Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Dec 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 days Live - Pre travel day

The time has come for us to head back to Orlando and we’re so excited.

Today has mainly consisted of us getting up and sorting out cases, washing, getting the house ready for Christmas and it also consisted of a home made sausage sandwich for breakfast and some left over Pizza Hut from last night for lunch - exciting huh 🤔

We are now at the Hilton at Manchester airport and once we got settled we ordered room service.

we decided to share a club sandwich and have a dessert each.

The club sandwich had chicken, bacon and egg as the filling and we didn’t have tomato as Dan (DH) doesn’t like them. We also ordered a dessert each. I went for the chocolate and orange tart with orange and ginger sauce and Dan went for warm salted caramel and chocolate brownie with clotted cream ice cream.

The sandwich was delicious, really messy to eat but had the right amount of chicken, bacon and egg inside it, the fries were lovely too and not the typical frozen ones you get in hotels normally, as it was huge it filled us both up nicely and we had a good amount of room left for pudding.

My chocolate and orange tart was delicious but the overriding flavor was of ginger and not much orange came through, it didn’t spoil it though it was still very tasty, I was also surprised with the pastry as it seemed more like a sponge than a normal short crust pastry you have which made it lighter in texture.

Dan enjoyed his warm salted caramel brownie and will write his comments below

All in all it was a great meal and lovely start to the holiday, and with the tray charge of £5 it came to £37 in total. Oh I had a coke too.

We’re up early tomorrow for travel day so expect reviews from the V room, plane food, NBC sports bar and grill and Voodoo doughnuts tomorrow - we’re so excited.

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Hi DH here (apparently that is so I'm not confused with some random person peering in our hotel window).

I do not tend to set a high expectation of over priced hotel food. Especially when it is bought at an airport hotel. Lets face facts, it's usually as Forky would say: 'trash'

So was pleasantly surprised the sandwich was hot, packed with fresh ingredients, didn't have tomato in it (they listened!), and was actually delicious. It was huge mind you, so definitely a sharer.

The dessert was equally as surprising. A chocolate brownie that tasted like it was made of actual chocolate and not artificial flavouring. It was coupled with some fresh clotted cream ice cream, which again was actually as promised. Who would have thought that was possible?

Way to go Hilton, you did good kid.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh, I love a food report. Have an easy and safe travel day.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List