Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 20, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

As it was a local family run/owned i would have mentioned it. If it had been a big name/chain company i probably wouldnt have.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hubs father had very strong morals, one example: if he/his children saw money on the ground he told them not to pick it up as it didn't belong to them... likely he'd now be thought of as odd for holding such high morals and stepping over the money.

Re the meal, Lou you did what you wanted to do, good for you and your morals, as you can see, in your situation many of us would've done the same.

Last year I took a bad fall in our local Winn Dixie, I was asked why I hadn't gone to Morgan & Morgan, brilliant idea, I can get thousands for not watching my step, but there's just one problem, how does greed live with my morals afterwards, because there's no way I could take Winn Dixie for thousands and hold my head up, it's morally incomprehensible.

I was following our Manager friend, Dan, to another aisle at the time and totally missed the 'wet floor' warning sign by the fresh flowers mat. Dan and staff rallied around, I asked one of the lads, Scott, to get me ice pronto please, after icing my knee our Manager friend asked if he should call an ambulance, absolutely not, I'm okay, it was my fault for not watching where I was going. Accident reports filled in, apologies/it's no bother all round, Dan refused payment for the big bag of ice and Ziplock box they'd opened, off hubs and I went to finish our shopping. A week later a lady rang from WD HQ, she was very formal until I advised I had no interest in suing, okay, there was water by the mat on the floor from the flowers, but so was a warning sign, that was on me. She advised they'd send a gift card, I asked her not to as they owed me nothing, the only thing I wanted was a guarantee the incident wouldn't be a black mark against Dan and his store. Apparently our WD is the most complimented and she assured all was good. She insisted I accept the gift card, apparently it's standard practice.

I did get a chuckle tho, as I went down like a cow on ice, my cup of coffee flying off around me, I heard this scream and knew it wasn't me. Looked up to see this woman in shock, holding my empty coffee cup (our WD supply free coffee) repeatedly saying OMG! My fall affected her so much and she couldn't believe I calmly sat on my backside icing my knee. She nearly passed out when she saw me shopping after all was done and dusted, not sure how she thought I should've reacted.

My bruises were amazing, hip and knee (expected) but how the heck did I get a cracking bruise on top of my big toe! I assume my foot twisted and hey presto, toe took a whack.
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I have to be honest, I would have said nothing
Is that not a contradiciton in terms.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I am still not convinced in either the supermarket or the restaurant situation that that quoted section ( I haven’t opened the link ) makes it a crime . The ‘ payment required or expected ‘ would have been made - you would have paid the amount expected / requested

Again I am no lawyer , just reading it as I see it

Sorry, my comment was based on your knowingly allowing post from before ( I think it’s yours) It could be argued either way as a lot of laws can. To be fair I am not certain a case would be in the public interest anyway at a low level. Costs would far outweigh the potential crime.

I also think that up here it would be nigh on impossible to prove as corroboration would be required and I struggle to see how we would service that to required sufficiency of evidence.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Is that not a contradiciton in terms.
Yes it is

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List