Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
LHR/HKG BA 31/32 cancelled until May 1st 2020

BA have announced that they are cancelling one of their daily services to and from Hong Kong from today - the BA 31/32. They are scheduled to reinstate this service on 1st May at this stage.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

DS is due to fly back from HK (where he is a student) on 1/6 on BA32. I guess they will amalgamate the flights with BA 27/28.

At the moment he isn’t affected but it is going to take a long time for tourism to HK to pick to again after this and the demonstrations.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Our son is due to fly from Auckland to Heathrow next month with Virgin and has been re-routed away from Hong Kong as Virgin Australia had already cancelled all flights on that route and he is now coming in via Los Angeles.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
DS is due to fly back from HK (where he is a student) on 1/6 on BA32. I guess they will amalgamate the flights with BA 27/28.

At the moment he isn’t affected but it is going to take a long time for tourism to HK to pick to again after this and the demonstrations.
Hello Melbatb - good luck to your son and hope he gets back OK. You are correct BA are amalgamating the flights which is serviced by an A380 at the moment. If I hear of any ongoing changes to the schedule I will post here so watch out for updates.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Hello Melbatb - good luck to your son and hope he gets back OK. You are correct BA are amalgamating the flights which is serviced by an A380 at the moment. If I hear of any ongoing changes to the schedule I will post here so watch out for updates.
Thanks Stanley!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Hope he gets back ok, we flew via HK from Brisbane just before the outbreak, scary stuff

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

I really appreciate your updates thank you

We are on BA31 on May 9th, Well I hope we are anyway! I have just spoken to BA to see if we can be put on a direct flight to Tokyo instead of going via HK but the want a fortune to change it as our flight remains unaffected at the moment so I will just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

So got the email today our flight to Hong Kong was cancelled : but... because it was cancelled they booked us onto a direct flight to Tokyo free of charge! Which I was actually shocked I thought we would have had to pay something towards it. So I’m very happy now I can start getting excited again!
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
So got the email today our flight to Hong Kong was cancelled : but... because it was cancelled they booked us onto a direct flight to Tokyo free of charge! Which I was actually shocked I thought we would have had to pay something towards it. So I’m very happy now I can start getting excited again!
Really pleased to hear that - Great result for you.
Old 4 Mar 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Stanley - I assume they have extended the cancellation of BA31/32 as DS got an e-mail yesterday that he is now on BA 28 on 1/6/2020. Not that it really matters as there is not much difference in the timings!

Index of my trip reports