Notices

Old 23 Sep 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
So I was out in Art Of Animation during the hurricane. I booked a package deal with Thomas Cook. I was quite shocked that they didn't contact us at all during the duration of the trip.

Did anyone else book with a travel agent and not hear anything from the travel company ?

Normally I book independently, so it didnt bother me, but I thought if I was with my family and booked a package deal, surely they are there for support and stuff and I dont know, I was expecting a message or something from them, just incase we were scared and wanted to get home before the hurricane.

Whats everyones opinion on this ?
I was in the same boat as you with tc

The least I would of expected was an email to say they were monitoring the situation and general advice and an email after to say I hope all is ok if you need us then...

Left us feeling their attitude was, we have your money now your Disney’s problem!

Very poor show by tc especially with how they sent so many emails regarding selling things in the build up to the holiday and even a phone call regarding currency and if we needed any

I will think long and hard before I ever travel tc again
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

dee the Thomson rep at Sanford airport told us everything on the coach what we needed to know which news channel to watch, also she phoned just before Irma hit to ask if we were alright just to make sure we follow the guidelines at our resort pofq that we had her email and phone number if we needed her or worried about anything

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Conversely, TC were excellent when we were caught up in the ash cloud situation. We were flight only but they put us up in a hotel near the airport, all food included. The only thing we had to pay for was the car for the additional days (which we had booked through budget) but, to be fair, that was our choice. I couldn't fault TC for the service we received.
Old 25 Sep 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

we were contacted throughout by our TA Americansky and also by Ocean Beds (villa supplier) and by the MC . Lots of good info given and follow up after Irma had passed . We were very happy with the level of service even though none of our flights were impacted
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List