abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Oh wow what a snack list . Hope you get to sample them
Me too
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 15, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Disney Table Service Plans

Another day spent researching food... (actually several days of both me & Aaron scouring food reports) and I think we have settled on our all important ADR plans! Its a good 2 1/2 months until out 180 day countdown but as I was taught as a Girl Guide, you have to be prepared

With only having 5 nights on site we are very limited with our plans, given the fact that we want to do a signature we have been left to whittle down the numerous choices of amazing on site restaurant to a final list of just 4 . So what have we planned? A good balance of 2 old favourites & 2 brand spanking new choices!

Planned ADR bookings

Old faves up first, we have my favourite onsite restaurant of all time... BOMA!

This will be the 5th visit here having done it twice in 2011 and twice in 2013! The setting is gorgeous, in our Honeymoon hotel which adds to the appeal Im sure The food is pretty spectacular too! So pinching pics from our last visit, this is what I plan to be stuffing my face with in October 2015

Next up is Ohana Back in 2013 we didn't have the best service here but the food was so incredible that I need to visit again! We are planning on eating here with our friends Emma & Ben & I think this will be the night I pick to celebrate my 30th birthday! That justifies a few Lapu Lapu's right? Again, stolen pics from 2013, you've all seen this food before Im sure but here we go anyway.

Onto somewhere new, I have considered this place before but never actually gone ahead with a booking, this time im determined to see it through! The Grand Floridian Cafe.

There are a few things on the menu I would like to try, the following included.

Grand Sandwich

New York Strip Steak

Fish Tacos

The puds there look pretty good too!

And finally we have our signature, The California Grill . This was closed for a refurb on our last DDP visit and so it's a must do this trip. Its constantly given amazing write ups on the Dibb and the menu looks amazing.

I really fancy trying the Pork Two Ways

The Oak Fired Filet Steak also looks incredible!

And the desserts... well a chocolate Pudding Cake, go on then!

Im really determined not to change my mind between now & the holiday as I have a bad habit of begin incredibly fickle. if I do though, our back up choices include, Via Napoli, Yachtsman Steakhouse & Teppan Edo. If only I had more time

Edited at 05:39 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 15, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

A fab start we're also staying at the rosen plaza and saratoga springs.

Well done on narrowing down your ADRS choices - I massively struggled narrowing the list down for 9 nights!
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Loving all the plans so far I follwoed your last New York report and picked up some good foodie places we visited so looking out for some new eats for next year. If your going to magnolia bakery in New York defo try the banana pudding and the salted caramel cookies in fact I've probably sampled most things in the shop oops lol my dad stays opposite one in doha and every time we are there we visit it every other day.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 15, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by macdonald88 View Post
Loving all the plans so far I follwoed your last New York report and picked up some good foodie places we visited so looking out for some new eats for next year. If your going to magnolia bakery in New York defo try the banana pudding and the salted caramel cookies in fact I've probably sampled most things in the shop oops lol my dad stays opposite one in doha and every time we are there we visit it every other day.
Thanks for the tip! Salted caramel cookies are right up my street Im just narrowing down my food choices for proper meals in NY and finding it hard!

Originally Posted by Scruffette View Post
A fab start we're also staying at the rosen plaza and saratoga springs.

Well done on narrowing down your ADRS choices - I massively struggled narrowing the list down for 9 nights!
Great minds hey

I know, it was hard work! There are so many places I still want to try but I find it really hard to ignore the ones we have previously had amazing meals at too! Im a creature of habit
Old 21 Feb 15, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Yet another glorious food report to look forward to ! We recently changed our trip to 3 weeks so will be doing 20-27th Sep at AOA and then 28th-11th Oct at Rosen International look forward to your plans.

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Yet another glorious food report to look forward to ! We recently changed our trip to 3 weeks so will be doing 20-27th Sep at AOA and then 28th-11th Oct at Rosen International look forward to your plans.
Overlapping on Idrive then, i might spot you in Millers

Are you doing a trippy from you trip last year?
Old 23 Feb 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Final accomodation bookings made!

So this morning I made our final 2 accommodation bookings. The prices had remained low for the hotels I was after so I bit the bullet before they increased.

Rosen Inn International (nr Wet N Wild) - 4th October 2015

This one is a very cheap stop over, we have paid £35.00 (with cashback of 3%, every little helps ). We have stayed here twice before and although its not at our preferred location on Idrive the hotel is actually great for the money. Large clean rooms and friendly staff. We will only be here for about 10 hours having landed at MCO at 9.30pm from NY and needing to set of to RPR very early the next day. I did consider booking the Rosen Plaza but being that little bit closer to Universal seemed like a good idea for the next morning.

Rosen Plaza - 6th October 2015

This is the same hotel we have booked for the following 3 nights so hopefully I can link the reservations at the reception desk and not have to move rooms. We have booked through Travel Republic again & are paying £45 for the one night.

So that finalises all our accommodation, to recap we have...

3 nights @ the Broadway Plaza in New York
1 night @ Rosen Inn nr Wet N Wild
1 night @ Royal Pacific Resort
4 nights @ Rosen Plaza
5 nights @ Saratoga Springs Resort

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Old 23 Feb 15, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
You have a great sounding trip planned.

Those New York snacks look absolutely amazing, especially that cronut! I can see why people queued from 5am!

Great flight prices and it is good having all the accommodation booked.

I think even with 3 weeks of being on the dining plan we would struggle to fit in all the places we would like to go.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
You have a great sounding trip planned.

Those New York snacks look absolutely amazing, especially that cronut! I can see why people queued from 5am!

Great flight prices and it is good having all the accommodation booked.

I think even with 3 weeks of being on the dining plan we would struggle to fit in all the places we would like to go.
Thanks for reading. yes the trip should be incredible, two of our favourite places in one holiday!

I would love to try a Cronut! They look amazing!