Notices

Old 2 Sep 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoobyRay
Gone all Goofy

sorry for feeling selfish

We are due to fly into MCO on 28th so was worried about Dorian spoiling things for us on our holidays, but I realised just how selfish that made me feel. Dorian, along with the many hurricanes that batter the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Florida every year cause untold damage costing billions to repair, taking many lives and here I am worrying about my damned holiday. I suppose its the old adage of "if it doesn't affect me, why should i be bothered" but it made me realise just how selfish that I have been, in only thinking of me and my family.

I truly hope that Dorian and the rest of the hurricanes following it don't affect you people that live through these things too much, and that you are all safe.

I am truly ashamed of myself.
ScoobyRay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Its understandable. We work hard to pay for it, spend lots of times planning and arranging it and many many hours looking forward to it. I would be very surprised if 2 or 3 days after Dorian has left the areas around Orlando and the parks still had signs that a hurricane has even hit (hopefully it will leave Florida alone and burn out over the sea
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
elhowarth
Earning My Ears

I have been so excited since the day I booked the holiday last year, but ever since Dorian I just can’t help but feel deflated and I’m not excited one bit because all I can think about is the poor animals, the lives at risk and their homes. We can reschedule a holiday but they can’t rearrange a home as quick! I am totally with you on it and feeling a bit selfish thinking it could spoil my holiday, or another hurricane may spoilt it but as I said we can rearrange! I think it’s only natural to think selfishly when you spend so long looking forward to going on holiday, especially with costs involved. Cannot wait until this is over for everyone

Edited at 06:51 PM.
elhowarth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You are not being selfish it's totally understandable.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
The fact you have posted this shows you care it’s understandable to feel that way when you’ve looked forward for however many months, spent lots of money & booked things, I’m the same, we nearly didn’t go in 2010 due to the ash cloud & I was worrying about our holiday, my dd is in Orlando at the minute, flew Friday & panicked a bit in case she couldn’t go, it’s just natural it doesn’t mean your selfish

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I think it’s perfectly normal to feel like that - after all you’ve worked hard and saved hard to be able to pay for that holiday for you and your family.

But then you also see the other side, in the grand scheme of things, it’s just a holiday, plans change. These poor people are losing houses. But it absolutely DOESNT feel like that when you’ve been so excited for the holiday for so long, it’s devastating for you. Don’t feel guilty about that, be proud of recognising it though I think.

I would be gutted, I’m sat here now really hoping people are as safe as they can be, but I know I would be gutted to begin with if it impacted our holiday. I would hope that the attitude of “at least were safe” would kick in. I’d have to remind myself though that the times I’ve been safely sat on my sofa I have always said “at least they’re safe” about our friends who have been caught in several hurricanes in WDW.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Far from it your spent a lot of money and time planning this so you have every right to be upset it’s not disrespectful, it’s human nature
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lauraloop01
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I think the initial thought is of disappointment and frustration but, for most, that subsides when we start thinking about how little we are suffering in the grand scheme of things. Our holidays can get sorted, albeit a day or 2 later. Some people suffer for a lifetime after this.
lauraloop01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List