Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Guess who saved by flying TC ? Day 6

Today was a simple chill day before a late afternoon/early evening visit to Animal Kingdom. We had booked a ROL package, eating at Tusker House. I was still keeping TC from Leander as things were hotting up.
After a bit of breakfast, we walked over to Disney Springs and then kept going up past all the hotels on Hotel Boulevard to the shops at Lake Buena Vista. I stopped when I saw this fella
We found a typical "Disney" store with all bells and whistles and I bought 5 t-shirts and numerous knick knacks which were far cheaper than in Disney. We walked back and called in D Luxe burger but didnt make the mistake of ordering 2 portions of fries. We jumped on the boat to OKW and showered and changed to go to AK. FYI, D Luxe burger really is good as everyone says. We will use that place next time whether theres a dining plan or not.
As I had walked so far, there was only one option for the rest of the day. Orange crocs.

If I remember rightly, we just wandered around, taking it all in until our ADR at 5.30

We love this park, there are so many trails and paths to stroll down. The staff are amazing and you can end up here all day without realising how long youve been there.
We ate in Tusker House and the food was amazing. Loved all the variety, but were getting a bit sick of how strong the cocktails were in Disney How many of us insist on them when on the DDP ? .
After eating half a cow, we strolled a bit before hitting our FP for Pandora just as they were going to expire. I dont need to say how good this ride is.
Now for the biggest surprise of the whole trip, and Im sure im going to get flamed, but Rivers of Light was dreadful. Sorry, but we left halfway through as I just couldnt grasp what I was looking at Its obviously a personal choice thing.
We left the park and caught the bus back where we got off at the main building and got an ice-cream to walk back with. It wasnt as if Id had plenty during the day. It was lovely sitting in the villa (apart from the TC vulture on my shoulder) chatting about the day
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love your Simba, Timon and Pumba magic shot. I'm a big fan of the cocktails on the dining plan. I also think that Rivers of Light is my 4th favourite of the night time shows at WDW

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List