Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 15, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by rens View Post
Lovely update!
Paradise Cove looks so idyllic-I'm sure you'll get some amazing wedding snaps!

Your ADR and wishes cruise booking sounds so stressful. Glad you got it all sorted in the end
I hope we get some good wedding snaps there too

It was really stressful! I'm so glad we got it all sorted and can now look back on it and laugh! x

Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
My goodness, this is just so perfect! Amazing plans, you are going to have the best best best day ever! xx
Thank you, that's so sweet of you x

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I am so excited for your Wedding day! I love everything you have planned and just can't wait! xx
Me too! I want the time to hurry up, but I also don't want it to be over! x

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Loving all your plans
Thank you, should hopefully have an update on the holiday plans soon x

Originally Posted by Hodgy28 View Post
Oh my gosh this all sounds amazing how exciting for you all its gonna fly in too... Loving all the updates too
Aw thank you! I know we're all very excited x

Originally Posted by dolphinlou View Post
It really will be here before you know it! Fab updates and wishes will be amazing on that boat!
I know, I love Wishes so watching it from the boat should be lovely Fingers crossed it won't rain! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Holiday Plans

Back when we gave out our invites we basically told all of our family that this was the plan of what we wanted to do, and they were more than welcome to come for some of it or all of it. Everyone decided that they were going to come for all of it!

This is what was booked initially!

Sunday 11th to Friday 23rd October
A 1 bed villa at OKW was booked for Dave’s parents and brother. And a 2 bed villa was booked for my parents, Lisa’s family and Ryan’s family. These bookings both include the free DDP. My parents kindly offered for us to use their DVC points to book a studio so we could have a room to ourselves.

Friday 23rd to Monday 26th October
We booked the Disney Dream 3 night sailing on Friday 23rd October. A category 05E, deluxe oceanview stateroom with a veranda. Everyone else also booked the same cruise 

Monday 26th October to Thursday 29th October
We were then going to stay in a Universal hotel for 3 nights but were too far in advance at the time to book this and also the flights. So for now we just had OKW and the Dream booked!

Roll on one sunny day last August and my Dad phones me while I am at work … the conversation went something like this…

Dad: Have you seen your emails?
Dan: No not recently why?
Dad: I don’t want to tell you this but the cruise we have booked on has been cancelled!
Dan: You’re joking?! :angry:

I was genuinely shocked and couldn’t believe it! Sure enough I checked my emails and there it was. I phoned Lisa straight away and she had received the same email too. Luckily my work were very understanding and I went straight on the phone to Disney Cruise Line. Basically the 3 cruises for the time we were on holiday had all been cancelled due to the Dream going into dry dock. I got told we could change and sail on another cruise, pay the increase and have $250 on board credit or cancel. The problem was, the only cruise we could possibly go on was 4 night sailing on Monday 26th October, and as you can see above, this would change our holiday plans and we would have to fly home a day later. Which obviously isn’t a problem adding an extra day to the holiday, it was the additional cost to everyone that I was worried about.

After numerous phone calls to DCL and a couple of days for us all to decide what we wanted to do … we all decided to book the 4 night cruise and extend our holiday, yay! We originally wanted to do a 4 night cruise, but it didn’t fit into our plans, so maybe this was a blessing in disguise!

So here are our actual plans

Saturday 10th October
Travel up to Manchester and stay at the Marriott Manchester Airport. We wanted something a bit more special for our Honeymoon

Sunday 11th to Thursday 22nd October
We are staying at OKW in a deluxe studio using my parents DVC points.

Thursday 22nd to Monday 26th October
Myself and Dave are staying at Portofino Bay for 4 nights, so we are hoping to make great use of the FOTL passes! We were originally going to stay here for 3 nights, but bizarrely it was cheaper to stay for 4 nights! Dave’s parents and brother will be staying at Royal Pacific and my family are staying at Kidani Village for these nights.

Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October
We are all going on the Disney Dream for 4 nights and we cannot wait! Dave and I have booked a category 05E, deluxe oceanview stateroom with a veranda on level 10 at the back of the ship

Everybody else flies home on Friday when we get off the Dream, but Dave and I didn’t want to fly home the day we get off the ship and fancied a couple of days by ourselves

Friday 30th October to Sunday 1st November
My parents have again kindly offered for us to use their DVC points for our last 2 nights They booked Kidani village at the 11 month window, then we were going to see if we could book anything when the 7 month window opened up. I wasn’t hopeful because it was a weekend, over the food and wine festival and Halloween! However, we somehow managed to book the Polynesian! Nothing else was available, but somehow this was so I booked it straight away! We are both so excited as we have always wanted to stay there but never thought we would be able to afford it!

I haven’t mentioned it, so thought I best but we booked our flights, literally on the day they became available with Virgin Atlantic using miles and money at £625.48 each, which we were more than happy with

So there you have it, our 3 week Wedding/Honeymoon! Thanks again for reading! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 15, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I am so jealous of you staying at Portofino Bay and especially of staying at the Poly! You are going to have to take sooo many photos for us.xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 15, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Sounds lovely! You've inspired us to look into paradise cove and we've really fallen for it! Just waiting for a response from Helen! Your plans are great wish we could do 3 weeks again but jay can't get the time off work!
Old 16 May 15, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Omg this just all looks amazing , def a blessing in disguise the cruise canceling now it all worked out for the better
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Oh it all sounds fantastic, i bet you're so excited now!
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 15, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I am so jealous of you staying at Portofino Bay and especially of staying at the Poly! You are going to have to take sooo many photos for us.xx
I know, we're so lucky to be staying at the Poly We will be taking lots of photos, I just need to get a new camera first! x

Originally Posted by Lissa_x View Post
Sounds lovely! You've inspired us to look into paradise cove and we've really fallen for it! Just waiting for a response from Helen! Your plans are great wish we could do 3 weeks again but jay can't get the time off work!
Aw thank you! That's lovely, I hope Helen has come back to you, I find she always responds really quickly! When are you planning for? We've never been for 3 weeks before, so we're really looking forward to it but I don't think Dave will let us again lol! x

Originally Posted by Hodgy28 View Post
Omg this just all looks amazing , def a blessing in disguise the cruise canceling now it all worked out for the better
Thank you! It was stressful at the time but yes we can now look back at it and see it as a blessing in disguise! x

Originally Posted by dolphinlou View Post
Oh it all sounds fantastic, i bet you're so excited now!
Yes we're all really excited! We can't wait for it to come, but we're also really enjoying the planning x

Old 22 May 15, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
All your accom looks amazing, you wont want to come home LOL xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 15, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
All your accom looks amazing, you wont want to come home LOL xx
I know I'm afraid of that! I don't want the planning to be over because then we'll have been! x

Old 31 May 15, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Exciting News

Hope everyone had a good bank holiday last weekend! To say we had an amazing bank holiday is an understatement! I got a phone call from my sister Michelle on Sunday morning … she wanted to know how it would affect our wedding day if her and her family of 5 came along! Of course I said it wouldn’t at all! We were absolutely ecstatic that they were going to come with us now!

Me and Dave got engaged last June and started planning the wedding straight away, and Michelle had said they wouldn’t be able to make it due to financial circumstances. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t been waiting/hoping for them to change their mind! I was absolutely over the moon and couldn’t wait for everyone else to find out!

Throughout Sunday, Michelle told the rest of the family and we are all soooooo excited that they are going to make it now! None of us could believe it and it still doesn’t feel real! I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like everything’s all complete now that they are coming because our whole immediate family will be there

We have all been scouring the internet looking for the best deal for them and have narrowed it down to two options of which they should be booking over the next week!

So now for the additional cast members of our trip!

My sister Michelle, her partner Jamie, my 2 nieces Sydney (aged 6) & Kori (aged 3) and my only nephew Saxon (who will have just turned 1 when we go)!

Back to when I got off the phone to Michelle, I looked at what dining reservations we could book for her (as you do)! We couldn’t get many, but luckily we managed to make a reservation for California Grill on the wedding day! After I secured this, I emailed Helen our wedding planner to check it was okay to add them on for the wedding day. Luckily the package we booked was for the right amount of people we have and it’s not going to cost us any more money to add them on

Phew, we can relax now the wedding day is sorted!

Apologies this is only a short update, I was just really excited and wanted to let you know our wedding party was now complete

Closed Thread