Joan
Old 2 Jul 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Now that is my kind of compromise!

Great start. Now are you sure, what with this being the last trip for a couple of years, and Isabel's last trip pre secondary school, that your not going to write a trip report? Hint hint lol
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Lovely pics of your previous trips. That was a bit of a close call for a while there, but so glad you got your way. I'm sure you'll all enjoy your holiday, even Cliff

Looking forward to Part 2...

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading more!
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am very excited to hear about all your compromising! August and it's sweltering weather was always going to mean a very different trip from your usual ones. Three weeks was a brilliant idea as it will give you so much more downtime.

Don't worry too much about Isabel moving up to 'big school'. My friend's daughter made the leap last year, she has a sister around Amelia's age and it has really helped to keep her young. I'm sure she is the epitome of cool when she's with her friends but is still happy to debate at length about who the best Bratz doll is (Chloe apparently, I say Yasmin).
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Compromise officially reached ! , best of both worlds really , totally get where you are coming from regarding going back whilst the kids are still in the Disney groove , secondary school has a strange effect on kids once they step over the assembly hall line on Day 1 !.

Im in the same boat as you guys , my eldest Charlie starts secondary school in August and the last few months have been a whirlwind of meetings & arguements ( he has aspergers so the option of not going to mainstream school was broached by the education board only to be shot down by moi ) assemblies , shows , residential trips , kilt fittings for proms etc etc so I totally understand how much of a commitment it is for yourself to start another trip report , but I think I can say that there are quite a few thousand readers from your last trip report that are glad you are going to be making the effort !

Loved the whole Winnebago / Phil Dunphy shennanigans , loved Fridays episode where all the Dads driving the hell-on-wheels all gather round Phil and share war-stories , he is comedy gold. The whole white water rafting West Coast Adventure looks great fun but I think you got it just right by the compromise

The kids would probably be able to do more on that type of holiday when they were older anyhoo ..

There's still lots to explore in Florida anyway...Miami , down to the Keys etc , Cuba day trip !

Anyway , hope you enjoy your planning & looking forward to reading all about it !

Cheers
Dave

PS 2 days into the school holidays & the kids have already been chucked out into the rain to play...new record...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Aggghhhh! See, this is what I meant in my pre-trippy! There are like a billion PTR/TRs that I just can't get round to reading! I keep trying to start/catch-up, then realise that I have about a hundred comments to reply to on all my posts! I spent two hours replying to my highs and lows comments the other evening and then ended up going to bed! This is why I should never have started a new one! x
Kate , this is me too Too many fab reports and just not enough time
Determined to keep up with this one though and saving your last one for a day when am left in peace to read it with no interruptions
You will have a great time , August is fab
Super read, thank you xx
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

ps - My OH REALLY wants to do the RV thing round Lake Ontario - but you only have to look at how whingey our kids our on car journeys and all our , ahem, flushgate nightmares to know that just isn't going to work - maybe your hubby and mine could team up and go on a Man road trip , LOL
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Now, waiting patiently ..ish ... for the next installment! What's the compromise? Where are you staying?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
gotta love a compromise

Had to laugh as my first thought with the winnebago was Modern Family, and lo and behold Phil appeared

Can identify so much with what you were saying about Isabel. my youngest Ffion has been working hard throughout the year with sats as her school want to maintain their outstanding status. She's here now on the wii practicing her dance routine for the leaver's assembly in a couple of weeks (some of them are dancing to scissor sisters I don't feel like dancing - goodness knows what else we are going to be entertained with ). Can't quite believe that the primary school bubble is about to burst

look forward to hearing more of your plans

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List