Notices

Old 25 Apr 13, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Two teenage daughters and me - August 2013

Posting this today means that I've just watched my countdown finally go from triple digits down to double digits

UPDATE on page 8 It's Next Month update
This is my first ever pre-trip report so I’m probably going to waffle a lot and wouldn’t blame anyone for skipping over it
The Cast
Me, Carol, 39. This trip is an early 40th present to me. We was going to go in 2014 but I decided to bring it forward a year

Ok, so it’s an old photo – but it’s the favourite of me!
DD Rachel, 16.
Will have just finished GCSE’s when we go. She’s pretty level headed, but fun-loving. Not into the big rides, but is going to try some of the non-coasters – especially looking forward to Hogsmeade. Even though she’s 16, she’ll happily be posing for photos with characters

DD Chloe, 13.
Unable to sit still, always dancing! She can be loud and excitable, bit hyper. Loves the big coasters but wasn’t tall enough for them all when we last went so can’t wait to try them all this time. Will constantly be posing, and taking ‘selfies’ on her camera – same as every day! Constantly bringing me her ipod to show me things she’s found on youtube that she wants to do/see in Orlando.

Both girls dance every night, so most of my photos of Chloe are more like this style

She has already told me she’s going to do poses all round Florida with her leg up by the side of her head!
This is them together at HP Studios, Leavesden and they can’t wait to try the frozen one

This will be the girls’ second trip to Orlando, my third.
I first went in 1991, when I was 17 with my parents and my sister. We stayed in a Howard Johnson that was near to the Old Church Street Station. We did all the main parks inc Busch Gardens. There was no DC, IOA, AK, Blizzard Beach or Aquatica then and DHS was still MGM
In 2008 my Dad retired and took all of us to Orlando for Christmas/New Year. It was my parents, sister, her husband, me and my two girls. We stayed in CBR for two weeks and did all the Disney parks except TL as it was being refurbished, and US, IOA, SW. Rachel was 11 and Chloe 9.
This was Christmas Eve and my favourite photo of the whole trip.

Scooting forwards five years and I’m planning (almost finished) our first trip as just the three of us.

We fly 3rd August from Heathrow, staying over the night before. Our flight is via Philadelphia. We are booked into the Ramada Plaza near Wet n Wild, for 17 nights. I had to reduce the 21 nights I’d originally hoped for because of other things. The girls’ theatre company are doing a summer workshop of Matilda finishing on the Friday, that both girls wanted to do. Then Rachel wanted to be back for GCSE results day on the 22nd – which now means we fly back on the 20th, to land on the 21st so she’s back in time for those all too scary results

I’ve already purchased (and received) 14 day passes for Disney, Universal and booked Discovery Cove Ultimate Swim package so including BG, SW and Aquatica.

DC is booked for the day that would’ve been my 19th wedding anniversary. Kind of a bittersweet memory day as my husband died in 2001. So it’ll be nice to spend the day doing something extra special with my two lovely daughters.

Also booked are my ADR’s – character breakfasts at CP and TH, character lunch at Gdn Grill, plus Fantasmic package at H&V and last night dinner at LTT. Bought tickets for the character lunch at BG as my oldest daughter’s nickname is Elmo! I’ve also got tickets for the Universal character breakfast as the girls want to meet the Minions!

Staying on International Drive, and not driving, so have bought the 7 day passes for the Lynx bus, which have also arrived. Have also bought the Eat and Play card as we’ll be eating offsite a lot.

Last time we went, neither of the girls were into labels. Rachel got Converse and Chloe got Nike trainers but that's about it. Now they love their Hollister etc too, so we'll be packing lightly to be able to shop lots.

So with plan in place, dollars ready to spend and a box full of holiday items – just a wait of 99 days til we can head off – none of us can wait

Thanks for reading x
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay

Edited at 10:34 AM.
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great pre - trippy - all sounding good.
Love the photo of your two girls from your last trip.
I expect you'll be spending a lot of time in Abercrombie , Hollister and Juicy !
Looking forward to reading more .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Thanks Helen
Your countdown looks similar to mine too x
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Sounds fab.
I have 2 boys, the last time they went they were 9 & 6, and this time they will be 14 & 12, so we are all looking forward to doing the "big rides" this time too. It is always a fab holiday, but it will be fun in a different way going with teens, I can't wait!
We are also doing Discovery Cove for the first time too, as you said it will be a special day for all of you, and for you to remember your wedding anniversary. I hope that you have a fab holiday, and I look forward to any updates.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Thank you Klare x
Old 25 Apr 13, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Howdy countdown partner!

Great pre-trippy and lovely pics. The one with the leg up by the side of the head made me giggle. One of my dd's loves irish dancing but is rather shy so I'm hoping to persuade her to get up and dance when we go to Raglan Road for my birthday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Lovely pre-trippie

We are less than 2 weeks behind you and I'm 'thinking' about doing a pre-trippie but not sure I'm brave enough

The girls are gorgeous! Loving the dance moves If we spot the girls strutting their stuff we'll say hello
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds like you have everything planned, those 99 days will fly by and before you know it you will all be out here enjoying those plans and the sunshine. Hope you have a great trip :o)
Old 25 Apr 13, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wotever View Post
Sounds like you have everything planned, those 99 days will fly by and before you know it you will all be out here enjoying those plans and the sunshine. Hope you have a great trip :o)
Thank you
Looking at it that I booked at 133 days - a 1/4 of that has gone already
Old 25 Apr 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Lovely pre-trippie

We are less than 2 weeks behind you and I'm 'thinking' about doing a pre-trippie but not sure I'm brave enough

The girls are gorgeous! Loving the dance moves If we spot the girls strutting their stuff we'll say hello
I'd never done one before, never did a trip report either - but I'm planning to do that too. Give it a go

Thank you