Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sneaky bonus 6 nights at Universal Feb 2020- Introduction

Introduction

Hi All

This is my first attempt at a report so please bear with me

We are a family of 5

Myself and my husband are both hitting the 40 mark
We have 2 sons 4yrs and 10yrs and 1 daughter 8yrs old

This is our third trip to Florida since having kids. We have been once as adults pre-kids (Disney, universal, Seaworld, DC, Busch and Universal) and husband went as a kid.

The first with kids was 2017- 2 weeks off site in a villa in Davenport with a car. We had grandparents, my brother, sister and SIL. We had Disney and universal tickets and spent two 2 separate night at RPR for express passes. We loved the onsite universal stay so that became a must do. We disliked driving though as poor husband got to do it all. We also felt it was too much hassle to go back to the parks in the evenings after a break.

2nd trip August 2019- It was 10 days onsite POFQ with DDP (upgraded) and 4 night Hard Rock club universal. We got good use out of club level- breakfast, drinks and usually evening snacks and desserts. This time we had grandparents with us. We loved onsite- we aren't big shoppers and with ddp didn't miss the car too much. We also loved POFQ but without grandparents to take a child in their room we cannot go back as a family of 5.

Before this trip we had already booked summer May/June half term 2020. We had gotten the bug now. We originally wanted to try CBR-mainly to try the skyliner but when free dining came we couldn't get it so settled for POR (again with full DDP upgrade) 11 nights- 3 night RPR with club room. With 5 in a room club makes sense for us even if just for breakfast. We upgraded our universal annual passes to seasonal passes ( husband got power for discounts) during the 2019 trip. I think it was £60 ish for the seasonal.

I was messing around pricing winter sun holidays in autumn without any real intention of buying when I stumbled across direct virgin flights- man to MCO for Feburary half term. £200 each. The kids were only off 1 week but it seemed too good to be true. I think most people had a different half term. Given we already had annual passes its seemed rude not too. So we sneaked in a six night trip onsite to RPR universal.

We were really concerned going long hall for 6 nights with 3 kids but we probably wont get a chance like it again so why not.

I was also a little concerned as much as we love universal the youngest is just over 40 inches so we do need to child swap a lot. I was worried he would get fed up but we need not have stressed it was fine.

We were considering Seaworld as well but decided to save this for a different trip and just relax and enjoy universal. Partly money but also time. I think we'll do this with dolphin swim at DC once the youngest is old enough.

I think had there been an paid event to get into Galaxy's edge we would have been there but thankfully for the wallet there wasn't.

We live close to man airport so usually get taxis or meet and great parking. Meet and great was booked, Esta's and travel insurance had already been sorted so we were off.

Link to Index https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161617

Edited at 04:24 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Fabulous price for those flights - too good to miss at that price. Looking forward to reading more as we have a sneaky frip booked for 18th April this year - purely to get a third trip out of our Universal annual passes before they run out in May.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List