Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Dec 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7/10 days - Live - Day 8

This morning we went resort hopping and our first resort was ten Animal Kingdom Lodge where we are staying in Nov 2020

The Christmas tree was looking stunning as usual

We went for breakfast in The Mara Which was pretty quiet and this is possibly due to some renovations going on outside, this didn’t impact on our breakfast though as the noise couldn’t be heard inside

I ordered the Mickey waffles which came with cream, strawberries and blueberries

Dan had a fried egg sandwich which had ham and cheese on it and came with breakfast potatoes

My breakfast was lovely, the waffles cooked perfectly and it was just the right size, whilst the food here is very similar to pop century’s food court, it still tasted better and was elevated somewhat.

We also got a box of zebra domes, I’ve heard people raving about these for years so thought I’d give them a try. I’ve concluded that they’re definitely not my thing, they’re squidgy mousse filled amaretto balls with white chocolate on and I wasn’t digging it and two were thrown in the bin.

All in all it was a great breakfast and we’ll definitely go back when staying next year.

Total came to $31.48
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Daily Poutine - Arendelle Aqua Punch

When passing through Disney springs I saw an advertisement for the Arendelle aqua punch at The Dailh Poutine and thought I’d give it a try, it was the first time I was asked for I.D and being 39 I was happy to oblige.

The drink was consisting of Malibu Coconut Rum, Bols Peach Schnapps, Bols Blue Curacao, and fruit juices and it cost $13.85 with tax

It was a shimmery and sparkly drink and a beautiful colour and the big gimmick at the moment is the Arendelle Aqua merchandise in line with Frozen franchise. It was very mild on the alcohol though and tasted more like a fruit juice. So in summary it’s great for Instagram but don’t expect a strong alcoholic drink.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin

Now it was time for our anniversary meal (9 years married) so we went to our favourite restaurant in Orlando - Chef Art Smiths Homecomin. We love the food here, it’s comforting southern food and the atmosphere is relaxed. The drinks are also very good.

First up the menu

For drinks I ordered a honey lavender cocktail which was fresh strawberry and raspberry muddled with rosemary lavender vodka, blackberry jam and lemon juice and honey syrup - it was delicious and despite sounding sweet it was really balanced and you could definitely taste the alcohol

Dan went for a whiskey flight which was 3 whiskeys, candied pecans and a beer chaser, I think he had a wood ford reserve, Jack Daniels and a crown royal and the beer was an IPA but can’t remember which. The candied pecans were absolutely delicious and despite trying to get the recipe they weren’t giving anything away, I ate most of the pecans but Dan loved these too. He also loved his whiskey but will chip in below later on.

For our dinner we both ordered the famous fried chicken which comes with a country gravy, cheddar biscuit and mash potato, I ordered a side of Mac n cheese for us to share and I had bacon on my mash and Dan had cheddar and bacon mash

It was amazing, moist chicken, buttery mash, cheesy mac and cheddar biscuit, shamefully couldn’t finish it but it was incredible.

Dan and I talked about getting a dessert and perhaps the hummingbird cake but we were stuffed, just as we asked for the bill our server brought us an anniversary cake which was the hummingbird cake, we had to eat it and we did, it was absolutely delicious and tasted like a light carrot cake with pineapple added but better.

All in all an amazing meal and came to $116.09 before a generous tip, this is a firm favorite restaurant and we will always return

Old 21 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mariaherself View Post
This morning we went resort hopping and our first resort was the Animal Kingdom Lodge where we are staying in Nov 2020

Dan had a fried egg sandwich which had ham and cheese on it and came with breakfast potatoes

We also got a box of zebra domes.
I had a hankering for something, something sandwich. This was great. Soft bun, flavoursome ham and the cheese cut through just fine. Delicious and recommended.

7/10: good feed.

The zebra domes were utter bobbins. No idea what they were supposed to be but yuck.

0/10: these need to be extinct.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mariaherself View Post
Now it was time for our anniversary meal (9 years married) so we went to our favourite restaurant in Orlando - Chef Art Smiths Homecomin. We love the food here, it’s comforting southern food and the atmosphere is relaxed. The drinks are also very good.

Dan went for a whiskey flight which was 3 whiskeys, candied pecans and a beer chaser, I think he had a wood ford reserve, Jack Daniels and a crown royal and the beer was an IPA but can’t remember which.

For our dinner we both ordered the famous fried chicken which comes with a country gravy, cheddar biscuit and mash potato, I ordered a side of Mac n cheese for us to share and I had bacon on my mash and Dan had cheddar and bacon mash
I will cut to the chase. The meal of the trip by a comfortable margin. I cannot recommend enough to visitors to book themselves dinner here. It is so so good.

The whiskey flight with chaser was a great way to start.

The food was incredible! The chicken is so so good. Delicious buttery mash layered in cheese and bacon bits. The Mac is the best there is.

You could stack this plate with so much to mask average food but art smiths does not need to do that. It works because it knows what it is.

10/10: I come home (Orlando) for Art Smiths food!

Edited at 03:51 PM.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Amorette’s patisserie

Another firm favourite is Amorette’s patisserie and even though we had cake at Art Smiths I wanted something for later in the evening and wasn’t sure if we’d be able to get back to Disney springs. We also have a fridge at the hotel so worst case would be to eat the following day.

I wanted to try a bauble cake (it’s probably called something fancier) it had a marshmallow cream and chocolate mousse inside with a glacé icing and fondant icing bauble top, it was lovely and the marshmallow cream delicious, it was pretty light too and not massively rich.

I also got a 49th and broadway cheesecake which is another favourite but didn’t eat this today so I’ll review that later on

Bill came to $18 and worth every penny
Old 21 Dec 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Happy anniversary 🍾