Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 13, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i198g View Post
30ths, same date as us *fingers crossed it all goes to plan*

Hoodies just the 1 day? Thats brilliant, I was wondering how it would be compared to UK head in summer but thank you. I'll tell Vicky tonight and she'll be pleased
Yeah just the one day where we had them on all day , there were a few mornings and evenings when we needed them but the average day temp we had was mid 70's . I know a few people have been at the same time and it has been very cold so just pack for all weather Happy planning !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

Aww loved the trip report you did and tumbled across this, very excited to read about your wedding plans in walt disney world no less! Looking foward to more updates, good luck with the plans
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 13, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Yeah just the one day where we had them on all day , there were a few mornings and evenings when we needed them but the average day temp we had was mid 70's . I know a few people have been at the same time and it has been very cold so just pack for all weather Happy planning !
Brilliant, good to hear Thank youu

Originally Posted by charandcubby View Post
Aww loved the trip report you did and tumbled across this, very excited to read about your wedding plans in walt disney world no less! Looking foward to more updates, good luck with the plans
Hello again
Thank you, we're getting there slow and steady
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 13, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Ian & Vicky's wedding Blog 04 - May 2013

Good morning!
May has been a great month because we finally went ahead and booked our 'holiday' with the free dining and the $200 gift card

Choosing a Photographer
So we sat down and spent hours looking at all the different styles, finally we settled on David & Vicki Arndt. Woooooooooooooooooo!
We sent them a cheeky wee email to ask if it's possible to book them this far in advance and also give some ideas to them that we have, and also to ask about the packages they offer. Vicki replied pretty quickly actually with a great deal.
Now we face the choice of having them for all the wedding photos, then they go away while we dine at Citricos and come back after the meal for fireworks photos...ORRRR have them stay from the wedding 2/3pm, through the meal and until the evening. Has anyone done this and do you pay for the 2 hours or so you are dining, or do they taken it unpaid and dine with you also? *confused*

Ring shopping
Again we went round looking for wedding bands in Argyll Arcade but it's too expensive in there. Vicky saw some nice ones and I saw the security guards/butlers knocking about which was funny.

Our Booking.

Flight from Manchester on November 30th 2014, returning on 18th December to Manchester.
18 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter, tickets for the duration of our stay and the standard Disney Dining Plan Whayy! Can't WAIT to go eat at those restaurants.
Flight prices came out at Ł662 return

Save the Month
Okay so we finally got the Save the Date cards from my tattooist earlier this month, we edited it in Photoshop to change the background around, then Vicky got them printed onto round edged Magnets. We sent them off to our guests with a nice hand written message and a photo which best represents them.

Confirmed attendees
So besides our booking, we have also had some of our friends and family book the holiday:
Vicky's parents - Same flight staying 7 Days (1st timers)
Our friend Astrid - Same flight staying 10 Days (Last visited in 1999)
Our friend Ash - Same flight staying 10 Days (Last visited in 2001)
My parents - Same flight staying 14 Days (Last visited in 1994)

Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Okay so we're still settled on the same restaurants pretty much for the first 7 days, that's 6 TS credits so we have:
'Ohana (1DDP)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (2DDP)
*Wedding meal*

Via Napoli (1DDP)
50s Prime Time (1DDP)
Sanaa (1DDP)

We also NEED to eat at Be Our Guest with everyone so on day 7 we will arrive super early for lunch because it should only cost us 1CS each

Finally here are two bonus photos. My mum attempted to make the cheesecake from POP Century:

It was very nice

That is all for now, thank you for reading
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 13, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Great update ! We will be on the same flight going out good choice with POFQ . Love the save the date magnets . I am glad I am not the only one working out ADR's over 500 days out

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Great update ! We will be on the same flight going out good choice with POFQ . Love the save the date magnets . I am glad I am not the only one working out ADR's over 500 days out
Thank you Lauren
There are 2 flights out and I asked Disney about this, apparently we'll be on the early one but if not they said I can just phone up and change. (Hope so anyway as I've planned for us all to eat at 'Ohana the arrival day at 8pm) eek.

Working out ADR's this far in advance is great too, but it sucks knowing how far away it is until you can eat there
Old 5 Jun 13, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i198g View Post
Thank you Lauren
There are 2 flights out and I asked Disney about this, apparently we'll be on the early one but if not they said I can just phone up and change. (Hope so anyway as I've planned for us all to eat at 'Ohana the arrival day at 8pm) eek.

Working out ADR's this far in advance is great too, but it sucks knowing how far away it is until you can eat there
They normally only do the one flight on a Sunday from Manchester in late Nov/ Dec , its usually just after 11am I know , I can't stop looking at menus though ha!

Old 6 Jun 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Everything looks great! We had dinner at Be Our Guest last night, sat in the west wing right besides the rose, it was amazing! The queue for lunch was right back to Gaston's so I think you are right to get there as early as possible. Just make sure the rest of your group realise how important it is to get there early, we've had a nightmare this trip getting everyone to the right place at the right time (and on time) with such a large group.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 13, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Ian & Vicky's wedding Blog 05 - June/July 2013

Hello
This report is split between both June & July because June was pretty slow going for us, but here goes:

**June**

Kilt Booking
We went to choose everything for the kilt, from the tartan to the lining on the inside of the jacket and back of the waistcoat. I paid the deposit for it and left the shop with a check in date of NEXT June to get measured for them to make it, seems so long away and its the same for Vicky now with her dress. At least those 2 things are out of the way. PS - Sorry there are no photos of the outfit or any similar ones just yet, but there is the sporran we choose. Its much softer than the one included in the package but worth the extra:

Confirmed attendees +2
Our friends Nicola & Fung made the big decision to come along for 10 days so here is out guest list now:
Vicky's parents - Same flight staying 7 Days (1st timers)
Our friend Ash - Same flight staying 10 Days (Last visited WDW in 2003)
Our friend Astrid - Same flight staying 10 Days (Last visited WDW in 1999)
Our friends Nicola & Fung - Same flight staying 10 Days (1st timers to Disney World, Nicola has been to Disneyland in 2009)
My parents - Same flight staying 14 Days (Last visited in WDW 1993 I think?)

**July**
Party for guests to meet
So with the nice weather coming about we tried to get most of our guests to meet. 50% of our guests are from Burnley and 50% from Glasgow so we hosted it at my parents house in Burnley. We had both our parents there, Vickys friend Astrid, my friend Ash and our mutual friend Dan (Who is a high possibility). Unfortunately Nicola & Fung couldn't attend because they were in Turkey but next time we'll have a meet up somewhere in Glasgow in December.
We had Mickey themed cupcakes, Disney goody bags for guests with American Candy in.
Now some photos

We made up goody bags for our guests (and parents), they also had in CDs we made for them with some park music we like, most of the park maps we had left over and some haribo.

Some group photos

Vicky & my mum

Vicky, Astrid, Vickys mum, me & Ashley

Oh, and Dan!

Some of the food we had

My mum went crazy with the baking

Deposit for Photography
We went and paid our Deposit to Vicki & David Arndt for our photography, we love love love their work and are happy they want to work with us. So far Vicki has been speaking to Vicky And we've got a big questionnaire to fill in but might wait until next year incase we think of better ideas of photos

I got this photo from their FB page.
facebook/OrlandoWeddings

That is all for the last 2 months, its been slow and steady like Casey Jnr.
Old 31 Jul 13, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsWoody View Post
Everything looks great! We had dinner at Be Our Guest last night, sat in the west wing right besides the rose, it was amazing! The queue for lunch was right back to Gaston's so I think you are right to get there as early as possible. Just make sure the rest of your group realise how important it is to get there early, we've had a nightmare this trip getting everyone to the right place at the right time (and on time) with such a large group.
Sounds great about BOG, but also daunting about a large group. I'm currently reading through your report! Need to catch up though as i've not checked in a few days
Closed Thread