Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Yosemite accomodation

Can anyone recommend an area to base ourselves in for visiting Yosemite for 2/3 days? I'm still trying to plan our route, but we will be driving there from either Napa Valley, or Lake Tahoe, before heading towards Monterey/Carmel for our next stay.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Probably el portal if you don’t want to stay in valley floor.. Yosemite view lodge is ver close to park entrance. Depending on budget and if it’s adults possibly blue butterfly bb.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We stayed in a place called Jamestown. Honestly, it was the strangest creepiest place I've ever visited. It was like a ghost town literally. A few shops, but no people. Strange antique type shops. 'Attractions' such as gold panning (with dummies hanging from the rafters), we went for a drink in a pub and the locals looked at us as if we had 3 heads. We went and sat outside as we felt so uncomfortable (and they followed us outside). I was sooooo glad to leave.

Don't stay there!
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at Yosemite View Lodge and the location was ideal. Really quick drive to reach the valley floor.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

tenayalodge/packages...SAAEgIbGPD_BwE

Favourite hotel in the world
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
tenayalodge/packages...SAAEgIbGPD_BwE

Favourite hotel in the world
I’ve stayed here too. Not my favourite in the world though but I enjoyed staying here
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

We stayed at Curry Village... in canvas tent cabins - VERY basic but loads of fun.

If you stay in these then PLEASE DO pay attention to the warnings about locking ANYTHING that smells (deodorant, shower gel, toothpastes, FOOD) in the bear-proof lockers. DO NOT leave anything like that in your car !
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnyDuck View Post
We stayed at Curry Village... in canvas tent cabins - VERY basic but loads of fun.

If you stay in these then PLEASE DO pay attention to the warnings about locking ANYTHING that smells (deodorant, shower gel, toothpastes, FOOD) in the bear-proof lockers. DO NOT leave anything like that in your car !
Did something happen to you!? I wouldn’t have thought about leaving things in the car being issue, but now that I think about it, it makes sense!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Did something happen to you!? I wouldn’t have thought about leaving things in the car being issue, but now that I think about it, it makes sense!
Nothing happened to us thankfully as we had paid attention to the warnings and put everything that had a smell in the lockers. However, throughout the night we heard loads of car alarms going off...

...the next morning we went down to the car park and saw about half-a-dozen cars had had their windows smashed or doors literally ripped off by bears.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnyDuck View Post
Nothing happened to us thankfully as we had paid attention to the warnings and put everything that had a smell in the lockers. However, throughout the night we heard loads of car alarms going off...

...the next morning we went down to the car park and saw about half-a-dozen cars had had their windows smashed or doors literally ripped off by bears.
Wow, that's so crazy! Yeah, we'll definitely be careful then!