Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 11, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
We're going to book a 1 night stay at disney on our return as we'll have an extra night before we fly home but not sure whether to just book the cheapest disney room or whether to splash out and pick a nice hotel? Decisions decisions ...
It depends on if you plan to spend time at the hotel or at a park? If park, go for a cheaper hotel, if you plan to just chill at the pool i'd say go for a deluxe.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
It depends on if you plan to spend time at the hotel or at a park? If park, go for a cheaper hotel, if you plan to just chill at the pool i'd say go for a deluxe.
Ithink we will wait until we have our itinerary for the cruise so we know how much time we'll have as if we have time for a park then we will do that

Were hitting a real brick wall with our meal after the wedding - nowhere can guarantee to sit us together unless we eat really early which means moving our ceremony time and leaving us a gap after dinner until the fireworks start. Does anyone have any contact details for the grand Floridian cafe as were having no luck with narcoossee's or even Cali Grill?
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

Not sure what restaurants will guarantee you to all sit together...but when we were out there for Amy's wedding. We would often have parties of 15 or over and we were always sat next to each other. Albeit on different tables.

This really doesn't matter, as most weddings (even in this country) people are sat on different tables at the reception.

Good luck in finding the right place

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Yeah I will have to go with separate tables if I have no luck but I'd like to avoid it if possible. I'm hoping if we go for the first sittin at narcoosees then it might be ok but I can not find a contact for them anywhere and the ADR line are being no help whatsoever!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

try googling it, i've found restaurant numbers that way before.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
That's what I've tried googling and the only numbers that come up are the general reservation ones :S
Old 13 Sep 11, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Have you tried Citrico's? They had no problem with sitting us together! I can PM you the e-mail address of the manager that we dealt with at Citrico's (Disney restaurant managers do move around a lot though, but I am sure she will be able to point you in the right direction if she has moved on! ). Let me know if you would like it!
Most Disney restaurants prefer to have large parties seated at the first sitting (5.30pm). You will probably finds that there is not too much of a gap between the end of dinner and fireworks (if it's a 9.00pm show). Just enough time to get to your chosen viewing spot (eg the Marina, Narcossees landing) and get your drinks into your hands!
Citrico's set up the tables for us in a sort of 'keyhole' shape (large round table at one end and a long one leading off it).

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 11, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thankyou but I think we have sorted it! Managed to gt hold of someone really helpful on the Disney dining line last night who said narcoossee's shouldn't be a problem if we have the first sitting which is fine with us because as you said by the time we all decide what to eat in the first place and eat and hopefully have some cake after etc it probable won't be far off time for the fireworks.

We have moved our ceremony time forward a little bit to allow for the earlier seating at dinner so we still have time to get shots with Randy around the GF resort before we meet everyone else in narcoossees

My parents have also said thy are going to pay for a room at the GF for our wedding night as a present which we are over the moon about. What's the chances of a free upgrade to a honeymoon suite! Haha yeah right. Not sure when we'll
Check in and drop our bags off on the wedding day but I'm sure we can sort something out.

I'm hoping to get a personalised menu and a cake done for our narcoossee's meal - I found a great cake thread on the 'other forum' so think well have a mini version of our uk cake if we can get it - can we request fondant icing in the Disney bakery?
Old 14 Sep 11, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NYBride2be
Proud to wear my Ears

You lucky thing, a night in the GF! Thats looks like a treat!
Your plans are coming along nicely!
NYBride2be is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 11, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Citricos

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Have you tried Citrico's? They had no problem with sitting us together! I can PM you the e-mail address of the manager that we dealt with at Citrico's (Disney restaurant managers do move around a lot though, but I am sure she will be able to point you in the right direction if she has moved on! ). Let me know if you would like it!
Most Disney restaurants prefer to have large parties seated at the first sitting (5.30pm). You will probably finds that there is not too much of a gap between the end of dinner and fireworks (if it's a 9.00pm show). Just enough time to get to your chosen viewing spot (eg the Marina, Narcossees landing) and get your drinks into your hands!
Citrico's set up the tables for us in a sort of 'keyhole' shape (large round table at one end and a long one leading off it).

Thankyou for sending me the email address! you were right Vivian is wonderful, shes out of the office today but still emailed me back earlier. Looks like Narcoossee's is out due to the size of our group but she said Citrico's would be able to accomodate us so I think it may be our best option.

If you don't mind me asking Jo, how were they at accomodating your group, the only worry I have is that we have a few fussy eaters in our group and I'm worried the menu might be a bit too fancy for them. Did you get personalised menus when you ate there? The 2nd picture looks quite busy, did you feel like your group had enough space? I have rather a large dress lol! Sorry for all the questions!

Originally Posted by NYBride2be View Post
You lucky thing, a night in the GF! Thats looks like a treat!
Your plans are coming along nicely!
I know we are so lucky I can't wait to stay in the grand floridian should be a perfect end to the day!
Closed Thread