Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Feb 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile Halloween horror Nights.

Ok so we are of to Florida in October, staying onsite at Disney and planning to do the 2 weeks at Disney, my plan is to do parks and hotels and gardens too. We weren't going to bother with any other parks, we did SeaWorld and universal last time and I wasn't overly impressed. It's all about Disney for us. However I'm thinking it might be interesting to look round universal at the horror Nights. The tickets are very affordable for 2 nights, if my daughter was coming we would have to visit universal, however she has declined the offer so I'm not sure if it's worth doing. Just wondered what people's thoughts were. Also would it be better to get tickets sooner rather than later, do they run out?
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We loved horror nights. There’s some cool food options too. If you choose nights in the week it’s definitely less busy - we got through all of the houses in two nights last year without express and didn’t stay really late either. I don’t think the 241 tickets run out but I’d be minded to book them sooner rather than later anyway
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loopylola View Post
Ok so we are of to Florida in October, staying onsite at Disney and planning to do the 2 weeks at Disney, my plan is to do parks and hotels and gardens too. We weren't going to bother with any other parks, we did SeaWorld and universal last time and I wasn't overly impressed. It's all about Disney for us. However I'm thinking it might be interesting to look round universal at the horror Nights. The tickets are very affordable for 2 nights, if my daughter was coming we would have to visit universal, however she has declined the offer so I'm not sure if it's worth doing. Just wondered what people's thoughts were. Also would it be better to get tickets sooner rather than later, do they run out?
Why weren't you impressed with Universal last time? It'd be interesting to know in case HHN has any similar things. HHN is a very adult themed halloween night, MNSSHP it is not! Creatures will chase you through the main entrance and scare actors roam certain areas of the park, horror mazes go from fairly scary to very scary and may include some nudity.

Theming is amazing around the park, the walk through areas dotted around the park have some seriously good levels of horror that I've never seen anywhere else, make up and props are just so well done. In short, I've done a ton of halloween events and HHN is the best I've ever experienced and probably won't ever be beat.

It's not all perfect. Queues can be a tough one depending on the night you go and if you add fastpass it can be very pricey for a single night. Tickets for the first date and the last dates will sell out earlier, others should be fine. Avoid Friday-Sunday if not getting a HHN fastpass.
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If you are going just for the two nights get an express pass for one of the nights or you will be frustrated
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Nudity... where was that? I don't think I've seen anything more than what you would see at a water park, ok some might dress in a "raunchy" costume but I've never in all my visits seen anything that I would class as nudity
Is it worth it...mmm depends, we are waiting to see what the Houses will be this year, thought last years was a sort of 60/40 split on how good they were & sometimes it does matter if you know the IP- Stranger Things, we had no idea what it was all about yet people raved about the House. IMO the scarezones are now a waste of time, the park is so busy that, the smoke is useless & there's hardly room to move never mind be chased! Busch still do it the "old way" & having done both last year, BG is on our list for definite this year.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

If you aren't fussed about Islands of Adventure, then I think the HHN 241 ticket is a good way to get into the park. We did it last year and found that the houses themselves weren't for us (we did 2 and called it a day!) But we did really enjoy the atmosphere of the park overall, made good use of short queues for the rides that were open, had a good Wnder around a very quiet Diagon Alley and watched the Scademic of Villains 4 times as it was that good.

I would do it again as a cheap way of visiting.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
If you aren't fussed about Islands of Adventure, then I think the HHN 241 ticket is a good way to get into the park. We did it last year and found that the houses themselves weren't for us (we did 2 and called it a day!) But we did really enjoy the atmosphere of the park overall, made good use of short queues for the rides that were open, had a good Wnder around a very quiet Diagon Alley and watched the Scademic of Villains 4 times as it was that good.

I would do it again as a cheap way of visiting.
Exactly the same as this. Thought the park itself was great, but we only did three or four houses then got a bit bored with him. However lots of other rides were walk-on because people were queuing for houses so we made good use of the park!
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thankyou alot for your replies, I think we will do the 2 for 1 ticket just to go and experience the atmosphere, my son who is 23 would like to go my husband just tags along as he's not keen on thrill rides, I don't do the spinning rides but love to see the theming of the parks so even if we don't bother with the houses will probably enjoy wandering round. What are the scarezones tho please.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

There will be scarezone throughout the park ,details not yet announced for this year yet.Typically the one by the Simpson’s is roaming hoards with chainsaws.last year there was a Zombieland scarezone by the mummy with zombies walking among the crowd .we are going 7 times this year x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I love Horror Nights we usually go 3 or 4 times if we go in September. Mid week and Sundays are the most quiet days. Most of the main rides are open during horror nights with no queues! The shows they have on are always brilliant and definitely not to be missed too. I much prefer Horror Nights to MNSSH at Disney.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List