Notices

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Dorian - Message from Barclays Bank

Had a text from Barclays offering assistance with our account if we are affected by Hurricane Dorian. We hadn't told them we were going away so they must have got this info from our transactions.

They are offering help with our account, cash and cards. I'm not sure exactly what they can do but it might help if you suddenly need to book hotel rooms/flights out of pocket and need additional funds?

We're home now but just thought I'd post in case anyone affected finds this useful. I haven't had a message like this before and I don't know if I'd think to ring my bank in this situation.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh this is interesting... we have the insurance via Barclays from our account... glad they are on the ball and aware of Dorian. Thanks for your post.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for this our insurance with Barclays
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

That's really interesting - we were in Florida a few years ago and my husband was bitten by a spider and ended up in Celebration hospital for five nights.

Our travel insurance was through my Barclays account and they were absolutely brilliant.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for the info.

I am also with Barclays. When I fell in IOA and fractured my elbow , they were very good.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're here now and also bank with Barclays but have not received a text.
We will be here when the storm hits.
We were told today that MCO will stop all flights on Monday so hopefully they'll be able to help if need be in the event of us being strandard
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

In these situations, banks can lift your credit limits and even arrange for you to collect cash from parenting banks.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I really like Barclays.
On the train enroute to Gatwick earlier this year I got a text from them about a suspicious transaction. I called them and they said it was a US transaction (nothing to do with travel was books). I said no it wasn't mine but ironically I was on my way to the airport to fly to the US.
They then decided as I'd need my card (I never said as I'd already thought I'd have to use the credit cards which wasn't a problem) instead of just cancelling it , they set it to use only with card present (e.g. Not on line) and there would be a new card waiting when I got home.
Sensible, helpful and fuss free.

I actually moved from NatWest after an incident when their fraud team forgot to cancel my card when I called to report a suspicious transaction and the ensuring mess left me cardless for over three weeks (their compensation was pretty awful too until I made it clear it wasn't acceptable and I ended up with nearly ten times their first offer)

All banks are definitely not the same.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Had a text from Barclays offering assistance with our account if we are affected by Hurricane Dorian. We hadn't told them we were going away so they must have got this info from our transactions.

They are offering help with our account, cash and cards. I'm not sure exactly what they can do but it might help if you suddenly need to book hotel rooms/flights out of pocket and need additional funds?

We're home now but just thought I'd post in case anyone affected finds this useful. I haven't had a message like this before and I don't know if I'd think to ring my bank in this situation.
If you need to call them do it through their app as it is free

Remember be cautious though and don't call any different numbers they give you as there are scammers everywhere.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List