Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 12, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Aweseome day Emz, makes me look forward to going even more!

Just about the tat, I'd wait and get it done at home babe, you dont want it irritated in Florida, swimming pool stuff and suncream and all that other Florida jazz, just be careful when making the decision xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
Ah Em I have just spent the past 30 mins catching up with your trip report, as been away in not so sunny wales with the kids.

Your rings are beautiful, also love your mickey mouse ring as well.
The journey to the magic sounded plain sailing apart from the lack of beer.
Love those ribbons on your suitcases.
All your food pictures look scrummy.
Your discovery cove day looks amazing, we loved every single second of our day there, it really is worth the money, a cabanna makes it so much more special though.
I can still taste those oranges from dc, I most of took about 6 back to our room as the kids loved them.

Can not wait to read more of your trip and how the planning session went.
Have a wonderful Easter.
Hi Jane, hope you all had a great time in Wales?
I still wear my Mickey ring now on my other hand hehe, love it!
Yes I agree that cabana was really worthwhile, made the day even more special! How amazing were the oranges?! Yummy!
Thank you, just trying to get the photos all onto photobucket (Somehow we have 500 from teh week ) then I will get on with it as I have lots to update you all on! xxx

Originally Posted by bel View Post
FINALLY I have managed to read through your thread!

Dont know where to start but all sounds so fantastic! Love it all and your dress is sooo beautiful, perfect for a Florida wedding!

Your DC pics are great, where did you get to meet those birds and the armadillo? Totally missed out on that both times I have been!

Cant wait to keep up with future updates...

xxxx

(PS. BFL just means bump for later which means when I view my posts I see it and remember to go back to read later!)
Thanks Bel! The birds and armadillo were in a little cabana just by the restaurant, there is a times display up with who will be tehre when throughout the day, an excuse for you to go back?! lol.

Thanks for reading along xxx

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I'm all caught up

Love the rings. We have flown on Ruby Tuesday before and we have the same suitcase ribbon - hmm cant imagine where you got that from

DisCo looks amazing. We hope to do it in a couple of year when Paige is a more confident swimmer.

That bud light bottle brings back memories of Dine with Shamu a few years ago when our server kept bringing us more and more (well it was included) and then sent us away with a few more for good measure as we were about the only table that tipped him and chatted to him.
Hi Marie

Hehe love the suitcase ribbon, we have had some more made for our wedding party in purple to match our theme so look forward to hading those out!

Paige will love DisCo

Scott and Brian loved the Bud Light!

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Aweseome day Emz, makes me look forward to going even more!

Just about the tat, I'd wait and get it done at home babe, you dont want it irritated in Florida, swimming pool stuff and suncream and all that other Florida jazz, just be careful when making the decision xxx
Thanks Tabz, if I get my tattoo out there will be on the last day, don't worry! Although we are now planning KTTK tour so save it for another trip or somewhere back here xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Just read your report, its amazing. Love your dress and those cufflinks are wonderful what a lovely keepsake, glad you enjoyed DC
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Just read your report, its amazing. Love your dress and those cufflinks are wonderful what a lovely keepsake, glad you enjoyed DC
Thanks Tomdan Can't wait to give out the cufflinks!

Thank you for reading along
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Day 4 - Sunday 18th March - DTD, SSR and Ohana!

We got up quite early today, had breakfast in the villa, fruit and lucky charms, and left the villa at 9.30am as we had arranged to meet the lovely Carrie (Destination Occasion wedding planner!) at the Cricketers bar as it was showing the Chelsea match on TV...we found out at the Hilton Carrie was a Chelsea fan too so now I was even more outnumbered! Carrie has been helping me with some of the small touches for our day, and has been very helpful in allowing me to send some of my packages direct to her in Florida to save shipping costs to the UK.

I had my first driving attempt this morning, and glad to say I found it so easy and loved the automatic!

The sat nav sent us in kind of the wrong direction, getting off the I4 a few junctions early but Carrie had given us perfect instructions so after getting back onto the I4 we found her no problem, and arrived about 10.30am, missing a bit of football!

It was nice to finally meet Carrie after talking to her via email for so long and I look forward to seeing her again in October. We enjoyed a few drinks, but didn't eat here as we were saving ourselves for the Earl at DTD for lunch...YUM!

Carrie had my US Disneystore delivery with her which included our 7 dwarfs Disney Tradition which we have had our eye on for ages, and when the US Disney Store had the 25% off sale on with free delivery I couldn't resist! And also a few other bits in the sale, including our cake topper:

and my favourite purchase...my pink lady and the tramp tshirt!

We also collected our autograph book which I had made from Etsy, it is like a journal made with lots of pages out of childresn books of Disney couples so I look forward to getting it filled up on our trip, we have never done this before! It has pockets to put things in too so our KTTW cards can go in there as a keep sake along with anything else we want to keep. Here are a few of my favourite pages, Lady and the Tramp cover of course

Luckily Chelsea won 5-2 against Leicester in the FA Cup, so we left with everybody in good spirits, and followed Carrie on a back route to DTD, before she went off to get back to work!

We parked up and were all hungry so first stop was...

YUMMY! We had been looking forward to this since we left DLP in November!

Scott and I shared 2 sandwiches,

Hawaiian BBQ (Grilled chicken, Roasted ham, swiss cheese, fresh pineapple and Hawaiian BBQ sauce ... our fave!) and Full Montagu (Roast beef, turkey, swiss & cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and mustard). Mum and Brian both had Full Montagu too and The Original and shared too.

Nice and full and ready to explore, we decided to get the Disney bus to SSR to explore our home for October.

We got the bus from the Marketplace bus stop

And waited about 5 minutes before boarding, and going on a little trip to West Side stop, then Typhoon Lagoon before finally arriving at SSR...lesson learnt, much quicker to walk but it wasn't until we walked back we realised how close it was!

Old 9 Apr 12, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Day 4 - Sunday 18th March - Part 2 SSR Exploring!

We got off the bus at the first bus stop, and had a wander around, wow this resort is big, but everything was perfectly tidy and it was so peaceful, we can't wait to stay here in October now!

We saw these little guys from the bridge

Love the Mickey balconies

So we were very close to reception when we got off the bus, but it was nice to explore... and finally we found it!

We were greeted by 2 wonderful CMs (So nice to be back at Disney!) who asked if they could help us, we told them about our wedding and asked if it would be possible to look around a studio and a 2 bedroom apartment please so I can make sure there is enough room to get ready. This was no problem at all, so after we were loaded with Mickey stickers, and they were up to date on our wedding plans, our lift arrived!

(It would have been quicker to walk but hey it was fun!)

FIrst we went to room 3421, a 2 bed. 4 of my BMs have booked a 2 bed and this is where I plan to get ready on the big day, along with 8 BMs, a flower girl and my Mum so wanted to check it out...and I was not disappointed, it is HUGE so no worries on this front any more

Then we went to room 3223, a studio which is what everyone else has

So we are happy! I would love to upgrade our room, but to be honest we won't be spending much time in there and I think the extra £1000 can be better spent on fun things for our Disneymoon!

We then walked back to DTD, through SSR and along the river, perfect and it was only about 10 minutes from Reception so this will be very handy in October to get to the Resort buses when we have an ADR, or to just get to DTD!

Here are some photos of our journey!

Seems we are quite into animals this trip!

The views from SSR to DTD are fab!

Not long now Sarah!

Old 9 Apr 12, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Day 4 - Sunday 18th March - Part 3 DTD Shopping!

Safely back to DTD after a nice wander along the river, and taking much less time that the bus (!) we left Mum and Brian enjoying a coffee in the sun and Scott and I went off shopping!

I had a bit of a list from my fellow Disney bride dieters, along with a cake toper for a colleague at work (Spreading the DIsney magic wherever I go!) and we wanted toasting flutes from Arribas, and bridal ears headband for me to wear on Honeymoon! Plus Nan had kindly given us some money each for a wedding present so we could choose something to keep.

So that was our first stop off, we knew what we wanted after spending hours in the Art of Disney shop last year...

We love watching the Artists in here, and listening to their stories, amazing.

And here is our wedding present which we fell in love with last year! (Which we took with us instead of shipping as "I am sure our suitcase is big enough, we have loads of room ")

Can't wait to put it up when our lounge is all finally fixed and damp free!

So as you can imagine, this is in a big old box...drop that off with Mum and Brian so we can continue hehe.

Next stop was Arribas Bros

where we got 2 sets of Mickey head cufflinks for NatsyNoo and Tabz, and then went on to order our toasting flutes with the rest of Nan's money, we want the castle ones and "Happily Ever After", the wedding date and Mr and Mrs engraved on them...only 1 in stock! So he confirmed they can engrave them on the day if we come back in October, or we can also order online so all is not lost!

We saw this beauty...nice price tag!

Next stop, World of Disney

We completed the compulsory hat shots!

(Matched our wedding colours perfectly hehe)

No bridal headbands, only that hat which I am not too keen on. I asked a CM and he told us to try the Christmas shop for the headbands though.

We did get a cake topper for my colleague, some more magnets, and a golf ball for my Dad though...tempted with more Traditions but we resisted...we have to fit that canvas in the case now remember!

Quick pose...

Or 2...

Maybe 3...

Went to the Christmas shop...only those hats, oh dear...

Time to cheer ourselves up with a Ghiradellis, peanut butter milkshake for me and a coke float for Scotty, Mum and Brian wanted Mint chocolate chip but they had run out so nothing, saving room for Ohana tonight instead, us fatties couldn't resist!

Here is Scott carrying our canvas with a cleverly made handle!

Mum and Brian were happy to see Nessie

Then we drove home, where there was time for a quick round of showers, then we got ready for our favourite WDW restaurant for tonight's dinner ADR...Ohana!

Old 9 Apr 12, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
What a lovely day so far, and glad the CM's were so helpful in showing you around and allaying your fears on the space

Look forward to reading the rest of the day
Old 9 Apr 12, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Day 4 - Sunday 18th March - Part 4 Ohana and Wishes :o)

I offered to drive tonight, I was getting the hang of it now and wanted as much practice as possible with Brian in the car (Scott can't drive) so that I know if we are to ever hire a car on our own I will be ok, mission accomplished!

Wishes was on tonight at 10pm so our ADR was 8pm, we arrived just before, checked in and were given a buzzer but only had to wait 5 minutes for our table,

Yummy!

Did I mention we love this place Scott was so excited to be back!

Our server brought over our salad with honey lime dressing, even this is amazing! And Ohana welcome bread which we all enjoyed, but lesson shared don't eat too much of that as you need to save room, the best is yet to come!

Cheers!

Next up, appetizers, pork dumplings with sweet and sour sauce and honey coriander chicken wings.

And them comes the meat, served fresh from the servers' skewers onto your plate, they were very generous this year giving us a few chunks of each

All the meat and fish is prepared over an oak fire in the middle of the restaurant, you can choose from (Or if you are like us try all 4!) pork loin, steak, chicken and prawns. Pork wasteh favourite between us.

These are served with dipping sauces: peanut, spicy mustard and sweet and sour.

Along with stir fried vegetables and noodles tossed in teriyaki sauce

Finally, make sure you save room! Dessert...Ohana Bread Pudding made with bananas and caramel sauce served with ice cream... Amazing, my favourite part!

We also wore our Just Engaged pins today as we only got a couple of days out of them last year, so we were also given a celebratory cupcake

We were entertanied with a Hawaiian singer

And left with very full bellies but very happy!

We then walked down through the marina, and made ourselves comfortable on sunloungers, ready to watch Wishes over the lake...back to where Scotty proposed almost a year ago, magic!

It was a bit chilly out here and we didn't bring any cardies, but used our leis to keep warm!

A beautiful view over the lake of the castle

Sadly no electrical water pageant tonight, but we could faintly hear the magical Wishes soundtrack when the fireworks began, I love this show so much!

Cannot wait to view these across the lake on our wedding night!

Another perfect evening at Disney, we drove back to the villa, luckily didn't get stick in any traffic leaving the parks, still with very full bellies, but ready for bed as tomorrow is Seaworld.

Old 9 Apr 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
What a lovely day so far, and glad the CM's were so helpful in showing you around and allaying your fears on the space

Look forward to reading the rest of the day
Hi Sans,

They were so helpful so I am pleased we made the time to go and have a look around

Glad you are enjoying it!

Closed Thread