Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Can someone explain Maxpass to me please? :)

I'm a little bit confused about this, if someone would be able to explain to me what it is please! I've read a few articles, and watched a few youtube videos of it, but I think it's just confusing me even more!

I understand how to use it in the park as it seems pretty similar to WDW in terms of clicking through the park, attraction and time etc, but it's the benefit of it that I'm confused by.

Is it basically just an electronic version of the paper fast pass, so that you don't need to walk over to a kiosk to book? Or is it something that I can use combined with the paper one? So I could go to a kiosk and get a FP for something, and book one on the app with maxpass at the same time?

Are you only able to book one maxpass at a time? I think I've seen that you book one, and then you can book another one as soon as you're in the queue for your redeemed one, but I'm not sure if that means it's only one at a time.

I've seen that you need to check in advance what is available, can I ask how to do that? I've looked on the app and I can see if I click on certain attractions it tells me what the next one is available, but is there a list somewhere that I can see, or do I need to check every attraction on the day?

If we do get this, is it best to just keep picking an attraction with one that's soon, instead of picking one for say space mountain that isn't until 4/5 hours later? and if we did do something like that, does that mean we can't book any others until we have used it?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just a bit confused the more I read about it
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you have picked up the gist of it. It is essentially a means of obtaining FP on your mobile device without needing to go to the machines to obtain a paper one.
When you book fastpass, it will advise when you are eligible to book your next FP, which is at the start of your booked FP window or 90 mins (IIRC), whichever is earlier.
You can only book in the available windows, e.g. fast pass for Guardians of The Galaxy may be offering fastpasses for 10:30 - 11:30, and Incredicoaster for 11:00 - 12:00, and if you book GotG you couldn't book Incredicoaster FP until 10:30, by which time Fastpass availability maybe moved out to 13:00 - 14:00.
Pretty much the same as the old Fastpass system at WDW worked.
Hope this answers some of your queries.
The other benefit is that photopass is include with the maxpass.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Read this

undercovertourist/bl...yland-maxpass/
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you! Very helpful and I think I understand now
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

It's really good and you are able to pull times that the paper tickets cant. Once you have scanned into your first attraction, get on the phone and book the next, often just minutes after you finished the first ride you can do another.

The price has doubled now to $20, but I still think it is worth it