjoy your partay!

Food:
B: protien shake
S: peanuts
L: tuna
S: peanuts
D: bacon and veg pesto stir fry. SF jelly.

Exercise: 1 hour gym room 30 min Davina weights.

CRITICAL SITUATION: I'VE RAN OUT OF PEANUTS! Wish I had some wine, I really fancy a tipple tonight.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 08:15 PM.
Old 19 Feb 11, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

OMG I am freaking out! My laptop has just died! It won't even bloody switch on! Am on my iPod at the moment but I CANNOT live without my computer?! What the hell do I do? I work from home on that! And also all my piccies are on that and I know I should have backed them up but I haven't! Seriously stressed right now.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 19 Feb 11, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Uh oh Kel hope you get on ok without the peanuts!

Liz, well done you with all your planning. Glad you've reached ketosis now must be such a relief!

I booked our flydrives this afternoon! £735 each for 3 weeks flydrive, really pleased, we might have got our own flights cheaper but I would rather pay more for ATOL protection as we're DIY!
I was pleased with the price so that's all that matters!

So just the accommodation to book now!
And tickets etc

Been busy setting up a very comprehensive spreadsheet for the wedding and honeymoon so I'm all set!

Got cheesy pasta for dinner...mmm
Pork stirfry tomorrow

Right best be off, plenty of tidying up to do after a busy old day with the kids here! xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
OMG I am freaking out! My laptop has just died! It won't even bloody switch on! Am on my iPod at the moment but I CANNOT live without my computer?! What the hell do I do? I work from home on that! And also all my piccies are on that and I know I should have backed them up but I haven't! Seriously stressed right now.
Are you sure it's charged up Kel? Ours won't turn on if it's got no battery for about 20 mins into its charge
Let us know how you get on

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 19 Feb 11, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

It was plugged in Nat! I just want to say every swear word under the sun right now! It's seriously dead and it also has all my Orlando documents on it too! Losing my computer is not something that can happen! I bloody hate laptops they go so quick but are so convienient. Might give it another go now... Alex says to wait but it's just sat here on the sofa next to me looking all broken.. I honestly feel like crying.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 19 Feb 11, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Kel, please don't panic, laptops are repairable. Might cost you £100 but it will probably be able to be repaired. Also they may be able to recover any documents. I had a similar thing happen when I lived in Spain, it was my only communication with home and entertainment etc but it'd last 20 mins and then die. Got it repaired, about £70, turned out the graphics card was faulty and caused the computer to fail. I promise there is probably something they can do. Have you Googled the problem?

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Closed Thread